Is the Technic Launcher Updated when the mods are?

islandboy198

Question

Ok, so I just now got the Technic Launcher to work and it is just awesome! When I started using it I noticed after I have the files for the mod downloaded, and I open the launcher later on it says that it is checking for updates. So does this mean that the minecraft INSIDE the launcher updates with the mods? I notice the minecraft that open up with the launcher is actually Minecraft 1.1, which is where the mod is at in terms of updates. But when the mod is updated, will the minecraft inside be updated as well? I could not find anything about it in the FAQ's and there MAY be a forum about it somewhere but I would just like to ask it here if you dont mind. If you dont get what I'm saying PLEASE tell me, because I'm not really sure if I'm making any kind of sense, or explaining this how I want. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Ok, so I just now got the Technic Launcher to work and it is just awesome! When I started using it I noticed after I have the files for the mod downloaded, and I open the launcher later on it says that it is checking for updates. So does this mean that the minecraft INSIDE the launcher updates with the mods? I notice the minecraft that open up with the launcher is actually Minecraft 1.1, which is where the mod is at in terms of updates. But when the mod is updated, will the minecraft inside be updated as well? I could not find anything about it in the FAQ's and there MAY be a forum about it somewhere but I would just like to ask it here if you dont mind. If you dont get what I'm saying PLEASE tell me, because I'm not really sure if I'm making any kind of sense, or explaining this how I want. Thanks!

-islandboy

Numero Uno: No post signing. friendly reminder before keller.

Numero Zwei: to answer your question, yes, yes it does. the minecraft "inside" technic will update automatically. the technic site hosts all the files necessary for update, so when a new version is pushed to your launcher, everything works as smooth as a baby's ass cheek.

All you need to do is download the launcher and push the "play" button. the technic team takes care of all that nonsense for you. After all, this is Technic, not the barbaric world of minecraftforum.net; we don't hunt and peck for new mod versions here.