Why was the Condenser removed?

Xuhybrid

Guys. Seriously. It comes down to your personal preference. If the team were worried about dividing the fan base because condensers/collectors etc. were removed, maybe they should add an option in the config text files for NEI/TMI and EE to re-enable them if people so wish to use them. Stop the petty fan wars for the love of notch! Each mod has an overpowered aspect to it, which is brought even more to light when compared to others. It's not really fair to penalise one mod for it's faults and OP-ness when other mods in the pack have aspects which are just as bad, my point is, different mods deliver you different things. EE2 delivers you a way to generate blocks without having to mine them, and while you wait for it to do that, you can do other things. You put 2-4 hours in any mod and your going to reap the rewards from it, no matter what anyone says, whether it's free stuff from EMC, or Quantum armour, it doesn't matter. IC2 can be just as op as EE2 (example - HV Solar Arrays, having enough of these can fill an MFSU almost instantly, that much has been overlooked) they take a long time to make, JUST like the MK1,2-3 collectors and relays from EE2). Take into consideration the hours of mining you will need to do with both mods, and you'll see they're as OP as each other in different ways. You need at least 5 diamonds for a physical condenser, and another 3 to grab the obsidian required for it, and the dark blue covalence dust, which is another diamond. You need to invest more into EE2, which people may find hard to believe because of IC2's recipes and machines, but think about it; most of those machines don't need diamonds. EE2' machines need heck of a lot more. Naturally you should get more! Even then the armor you get from IC2 is far better and quicker to get than the damned gem armour which costs the world to make, and doesn't even give you complete invulnerability. You need a plethora of other items to be a god in EE2, which is another downside to it, it clutters the hotbar. The Nanosaber also is almost as powerful as the Red Katar on mobs, and dispatches players wearing nano much faster.

Sorry about that rant, this is EE3...

I'm intrigued to see what the developers come up with! I don't mind change and I'm really looking forward to see what replaces the main mechanics of EE2, especially that little teaser of being able to "pipe" emc! The machines we people will create..

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In IC2's defense, making one HV Solar Array is incredibly expensive and time-consuming. EE2 allows for rapid exponential growth which can be rapidly accelerated by mining for ores/glowstone and condensing that.

Besides, most servers are on 24/7, allowing you to spend 2 hours getting to 2 or 3 Collectors. You can then just put them down in the evening, log out, and come back the next day to 3 stacks of Diamonds because the Collectors didn't get unloaded. You then invest those diamonds into a full-scale flower, and bam, exponential growth becomes rampant. Total time invested: 2 hours.

IC2 also allows for exponential growth after 20 hours with Mass Fabricators and HV Arrays, which is why some ops (Like me) disable crafting ores from UU-Matter. It really helps.

last time I checked they were not removing condensers and relays. they were just replacing them with three new items. the mater deconstructor, energy conduits, and matter reconstructors. they are going to be very hard to make and will have a small amount of loss over time so it wont be OP. they are also removing collectors mark 2 and 3

Honestly...Tekkit Lite is a new modpack. Condensors, collectors, and everything else in EE2 weren't actually removed. They were not included in the first place. If you want EE2, play Tekkit Classic. It's still available and there are still servers out there running it for the people who want EE2.

I relied on collectors/condensors to a great extent in Tekkit before Lite came out, and when my friend switched his server over to Tekkit Lite, I was apprehensive. However, after exploring some of the "new" mods added to Lite, we were able to generate PLENTY of materials using a flat Mystcraft world with multiple quarries, adjustable electric engines with teleport pipes to power them, and ender chests.The excess cobble and dirt gets fed into a mass fabricator to make UU-matter. We now have 1024 stacks of UU-matter, and had to shut off the mass fabs because the upgraded barrel was overflowing.

I think the real problem with including something "OP" like condensors/collectors with a modpack is that it makes generating blocks so easy that you have no reason to explore the other 60 or so mods included in the pack.

I swear, all I hear is "Waaaaaaaah." This "issue" is over. It is resolved. Move on.

Yes, it's resolved, but your post is kinda like, the fire died down already. And now you're trying too hard to extinguish the fire, and because there is no fire, you're only making it worse.

...says the person with 5 posts to this page of the thread alone. Whatever.

Go back to page 7, or better yet the start of the thread, read the posts of RutibexRut and the replies to them

he stopped posting and the burning house went back to a camp fire where we are just talking about the condenser and it's removal, had you made your post before this one

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/why-was-the-condenser-removed.34661/page-7#post-296859

Then it wouldn't look like you just charged in with the fire brigade

PS How is responding heavily to a post indicative of making something worse, the topic calmed down, Teraku is keeping it going because it's a valid topic even without the constant complaints from OP