So... what happened?

Joe Schmo

I'm a little confused with the changes that I'm seeing on the website and I was hoping that some veterans could explain what's happening. A couple days ago, I decided that I wanted to try out the Technic Pack (for SSP) so I came here, downloaded the Technic Launcher, and started it up. I came back to the website today and the entire layout of the website had changed, and Technic was no longer listed as one of the modpacks (only Tekkit Lite, Tekkit Classic, Voltz, and Hack/Mine were there). There was also a brand new Technic Launcher that I downloaded, and Technic isn't listed as one of the modpacks there, either. The new Technic Launcher started saving stuff in a new folder, too. (\Roaming\.technic instead of \Roaming\.techniclauncher)

So as someone who just started yesterday... What happened? I was reading around the forums and some people are saying that Technic Pack is no longer being supported, yet the Technic Pack subforum still has people posting and talking about it. If it's no longer being supported, what is the recommended modpack for playing SSP or SSP+LAN? Should I delete all of the old Technic Launcher data and just go with the new one?

Okay... So then all then old files I just downloaded are obsolete and I should get rid of them?

Another thing I noticed is that Tekkit Lite doesn't have Optifine included as a mod like Technic did. Is Optifine not compatible with other things in Tekkit Lite?

well, older versions of technic aren't broken, they're just not as new. as for optifine, blocker is correct about that as well as the fact that it isn't always as effective as some would like depending on your hardware setup. you can add it back in yourself if you're so inclined

Optifine is not included due to author saying no.

It's not included because of technical reasons. One of them being is that there are no universal settings that play nice on everyones computers. It's something you need to install for yourself. I use it and personally I see vast improvements, but a lot of people didn't. Plus some other stuff I think.

I

It's not included because of technical reasons. One of them being is that there are no universal settings that play nice on everyones computers. It's something you need to install for yourself. I use it and personally I see vast improvements, but a lot of people didn't. Plus some other stuff I think.

I use it too. Fantastic stuff, and a lot more options.

Yes, don't get used to EE2, just go play it.

Heck, make your own modpack.

I don't know enough about all the different mods out there to make a good modpack. I just kinda wanted to play something that a lot of other people have enjoyed, which is what brought me here.

I've got a custom shader pack going that requires it. Game can look amazing with shaders. Like how a finished game should look. :colbert:

I've never used a custom shader, as my computer is a laptop, and likely would explode if I tried to.

I will buy a better one, soon.