update failure

scod

Question

Launcher/pack Version:0.5.4.9.

Operating System:Windows 7 64 bit.

Version of Java: Tried using java 7 v 3 as well as java 6 v 31.

Description of Problem: Update failed when trying to install the modded games, when it tries to download the minecraft.jar

Error Messages: Update failed when I try to install the modded games.

Log: Looking in my Log files it says that "Downloaded 'minecraft.jar' does not matche MD5 of any known minecraft version!".

I have uninstalled avg and replaced it with Avast as well as turned off my firewall as advised on this forum. The download used to work, I don't know if the problem is being caused by the recent patch from Mojang or something I am doing wrong. I have uninstalled the java and reinstalled it in order to see if that is the problem as well.

I do know this has been double posted but could not figure out how to move it from the incorect thread to this one.

6 answers to this question

well, it's clearly downloading something, but it isn't what it expects. there's only a few options here really

1) somehow you're still not using the most recent version of the launcher. this seems unlikely unless they don't update version numbers when they do stuff like update the MD5 sigs of minecraft versions, since my logs have the same version number and it works great

2) your connection is being hijacked somehow. not sure why this would happen, but who knows?

3) the download is consistently corrupted. extremely unlikely, but maybe your ISP hates you? who knows.

the root cause is that certainly that whatever it's getting, it has an MD5 hash that it doesn't know. as to why that's happening, I can only guess unfortunately. I can tell you that your firewall is not getting in the way at least, if that does anything for you.