[1.4.7]AVGWORLD [PvP] [50 Slots] [open] [AverageCraft]

403977_473524632671580_2035421812_n.jpg

IP: avgworldisavg.com:30000

Online 24/7 Except at 12am Eastern For a Scheduled Restart

- Whitelist is not enabled.

-We at AvgWorld have launched our own server, we have many mods preinstalled in our custom modpack using the Technic Launcher. A few people are already playing, but we're always looking for more, many more.

-Preferably we'd like to have people that like to build in communities, either large or small. But if you'd prefer to build by yourself, then that's fine, as long as you have fun.

-PvP is enabled, but it's use should be used with some common sense. You can't just go around swinging your fancy ruby sword at everyone. There has to be proper cause. Example: You're chillen at your house building away and dude drops a loaf on your lawn or something to that effect. You can't go around ripping up peoples machines or start doing mass damage to other players area. If dude is in your area and won't leave you alone, then you have every right to kill that person!

The world has a round border set to 6,000 blocks out in every direction starting from 0,0x/z

The area inside the border has already been generated, to both reduce lag from exploring and so you can see the entire world on the World Map as seen here: http://www.avgworldisavg.com:8123/

-We maintain the best hardware for you to play on!

The rules are pretty straight forward:

1. No harrasment

2. No Griefing

3. No Cheating

4. No Spamming

5. No Advertising

6. Always Be Honest

7. Always Have Fun

8. No Foul Language

9. Always Respect Each Other

10. Do Not Ask For Ranks Or Items

-You start off on the newbie rank, which grants you basic permissions.

-To get the Regulars Rank you must play on our server for no less than 24 hours but can take up 48 hours to get promoted.

A list of commands sorted by rank is provided here:

- In order to connect to our server, go to our forums for detailed instructions:

OR

Just put this in the custom zip field:

Mods:

Additional Pipes

Advanced Power Management

BCIC2 Crossover

BuildCraft

Buildcraft Additional Objects

ComputerCraft

Dimensional Anchors

Ender Storage

ExtraBiomesXL

Factorization

Forestry

Gravity Gun

IC2 Nuclear Control

Immibis Core

IndustrialCraft 2

Iron Chests

Misc Peripherals

Advanced Solar Panels

GraviSuite

Modular Force Field System

Mystcraft

Obsidiplates

Portal Gun

RailCraft

RedPower 2

Soul Shards

ThaumCraft

Thermal Expansion

Transformers

TubeStuff

Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones Edition

XyCraft

Plugins:

Dynmap

Essentials

LogBlock

MultiVerse

Votifier

World Edit

World Guard

Spawn Pics

1035783.jpg

1035785.jpg

1035784.jpg

Teleport Area To Get Off Spawn Platform

1035782.jpg

WIP Community Area

1039572.jpg

---Server Specs---

16GB DDR3 RAM

2x Quad Core Xeon 2.5GHz

50 slots

16 gigs 50 slots overloaded much?? How fast is ur internet?

That may be, but we gotta test the waters first. 105/20mb/s

So far with 10 people online, the amount of bandwidth used was a drop of water in the pipe we have. However I agree !6 gigs may not be enough over time.

just a heads up

the dynmap surface is only about 20% rendered and thus looks very ugly, a simple /dynmap render all, will fix this

also you will run out of cpu power way before you will crash due to low ram, my server only has 2gb of ram and easily holds 32 people but we got better cpu's with over drive (this is not to gloat or be harsh, just general feedback)

other then that this looks like a well setup server and its creator (you mad85x i presume) obviously has basic knowledge of this.

looking forward to see how your server will do in the future

Hey thanks for the heads up Uzumi, running the fullrender command now.

Ha yeah i figured the cpu would be the bottleneck in all this at some point.

I believe the max memory usage so far was just over 2.6GB for some reason or another. Have to see how that pans out.

But hey it's good to know other owners are out there to help and I appreciate the info.

Also i've taken some time to do some snooping lol, and I can safely say I can learn a bit from you.

i am glad i could be of assistance, also you can make a script (advanced) to make the server use more then 1 core of your cpu, as its coded currently in java it only uses 1 core no matter if you have 1,2 or 16, the highest we got it with my servers is 2 cores of 6ghz on both

also make sure you have hyper threading on on your cpu,

speed of ram also matter more then quantity in-case you were un aware of this.

and i am glad you could learn something from how i have done things :)

Just putting this out there, all lag problems have been solved!

Turns out the drivers for the servers Network card were incorrect. They were installed as Broadcom NICs instead of HP NC105i NICs.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you have a lot of fun playing now (:

The world you've never seen before, unless you know my map seed lol. But if you're talking about the spawn area, it's called "The Heaven Spawn"

You can find it here: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=14847.0

Yeah I was talking about the spawn :) Also how did you get multiverse to work, I assume you are using forgebukkit for plugins. I've been trying to get it work and can't seem to figure it out.

We stopped using Multiverse, it caused weird issues with IC2 machines not facing in the right direction, and the portals were a hassle to set up. Instead we're using Mystcraft for the other worlds, the extra biome customization is awesome.

And we're using something called MCPC-Plus for the server. It's a mix of the Vanilla Server and the CraftBukkit Server, as in you don't need to port the mods but you get all the functionality of Bukkit.

I'll save you some time and post a link to it: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=4657.0

Hey, I was looking at the mods list, and I noticed you were missing one of my favourite mods, so I am here to suggest it. It is called Minefactory Reloaded, and you may have heard of it from tekkit. It basically adds more automated machines like the fisher. It also adds conveyor belts, which can be useful for plenty of things. Hope you consider it.

Hey, I was looking at the mods list, and I noticed you were missing one of my favourite mods, so I am here to suggest it. It is called Minefactory Reloaded, and you may have heard of it from tekkit. It basically adds more automated machines like the fisher. It also adds conveyor belts, which can be useful for plenty of things. Hope you consider it.

I'll look into it. It might get added (:

Hey Mad85x. I was wondering, I see that some people are complaining that Extra Bees is not on this server. I was wondering if you could add it. Also, one more question. Ff you could, please add Flan's Planes. Thanks.

P.S. The server is great. Only downside, I am getting some low frame rate.

• 2 weeks later...