Not Using much CPU Power

Cryotech

I'm using the Default texture pack.

I really wish I had a way to force Java to use all the cores on my CPU :/

Also, the only reason I'm complaining is because alongside radical FPS changes comes radical Mouse Sensitivity changes, and it causes really clunky movements that aren't very fun to play.

I'm using the Default texture pack.

I really wish I had a way to force Java to use all the cores on my CPU :/

Also, the only reason I'm complaining is because alongside radical FPS changes comes radical Mouse Sensitivity changes, and it causes really clunky movements that aren't very fun to play.

Java does use all the cores of your CPU. If it's not, then it doesn't need to.

That is, unless you're running something older than Windows Vista for some reason.

I'd call BS on someone claiming 600+fps without minimum quality settings and resolution. Without real, standardized benchmarking settings and map conditions, I wouldn't trust that hardware performance table for squat.

Java is capable of dealing with multiple cores, threads, and high-performance graphics cards, but Minecraft isn't necessarily. If it's not coded properly to take advantage of the language and hardware, then performance will suffer. It's gotten better from 1.2.5 to 1.4.6, but it's still got a ways to go. Users with super-high performance hardware shouldn't automatically expect higher fps by having a higher card than every other card, but the performance on the medium and low end machines is lacking.

How would I make sure my GPU is being used properly?

If you have a laptop with NVidia GPU, then try going to the NVidia Control Panel and set javaw.exe and/or Technic Launcher to be used with the High-End GPU instead of the Intel Integrated Graphics.

Give the Client as much Ram as possible. Gave it 16gb (just to test) and sometimes it uses more than 4gb. So especially running tekkit stuff 1gb is way too less.

No. Just no.

The client will run horribly slow and get the mother of all lagspikes every 10 minutes if you allocate that much. 1536 MB is usually enough for the client, unless the client is also opening to LAN.

No. Just no.

The client will run horribly slow and get the mother of all lagspikes every 10 minutes if you allocate that much. 1536 MB is usually enough for the client, unless the client is also opening to LAN.

Mh can't complain, but i will test this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Windows 8(64) laptop with Core i3 (2.4 GHz) and 6.0 GB RAM. I can only give the technic launcher 1536MB and would like to give it at least 4GB because it always crashes or says "Minecraft has run out of memory" in tekkit. (Rec 3.1.2)

How can I do this?