Mod block ID conflict (Revised)

BenderDragon1337

Question

I feel that I have researched this topic enough to post my own post.

I would like to install the bucket filler for the technic pack http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/704603-vanilla-110-buildcraft-2212-bucket-filler/. (The download was "Client (GitHub)")

the reason for this, is that I wanted to use build craft with industrial craft as the two pumps worked in totally different ways (Industrial craft's pump pumps liquids into buckets while build craft's pump pumps water into pipes.) and I would prefer a crossover at that point. So I decided to look around and found that mod.

But since Technic pack is a bunch of mods bundled together in a neat, little package, I wanted to know the correct way to install mods, so I begun searching the forums, and I found out that I needed to first install the mod by putting the mod in the mods folder (this would be %AppData%\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\mods), then run the Technic pack.

Running the Technic pack would bring up an error, the error being below:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 2c0ee288 --------

Generated 24/03/12 08:13

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1

Java: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2 version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 170 is already occupied by buildcraft.transport.LegacyBlock@7a73cfeb when adding buildcraft.pigalot.BlockBucketFiller@49578c1b

at oe.<init>(Block.java:176)

at aew.<init>(BlockContainer.java:7)

at buildcraft.pigalot.BlockBucketFiller.<init>(BlockBucketFiller.java:16)

at mod_jBuildCraft_BucketFiller.ModsLoaded(mod_jBuildCraft_BucketFiller.java:52)

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:832)

at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)

at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:316)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

And I look at it, and I figured that block ID: 176 was conflicting with another block ID within the Technic pack.

SO, even though it failed to startup, I had to change the block id for the bucket filler mod to something which wasn't used... I found out that you supposedly changed the IDs by going into the newly generated config file, and it would have:

Block ID = ###

UNFORTUNATELY All the config file had was:

#

#Sat Mar 24 08:41:47 GMT 2012

checksum=0

No block Ids to change or anything.

The free block ids are: 123,144,148,152,185,192,193,194,195,196,214,215,240,251,252,253.

These are retrieved by installing the mod again, running it, going into the inventory, going into the NEI settings, turning on "Unhide unused block IDs" and typing in whatever into the search bar, and looking at the results.

So... I was a bit stuck on hat to do... because all I could find was for me to change the config file to something different... and I couldn't change my mod's Ids, I thought of taking a peak into the default mod's classes, and looking for the mod which y mod conflicts with, and changing that to an unused Id, thus resolving the conflict... UNFORTUNATELY, the other config files has no conflicting block IDs belonging to any mod that I could find.

Mind you... I found that many other mod's config files didn't have changeable block IDs either... so that's probably why i didn't find the matching block Id.

So I went looking around again, and found that the IDs had been specifically changed so that they were compatible with each other.

So... My question is how to change a block ID so that it no longer conflicts if there are no block IDs in the config to change?

If the mod is not compatible... then just say please... I don't know how to detect if a mod is or is not compatible with the Technic pack.

Thanks for reading all of this post. Really Appreciate the time you've taken.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet