Mod permissions

ndm250

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forum Administrators

Thanks for trying to start some sort of argument, uh, thing, but it's an index. Like Google, or Bing, or the Classifieds in your local newspaper! Reading is fun-da-mental!

Thanks for trying to start some sort of argument, uh, thing, but it's an index. Like Google, or Bing, or the Classifieds in your local newspaper! Reading is fun-da-mental!

Just like any popular search engine I can choose if I want my content listed there. So can I have packs that contain my content removed?

Just like any popular search engine I can choose if I want my content listed there. So can I have packs that contain my content removed?

you're right, so if you make a mod pack we will absolutely not force you to list it on the platform. in fact, if you do list it there, you can even remove it yourself whenever you want!

additionally, have you tried to get a site you don't control that talks about something you did removed from google lately? try it sometime.

Obtaining permissions from modders to use their mods in a modpack is not the Technic Team's responsibility, save for modpacks that are assembled 'in-house'. Nor is it the Technic Team's responsibility to police the modpacks posted by other people.

Wait how come I didn't get a cool name and icon like ndm?

Keep asking questions like that and you're sure to get one sometime.

...Saying that we promote these packs is like saying that google promotes the piratebay, because the piratebay is indexed by google...

And yet somehow that argument holds water with the MAFIAA and the judicial system. Go figure.

If someone puts your content illegally on their website, you cannot, in fact, petition google to remove their site from search.

If someone puts your content illegally on their website, you cannot, in fact, petition google to remove their site from search.

Careful he's shifting his goalposts. He got you to imply we thought having links to content is illegal at all.

If I create a website I can have it not be listed on Google, if I create a mod I should be able to have it not listed here.

I'm not asking to have all posts monitored. But if a modder doesn't want their mod to be used in packs posted on this site I think it's reasonable to have it be removed to prevent continued use.

If I create a website I can have it not be listed on Google, if I create a mod I should be able to have it not listed here.

So the Platform should list every single mod ever made then and if you check off that your pack includes it then your modpack is not publically listed?

Gotcha chief.

Sorry if I was unclear. I mean someone has taken your game, album, movie, etc. and hosted it on their website. Their result may be the first thing that comes up when you google your movie, but google won't do anything about it. They have no responsibility to, they're not doing anything wrong, and they don't care. The correct action is to talk to the person's webhost, to the person themselves, to the government, to your lawyer. The correct action is not to talk to google, because they will do nothing.

Now is a mod legally similar to a movie, a game, etc.? I'm very strident about getting permissions for my modpack, but I don't think it is. That doesn't matter, though- even if it were a movie, google would do absolute zip about it. I'm not sure how you can expect Technic to do more than Google.

If I create a website I can have it not be listed on Google

And if someone else has a website they can steal the content from your website and have it be listed on google. That is what you are claiming has occurred here, so I am telling you: google doesn't care.

I'm not asking to have all posts monitored. But if a modder doesn't want their mod to be used in packs posted on this site I think it's reasonable to have it be removed to prevent continued use.

they aren't listing "your mod", they are listing a pack that includes your mod. if that mod should not be in that pack, deal with the guy who made the pack.

you are asking for monitoring. how else would permissions be enforced? someone would have to go through and make sure the mods in each pack have permissions if that is what was required. that does not happen on its own or by magic.

let's all remember, once again, that you don't actually have any skin in this game and you're pushing really, really hard on a very hypothetical point.

So the Platform should list every single mod ever made then and if you check off that your pack includes it then your modpack is not publically listed?

Gotcha chief.

By request of the modder... like I said before. So it would assume you have permission, like Google assumes you want to be indexed.

By request of the modder... like I said before. So it would assume you have permission, like Google assumes you want to be indexed.

Allow me to go a bit off-course here and ask: why are you so sour about other people making it easier for people to enjoy mods more and possibly give some mods a wider audience?

and no one would ever impersonate said modders, or try to report things in their place. none of them would report packs that don't violate their own licenses out of spite or anything like that either obviously so there would be no need for human moderation of the system, right? totally easy!

I do it for the lulz

yeah so this being the second time you've slipped into some seriously stupid shit as for why you have this particular stick up your ass, how about you answer ragnar's question with a reason that is good enough to convince me not to simply ban you for being a complete toolbox?