technic platform best platform

freakachu

Definetly a step forward! I can see a lot of impovments in tomorows Modding comunity.

How ever I think they didn't do too much good breaking all the Custom .zips that used orginal packs.

Maybee I'm wrong and you still can use default packs with custom zips.

And if so, Can somebody tell me a way of doing that? :)

Definetly a step forward! I can see a lot of impovments in tomorows Modding comunity.

How ever I think they didn't do too much good breaking all the Custom .zips that used orginal packs.

Maybee I'm wrong and you still can use default packs with custom zips.

And if so, Can somebody tell me a way of doing that? :)

They did not break anything. In fact they made it so custom zips are even easier to use. Now you insert the custom zip url into the technic website and they will put it into a list of modpacks. So they are basically like a server/modpack leaderboard now. They don't distribute the packs however they let people post them into a system where people can easily download the pack from the creator of the pack, and rate the pack by giving it a +1.

They did not break anything. In fact they made it so custom zips are even easier to use. Now you insert the custom zip url into the technic website and they will distribute your modpack for you :) Now people can also give your pack a rating. This gives the better packs a better spot on the list of modpacks.

What? We don't distribute anything.

What I meant was that it goes into your system. There people can find the pack and download it to their launcher. However you are just redirecting to our uploaded custom zip I believe.

Hidden

What I meant was that it goes into your system. There people can find the pack and download it to their launcher. However you are just redirecting to our uploaded custom zip I believe.

The only thing that goes into the system is a download URL and some info.

I know you understand but telling people the pack goes into the system just gives the technic haters some vagueness to twist around and attack with.

The only thing that goes into the system is a download URL and some info.

I know you understand but telling people the pack goes into the system just gives the technic haters some vagueness to twist around and attack with.

I apologize I will go ahead and change my previous comment.