Requesting EXPERIENCE Java Developer/Coder to create server mod

Skoalify

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an nigerian Prince, I am in a need to transfer 1 , 000, 000 ,000 to a bank. Pleas respond with your full bank information and social security , and you will get 25% of the transaction. Please also include phone cellular, also name. Have a good day.

I am a Nigerian King, get up on my level.

Aw man, just what we needed, an idea guy! We were totally incapable of having ideas before you showed up! how can we ever thank you?

I'm asking for an interested developer of the opportunity to give me my told project a go. If I wasn't even 99% sure my plan for this project was going to be a lame, shitty, not unique and etc idea, I would have done otherwise and shoved the post up my ass. However that isn't the case, I'm a Nigerian King, and I'm looking for a developer interested in developing from my plans that will bring back the veterans n' old people of Minecraft - along with more. Continue reading below..

A ton of great ideas here, a lot that is complete crap and should not ever be developed, than the very few that should. I'm one of those guys coming to this forum of amazing modifications that came from amazing ideas, to bring up another amazing idea that will bring in another amazing mod, also being superior amongst others in every way possible - well not really.. Actually no. really.

I'm not like the uncoordinated youth across the Minecraft community attempting to run a , popular server. I don't want some silly plugin developed, I want for Minecraft to be re-born. This mod, if built, will not just be a couple of cool looking textures, capes, guns and so forth. It will be the gap filled to Minecraft, spread across expensive n' quality servers to ensure 24/7 enjoyment of the best muliplayer modification up to date.

I've been going HAM on this project over the past year, and with all the agreements from my peers as to how astounding what I want to get accomplished would be, is the reason, after concluding my idea is a genuine sexy, I have decided to seek a developer.

You sound just like Labigcheese.

Guess what: Anyone capable of making a decent minecraft mod is either already doing it, or doesn't want to. Nobody needs your ideas, particularly not when the entire community can't help but vomit their "ideas" over every board of every site. There is no shortage of good ideas, there's a shortage of talent to produce them, so coming in and acting like you're special, because you have ideas is downright stupid.

You sound just like Labigcheese.

Guess what: Anyone capable of making a decent minecraft mod is either already doing it, or doesn't want to. Nobody needs your ideas, particularly not when the entire community can't help but vomit their "ideas" over every board of every site. There is no shortage of good ideas, there's a shortage of talent to produce them, so coming in and acting like you're special, because you have ideas is downright stupid.

I'm not having an ego to feeling special because I have an idea, I am just expressing my confidence about the project while requesting a developer to "freely add me on skype and/orgtalk, that is interested, so I can show them more details about the project." I am learning more of Java every day in-fact, however it isn't enough to accomplish what I want to get done in neat and clean code. My project is very Prodigious, barely based on my opinion, but the many others. However, I do have a reason to feel special because of the project I formed out of these ideas, however I've never acted like so, nor plan on doing so because that's just of course dumb.

I completely understand your words against the many of youth who always come and go posting "I have an idea, need developed, UNIQUE, it will be good." But if I wasn't at least 99% sure this project was worth it all, and didn't have the many supporters on behalf of the project, I would have rather shoved the post up my ass. But that isn't the case, this project I have is a bona-fide Phenomenon, and I will be more than happy to prove so when I can get the other piece of the puzzle fit in.

There are 4 pieces of the puzzle. Piece one being me, the one who collectively manages ideas, Peice two being Sios who is responsible for the relation of the community and staff, Piece three being my webdeveloper. And finaly onto piece 4, being the developer to make the Minecraft side possible.

Congratulations on being a smarmy CEO-wannabe.

Nobody cares about your super-special ideas. I can guarantee that you are spouting nonsense, and that there will be no mod, or it will be terrible. I know this from experience. Do you think that your case is unique or something? Because you're so super special?

Let me explain. Your ideas are not special or unique. Ideas are not important, only action is. Every time one of you numb-nuts posts this same damn thread, a moderator comes in and tells you that you're being stupid. Then, you tell us "Oh but I DID get a developer! So who's stupid now!" And then the mod never comes out.

The fact that you claim to have spent 7 months planning this ever-so amazing mod and still haven't even looked at any code tells me that you're completely full of shit.

You've come in with a bunch of buzz words and an assurance that it's totally worth it!

P.S, i didn't call your ideas stupid, i said that they don't matter. Your idea may be great, but it's irrelevant, since ideas are just so much slop when they're coming from someone without the personal capability to execute them.

P.P.S, Everyone thinks I'm awesome until the first time they make a stupid thread.

P.P.P.S, i just went through your posts with notepad, attempting to make a single piece of text without any buzzwords or vague assurances that your idea is the Best Thing Ever, and all i got was five lines of " I am looking for a developer" or similar.

Congratulations on being a smarmy CEO-wannabe.

Nobody cares about your super-special ideas. I can guarantee that you are spouting nonsense, and that there will be no mod, or it will be terrible. I know this from experience. Do you think that your case is unique or something? Because you're so super special?

Let me explain. Your ideas are not special or unique. Ideas are not important, only action is. Every time one of you numb-nuts posts this same damn thread, a moderator comes in and tells you that you're being stupid. Then, you tell us "Oh but I DID get a developer! So who's stupid now!" And then the mod never comes out.

The fact that you claim to have spent 7 months planning this ever-so amazing mod and still haven't even looked at any code tells me that you're completely full of shit.

You've come in with a bunch of buzz words and an assurance that it's totally worth it!

P.S, i didn't call your ideas stupid, i said that they don't matter. Your idea may be great, but it's irrelevant, since ideas are just so much slop when they're coming from someone without the personal capability to execute them.

P.P.S, Everyone thinks I'm awesome until the first time they make a stupid thread.

After posting that, I realized I took what you said the wrong way, making all of what I said completely rude and off-topic. I completely removed it and replaced it with new stuff, please re-read my response.

I'm not having an ego to feeling special because I have an idea, I am just expressing my confidence about the project while requesting a developer to "freely add me on skype and/orgtalk, that is interested, so I can show them more details about the project." I am learning more of Java every day in-fact, however it isn't enough to accomplish what I want to get done in neat and clean code. My project is very Prodigious, barely based on my opinion, but the many others. However, I do have a reason to feel special because of the project I formed out of these ideas, however I've never acted like so, nor plan on doing so because that's just of course dumb.

Then what you SHOULD have done, what any good architect would do, is start working on this "amazing thing" and then, when you got to a point that you needed things you couldn't do on your own SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU HAVE.

Right now, you're coming off as just some wannabe suit-and-tie who likes to blow their own horn. If you had shown up and made a real pitch, you would have gotten responses related to your content. Instead you just waved a "look at me!" flag around and told us that you had the best underpants in town.

Then what you SHOULD have done, what any good architect would do, is start working on this "amazing thing" and then, when you got to a point that you needed things you couldn't do on your own SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU HAVE.

Right now, you're coming off as just some wannabe suit-and-tie who likes to blow their own horn. If you had shown up and made a real pitch, you would have gotten responses related to your content. Instead you just waved a "look at me!" flag around and told us that you had the best underpants in town.

Over a time span of 7 months, have I slowly and gradually formed my ideas together into a big project. It was within the last month it look great escalation bringing me to where I am now. That's different from what you assumed what I was saying was "It took me 7 months, 24/7 to work on this project every second of every day"

Even though I understand your reasoning behind what you say, because a ton of people are just like the dumb nuts you've detailed. You don't actually know anything about my project, so you can't really expect me to care when you say something about it. But of course, you never said my ideas were stupid, you said they didn't matter and that I needed a good pitch instead. Again, re-read my thread, if the developer is interested in this idea I claim to apparently be the bomb, he can add me on skype or gtalk and I'll share my idea there. First impressions are everything for me, it always has been and always will be, so you can expect a good pitch from me when I care. However, having my request posted on bigger forums that bring me more potential to a developer which actually maturely written and so forth.. There isn't much of a loss for me to post it in the way I did over here. I just decided to try something a little different, get straight to the point and be excessive over how awesome it is.

I'm a great business man, you clearly seem to have an understanding of what it's like to fail in all the parts you described I did, but I won't leave that against you.

Yeah, I apologize for the buzzwords and vague assurances from the first post, it made me look exactly as you described. But as I said, it wouldn't have been much of a loss for me.

However It's nice to see I appeal as one with a suit and tie.. I try not to talk and act the way I do at work in the real life, over at the gaming world, but in weird ways it naturally leaks in. I've found a more than capable developer from the other forums, thus leaving this thread in no more use - I'll be more than happy to give you a tour of the game server in which the modification is installed upon once the development dust has settled and everything being established. You're more then welcome to talk to him if you please as well.

will this mod have DRM? how will you protect this awesome idea from being shared and *gasp* perhaps even enjoyed by others?

if you don't have top-level cert checking and signature verification, you wont get very far. not with the forge crowd

In no doubt will I succeed beyond recognition. As stated above, I'm a Nigerian King.

While I haven't checked lately, historically over on the Garage Games little forum there was usually a new "need programmer" post every day or two.

And every single one was depressingly similar.

"My team is looking for an experienced and highly creative programmer for a unique project.

We already have the rest of the team and just need someone who can tweak code to create our reality.

I am the idea guy and part-time <Choose one: artist/modeler/sound effects/music/writer/webmaster>. <random name> is our full time modeler and texture designer, <other random name> is our map maker, <rest of team introduced>.

Applicants must be highly skilled, very creative, and already own all the necessary tools/licenses to complete a <latest version of Torque> product.

Payment will be a portion of game sales once the final project is completed. This will be a very substantial amount, I can assure you. You will agree once you've eard the game premise.

Apply at <random game name domain hosting a stock template website with some half-decent graphics and an "edgy" black background>

Thank you for your time."

And you know what, their biggest mistake was the payment line.

Programmers don't give a crap about your vague ideas, they couldn't care less how popular you think your project will be, or if they have input or not.

You want one of us to take notice, drop our personal projects to take orders from you, and code on your time? You want to act like a CEO? Then you want employees who work for you, employees that have to be compensated. You gotta pony up some cold hard cash.

And no, "It'll be an internship!" will not fly with anyone. Internships may tend to be unpaid, but they're also with companies that already have working staff on hand to give the intern guidance and networking opportunities.

He just needs someone for his mod tho. not a 'real' programmer. Did you not see Mojang snubbed all the so-called 'devs' from their little mojam, cpw even got butthurt over it :\

simple question, but if its a minecraft mod, you dont need anyone who can actually code an entire game, engine and all, its a bit overkill

so.... CJ gonna check your certs or no? you got an enforcer or you just gonna put this out there 100% free for the unwashed masses to enjoy? or will there be additional code injected which forces us to acknowledge your kingship? possible pledges of fealty perhaps?

No, this isn't a mod I plan to discharge to the public community. It will be exclusive to one community that I plan to run – installed upon the several quality servers to ensure stable performance and uptime.

@Neowulf You are completely correct, and I do in-fact have cold hard cash which will be inducted upon the servers. As for actually finding a developer for the Mine craft side, I was fortunate enough to find one that looked beyond initial payment and into the future potential of the community.

Extra Info:

Being a multi-platformed Minecraft server, with our own modification instilled, we can practically do what ever we want.. Such amazing things like streaming audio, no limits to altering the game mechanics, new mobs, blocks and so on from what ever is pleased. That's the part of the main thrust to this community I plan to run. No more will reliability on a countless amount of other developers be an issue, saving us time to dispose the future.

Such amazing things like streaming audio

Amazing? Streaming audio?

Cute.

Your list of amazing possibilities is pretty mundane.

Well, good luck with your new developer. Please don't repost this when it falls through and you need someone else to pick up the spaghetti code he leaves behind (IF he leaves any behind. technically it'll all be his work since you lack a contract or other agreement).

Amazing? Streaming audio?

Cute.

Your list of amazing possibilities is pretty mundane.

Well, good luck with your new developer. Please don't repost this when it falls through and you need someone else to pick up the spaghetti code he leaves behind (IF he leaves any behind. technically it'll all be his work since you lack a contract or other agreement).

I'd rather not go into detail about what I can do without limits, so saying the mundane possibilities is completely fine - there is no reason to be infuriated and say otherwise for no meaning what so ever . You're clearly delirious: D How could you possibly know about a form of agreement, what my ideas are and so forth? You don't have a clue about anything other than the fact that I searched for a developer and found one.. so quit magnifying your childhood by arguing word for word cluelessly like the rest of the fools on the internet, being oblivious to the fact that there is no moral behind this argument you attempt to provoke. The only thing you're accomplishing is being a regretful inspiration to all uncoordinated youth across the world.

To Jay? you

Congratulations on proving nothing,

Being one with greater wisdom and maturity, I shall end it by saying the following:

End of Discussion.

Out of curiosity, why do you think saying "end of discussion" ends the discussion? Having this discussion end simply because you want it to seems more than a little unlikely. Or are you simply trying to take the "I'm taking my toys and going home" approach to discussion?

I'm wondering why you're still trying. Nobody here has taken you the least bit seriously. In fact, all of the response to your pitch has been people calling you stupid, or trying to pound it into your head that you've displayed nothing of value.