Need Help with Plus Sigma and Plus+

kingsocarso

UPDATE:

I've been told the fix to most of the problems with Plus+ and Plus Sigma! Check last post for more.

Admin: Just wanted to ask if I can post a separate thread to inform players about the fix.

---

I've been finding a lot of bugs around town in these new packs, but I'm also finding some great work!

First off, I've been wanting to play something like Plus Sigma ever since the Yogbox stopped being updated. I had my hopes up too high. Plus Sigma was unplayable. A recent update made it launchable, but it is still unplayable! The requirements state the "IncreasePermGen" or something like that checked (it's the only checkbox in the settings menu). Had that checked. The second requirement is 2 GB of allocated RAM, 3 or 4 for optimal use. I closed all the applications I could possibly close, allocated 4 GB, and had all the settings as low as possible. I even went into the Millenaire configs and lowered some of the values that the devs crazily made sky-high. Still bunches of lag. 1 FPS. Literally. I saw some alerts saying that some mods were outdated, but nothing big. I know this isn't a lot of information, but I would appreciate a suggestion if you could give me one.

Plus+ also seems to be broken as RedPower seems to have an id error, although it might just be installation error on my own computer. I tried installing an id fixer mod, but it ended up getting an exception from Xycraft and botched everything up even more. You can judge if it is an id error on the Pastebin of the error created by RedPower:

http://pastebin.com/Q16uga1p

I remember having problems like that with millenaire. Try deleting the millenaire files from Sigma, and see if that gives you a significant speed boost. If it does, i'll fiddle with my install and see if i can suss out any settings that might help (just in case you want to keep millenaire)

I remember having problems like that with millenaire. Try deleting the millenaire files from Sigma, and see if that gives you a significant speed boost. If it does, i'll fiddle with my install and see if i can suss out any settings that might help (just in case you want to keep millenaire)

It seems that the only value in the config that is labeled lag-inducing is village radius. I set that to something around a more normal number(50) but there is still unbearable lag. And I do want to have Millenaire since it's one of the main npc mods.

Also, are you sure FML doesn't have a file requiring all mods be present? I thought there was one like that.

I don't like Millenaire myself, the vanilla villages are more useful once you add Forestry and Thaumcraft into the mix. The lag Millenaire causes increase once villages start warring or trading and Millenaire villages are difficult to upgrade(any ravine or lake within the village can't be built over). Oh and you can just go ahead and delete Millenaire too.

I don't like Millenaire myself, the vanilla villages are more useful once you add Forestry and Thaumcraft into the mix. The lag Millenaire causes increase once villages start warring or trading and Millenaire villages are difficult to upgrade(any ravine or lake within the village can't be built over).

That's why I turned off raiding. Oh also, would this help define the problem:

The main menu lags as well, just as bad as when in-game. The pause menu does not lag but all other menus lag.

Did you try removing millenaire? It might not even be that, but it would be good to know.

Dumped any Millenaire files I could find into a folder. I was hoping I wouldn't get a FML error and I didn't :D.

The bad thing is that it's still laggy as hell. The main menu is still laggy with no reason why. The lag is making world-loading impossible.

Also, the client is frequently freezing even without anything being done.

I would also like to add that other applications function perfectly when Minecraft has that 4 GB of RAM allocated. When world-loading is possible, RAM usage is only around 15% and CPU usage is about 50%, meaning that somehow, PlusSigma was causing the resource allocation to be screwed up, the optimization was horrible, or there was a memory leak. I would really like to play Plus Sigma, so I really want a fix for this.

In other news, I just reset and redownloaded Plus+, started it up, and it seems to have worked so far. (FML just ended its validation. I didn't get this far last time.)

Plus+ crashed again with the same error. RedPower again. Really gonna need a fix!

Plus+ crashed again with the same error. RedPower again. Really gonna need a fix!

Just an update: Rutibex, the maker of Plus+ and contributor to the Plus+ project, is not responding to any tweets. None of the devs of Plus+ seem to be able to help since all their communication methods are either unkempt or nonexistent. Just popped an issue on the Plus+ Pack github.