How to convert Tekkit Classic world to Tekkit lite !

Yeah so weirdly the Tekkit Classic server replaces that "id" field with teleportPipe for every pipe, why? I don't know but the solution is like you said; replace teleportPipe with the correct string. It's only the server version that does this so you get the same problem if you try and open multiplayer worlds in singleplayer and that's why it was working for me( I was only testing on singleplayer).

I'm really happy cos this is a perfect use for the plugin functionality I wrote in the last version. Here is a plugin to fix this: Download

Just pop it in the plugins directory in midas and do your conversion, it's hardcoded to fix this error so no mapping is needed, and remove it afterwards.

You might have seen I"ve had success using your and weirdbeard's method. However, every 5-10 seconds I get "[sIDEOUT] saving" which I know means the server is auto-saving. I cannot tell what mod/plugin or config file is making the server auto-save, but every time it does, the server lags tremendously because of the save rate. Any idea what file configures the auto-save so I may change the timing or completely disable it?

P.S. Just an update for anyone doing this now with the lattest version of Tekkit Lite, this still works using the plugin provided by havocx42 and patch.txt weirdbeard has attached.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GeneralPickaxe,

Inside the folder where you've installed, and run MidasGold from, there should be a "plugins" folder. Within this plugins folder there should be a 6 files all of them ".jar" files (java). These files should be included within this plugins sub-folder:

ConvertBlocksPlugin.jar

ConvertBuildCraftPipesPlugin.jar

ConvertItemsPlugin.jar

ConvertPlayerInventories.jar

PluginLibrary.jar

TekkitLiteBCConverter.jar

Within the Midasgold folder should be the patch.txt file. When MidasGold launches select the patch.txt file from here.

@NinjaDeer

Congrats! Yes, the second convert would have done you in. :)

@GeneralPickaxe

Yes, what ductape66 said. :) The problem is that, however you are executing the midas jar, it is not able to find its own plugins. Try using the steps I outlined above to ensure you are running the program from within its own directory.

ok im really confused. everyone is posting there own patchs, None will work for me (including the authors one) i always get Unable to load plugins. What does that mean.

I used weiredbeard's patch file, it seems to be the one that provides as many fixes as possible. As for your plugins issue: unpack Midas into its own folder separate from anything else; now you should have a folder containing Midas and everything that goes with it(including the plugins folder). Now ductape66 had said you would have 6 total plugins, I believe I only had 4 to start with plus the 1 from havocx42 titled "TekkitLiteBCConverter.jar" making a total of 5 plugins. So if you only have a total of 5 like me, don't worry you should be fine. Any questions on the actual process of bringing the new converted worlds into the tekkit lite folder; I'm sure weirdbeard or ductape or even myself would be able to answer those too, so feel free to ask :)

i converted my world to tekkit lite and everything is going well except that I can't find ores like ferrous and emerald in my world. Is that supposed to be?

In a word, yes... From what I observed by reading the plugin descriptions and looking at recipes pre- and post-conversion, Ferrous is a new ore. Classic did not generate this ore so when you convert your world, Ferrous ore will not be found in already-generated chunks. I think, though, that I substituted one of the ores which was generated by Classic but no longer used in Lite for Ferrous so, if you used my patch file, you should find some Ferrous Ore in your existing world after all. Otherwise, you will have to explore and generate new chunks for the ore to spawn and it will only be found in those new chunks.

Emerald appears to have been ditched in exchange for Green Sapphire. In my patch file, I converted all emerald ore to Green Sapphire ore. So, what used to be Emerald ore in your existing world will now be Green Sapphire Ore. As of Tekkit Lite 0.5.7, Green Sapphires and Emeralds are equivalent in the recipes I checked out. They appear to be completely interchangeable. So, if you have Emeralds in your inventory, they can still be used but Green Sapphires can also be used in those recipes instead and they are now just as common as Emeralds were.

Tin and copper had ID changes. This is because there are two plugins which added them to the game. The Tekkit team performed some magic to make them both equivalent but I change what appears to be a less-used ID for the more commonly used ID in the patch file. It is a little bit annoying because the two different versions of the ore and ingots look different. The are interchangeable though. And, you may notice, that refining ore directly into ingots will get you one flavor of copper/tin ingots while running them through the macerator and then refining the dust will produce the other flavor of copper/tin ingots. So, my substitution in this area is, for the most part, superfluous.

Many of the substitutions I have made were preferential. You can change them in your patch file if you like. I made what I thought might be the most useful or intuitive changes but I am relatively new to Tekkit and others may make more use of different parts of it which are affected differently by those changes. Consequently, you may like to tweak them a bit. If you would like to change all stone blocks to diamond ore blocks, for example, you can do so in the patch.txt file. :) For a more detailed list of changes I made, check out the commit notes on the git site where I hosted my version of the patch file. Good luck!

one thing i noticed: If you download the file from Github with Chrome, double check the text file. If it has a bunch of XML header BS, open the file on github, copy the text itself and paste it into a patch.txt. I have no idea why it does this. The patch.txt should just be a list of block ID's, never any xml header. It took me a couple hours to realize what was happening.

What if I want to take a structure from Tekkit Lite and put it in Tekkit Classic? how would i end up doing that?

I'm not aware of any published patch files to convert TekkitLite to TekkitClassic. You would need to create your own. Some of the translations would simply be reversals of the ones for converting the other way.

Why would you want to do that though?

i am building something (mostly a concept idea i have) and lite does not have alot of things that i would have liked to added to my castle. i started on lite with out realizing what it did not have. looking through the inventory of classic i realized that i should have started on classic. it is to big of a project for me to start over now lol

i am building something (mostly a concept idea i have) and lite does not have alot of things that i would have liked to added to my castle. i started on lite with out realizing what it did not have. looking through the inventory of classic i realized that i should have started on classic. it is to big of a project for me to start over now lol

why not just add whats missing in lite? Most things have workable replacements in forge.

one thing i noticed: If you download the file from Github with Chrome, double check the text file. If it has a bunch of XML header BS, open the file on github, copy the text itself and paste it into a patch.txt. I have no idea why it does this. The patch.txt should just be a list of block ID's, never any xml header. It took me a couple hours to realize what was happening.

Yes, on github, just clicking on patch.txt brings you to github's file viewer which displays the file within github's UI. If you try to just save the file from your browser, you will get all the html/xml information that is used to display the page in your browser. If you click on the "RAW" button, however, github will display the file in it's own raw text format, without any markup for viewing. From this page, you can use your browser's "save as" feature to save the file. This is how it works with any source file on github so it has become transparent to me. Thanks for pointing this out to users who are not familiar with it.

Hello again! I've just converted my (multiplayer) world to Tekkit Lite using the latest patch file, but now I get the weirdest crash (while playtesting it in singleplayer, haven't tried it on the server yet):

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at com.eloraam.redpower.world.ItemCustomFlower.d(ItemCustomFlower.java:43)

at up.i(Item.java:458)

at up.l(Item.java:600)

at ur.r(SourceFile:334)

at atr.a(GuiIngame.java:406)

Here's the full report - http://pastebin.com/bbu1hz4E

In a nutshell, the game crashes every time I pick up an Indigo Flower (previously a Force Field Directional Projector) and select it on the hotbar so it appears in my hand. Any suggestions?

So far this has worked PERFECTLY for my server in that it runs my maps on Tekkit Lite, thank you everyone who was/is involved in making this possible!

I will try to help the project if I find anything out in my testing process I am now undertaking to confirm the conversion. I will note right now that metal posts from railcraft currently turn into turtles, though. This is not a huge problem, but it is certainly a giant reward for anyone who has a lot of posts down (also, my server bans turtles, and other servers may do the same, so these are a potential liability for those concerned with griefing unless Tekkit Lite and Bukkit now communicate better for anti-griefing protocols and triggers.)

What if I want to take a structure from Tekkit Lite and put it in Tekkit Classic? how would i end up doing that?

then you go through the patch.txt file and swap the ID's over and then follow this post converting your tekkit lite world to a Tekkit classic one, using multiverse (or similar multiworld plugin) on the Tekkit classic side to import the world and use worldedit to copy it to wherever in whichever world you want. simple.

Can you make this work for FTB?

it can be done, but it would require you (or someone else) to go through and check every block in both games and match the blocks and put the different ID's into a patch.txt to use. i did it for BigDig so i could use my existing map (if anyone wants a copy of it, just ask) and it took the best part of 2 days to go through with both Tekkit classic and BigDig open and checking through them like:

OK.. that's the ID for a marble {search NEI in BigDig for marble} there's the new ID {add to patch.txt}.. there's the ID for Energy condenser {search NEI in BigDig for it}, its not there any more, change it to sponge so it sticks out.

I'm trying to convert my classic to lite, yet whenever I load my tekkit classic savegame into midas and add the patch text, it says "Unable to find plugin directory, see log for more details". Anyone know whats going on?

there should be a plugins directory in with the mIDasGold.jar file containing some other jar files.

Bah no matter what I try my old classic world crashes in tekkit lite. I patched, repatched, check for new patch files.. and still each time it crashes on map load. This makes me one sad cookie.

if you have any reactors in your tekkit classic map, destroy them first and then convert the map.

its because they changed the way reactors work in the version of IC2 Nuclear control tekkit lite uses.

if that doesnt fix it, post your server's "server.log" file on pastebin and put the link here.