Why have Tekkit Lite?

From what I've seen, Tekkit Lite and Technic SSP have the same mods except for ChickenChunks. I don't see the point of having Tekkit Lite when we could just have Technic. Why don't they just have Technic be an all in one with SMP?

EDIT: I'm referring to the dev build of Technic.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, its seems dumb tekkit lite doesnt have thaumcraft 3 as well since it is multiplayer compatible. I'm still extremely pissed that forestry isnt in it.

Both of those are because Technic doesn't have permission for them. While Forestry is pretty much a lost cause, Thaumcraft3 may give permissions when it's more updated, since the maker wants it to be out of Beta first.

EE3 is being completely rewritten to be less 'cheaty' there is no condensers or collectors or transmutation tablets as of now. I know that forestry and thaumcraft arent allowed in tekkit(which sucks), which is why i play FTB cause it has forestry(totally not a lost cause).

EE3 is being completely rewritten to be less 'cheaty' there is no condensers or collectors or transmutation tablets as of now. I know that forestry and thaumcraft arent allowed in tekkit(which sucks), which is why i play FTB cause it has forestry(totally not a lost cause).

He calls Forestry a lost cause, because the developer was willing to put malicious code into his mod. Literally malware, that would cause your game to crash. In reality, he should be completely shunted from the community, but alas, MinecraftCommunityâ„¢.

Thanks for the great answers by the way. I wasn't sure.

@Lucky_Reden - Just start whatever game you play with more RAM. Unless you were talking about your computer all together.

@YOUDIE411 - I agree with you. There are a lot of things in Tekkit that I use that I would hate getting more than once. Usually my end game life is pretty happy and chill when I have my Energy Condenser. I don't really feel like it is cheating (even though it is), I just would hate to get 120 or so diamonds by my self :)

On the forums a while ago I was looking at an article that was talking about EE being ' too cheaty', but then someone came up with a very valid point that sold me.

Sometimes when a player joins a server, they are left with nothing. If the server has been up for a while and has had many players come and go, it's very hard starting out. Sometimes all the resources are gone and you need to trek far and wide to find one or so uranium/Diamonds. With EE they help the n00bies start out better and get to hang with the crowd.

(/uselessbanter4.0)

Why have Tekkit Lite?

Because Tekkit Lite, like Voltz, is moving forward, rather than stagnating. Keeping pace with Minecraft means keeping pace with mod development, which means you, the user, will not be repeatedly frustrated by the same bugs forever due to intractable problems with unsupported versions.

why?

He was part of the anti-technic movement.

"Raaah, they aren't playing this creative game exactly how I want them to play it. I'm going to throw a huge hissyfit, while all the other manbabies support my self-fueled self-destructive e-rampage. Maybe it'll help with my crippling self loathing and manic ego."

Less Cheaty? That's the beauty of EE!

I agree, i loved using EMC machines for billions of diamonds, its still possible now to use the minium stone and autocrafting but it would still require new minium stones. I wish it would be you could take the less cheaty way, or the other way. I think the problem was it wasnt standing as a mod on its own because it would take so long to get going in it.

I just have always appreciated the possibilities added with forestry, especially now with tree breeding. I once had a tree farm which powered everything build craft because its wood turned into charcoal, sand went into peat bog, charcoal into steam engines (stirling engines to some), and the excess to my industrial craft generators.

He was part of the anti-technic movement.

"Raaah, they aren't playing this creative game exactly how I want them to play it. I'm going to throw a huge hissyfit, while all the other manbabies support my self-fueled self-destructive e-rampage. Maybe it'll help with my crippling self loathing and manic ego."

wow but he didn't need to put malware on it he could of just said take it off

I'm not nagging but when the FINALY update tekkit, will they still have energy condenser, transmutation tablet's and collector's???

Nope. He's planning to add something similar to the transmutation tablet, but not giving us any details. The parts of EE2 which were considered OP, such as Collectors and the over-exploitable condensors, are being removed, along with things like Red Matter.