The Pixelmon modpacks?

WillTeach

I know that the original Pixelmon mod got shut down, and that the current forks of it are reboots of the mod, but I know nothing of its history or how the current modpacks came to be. The two major reboots of Pixelmon can be found on the technic platform, but there is no information online about either of the teams that work separately on their different versions. Looking at the modpacks on the technic launcher make them both seem fairly innocuous, but any information I've tried to dig up on them makes me very suspicious of their origins.

What's the history with these two modpacks, Pixelmon Reforged and Pixelmon Generations? Is it taboo at this point to even broach the topic? I would have completely avoided them if they weren't on the technic platform since I at least know that the technic platform has been around for a while now and I've used it before, but both of these modpacks' websites send red flags with either shady links/domains or empty and unused forums. What surprises me is that, despite the warning signs, there are quite a few users of both of these modpacks. What's going on here?

Edited by WillTeach

• Moderators

they are boosted packs. Fanboys are using bots to boost the downloads and likes of these packs which is why you see them on trending. They are using bots because of our broken trending,

as for the difference between the Reforged and Generations. There's none. There's one group behind one and another on the other, I heard there was a small dispute inbetween the devs of Pixelmon and that caused the rift.

It's essentially the exact same trash

what baffles me is why they thought it was smart to abuse our trending and make themselves as known as possible.

All they will accomplish in the end is making the clock tick faster towards the purge.