Help Discussion: ***EVERYTHING you need to know***

VIP_SHADOWZ_666

Hello,

I'am just giving some guild lines for making a mod pack, such as how the files should look,how to post the files and connecting the platform to a host.

You will need...

-WinRar

-a computer

-knowledge of where all your files are kept, %appdata%

-BTW you will need to know how to use winrar (its easy)

File Structure...

so you want to make 4 folders

- bin = holds a modpack.jar file

- config= all the files marked with .cfg at the end from the mods

- coremods= *?* i dont know. leave a message if u know what this does

- mods= the ***files*** you opened and put in to a modpack.jar file

when you have made these folders and placed the files i have listed, this is where you will need to use WinRar, so put bin,config,coremods and mods in to a folder named (anything you want) so when you have done this, you right click and press add to archive... a window should pop up, now in this you will find that rar is clicked but you want to change this to zip, then press enter. ***you have made the file you will upload to your host***

What is a host for your file? and why do i need it?

A host is a Website that you connect to the technic platform, such as media fire or drop box. i use media fire, so you need this because its where you upload your folder with the bin, config, coremods and mods, this is because people are going to be downloading this folder, and they cant magically get the folder from your computer, so you need to upload it.

How do i upload my folder?

***if you do not know what a host is read the above***

so sign up for a host and then upload to there site, after that it may tell you the url of the download, copy the url to your clipboard. go to your platform and create a modpack, fill in the details ( choose the right minecraft version or the hole thing will crash, so if you have mods that are meant for mc 1.4.6 change that tab to 1.4.6). okay it should bring you to a page where you can edit your mod pack, so click *edit* and where it says mod pack location *paste your mod pack URL in*. DONE

How do i make a modpack?

so if you have ever managed mods, this will be easy. open all the mods with winrar and move them in to a folder *named = modpack*, after that you need to right click and click add to archive... , once the window has pops up you need to change the name from modpack.rar to modpack.jar. done!!! then follow file structure...

I would like people to leave comments so that if iv missed anything they can help you...

Signed

shadowz Mod Edit: Don't sign your posts.

Okay, I've got my modpack I made in the .minecraft folder. I got all the configs and settings just the way I like them. I copied and pasted EVERYTHING 1 "folder level" below .minecraft into an archive, so that the mods, config, coremods, and all the other idresolver files were the first layer of files and folders in the archive. I uploaded it to dropbox, made the technic site modpack with it, and tried to launch it. I know it's getting the zip because it takes a while to go from 0 to 100% in the downloading screen, but it just loads up vanilla minecraft without unpacking forge, or any mods. Some help?

well the funny thing is that im getting that error too, iv been reading around and they say its to do with an error in forge, they also say that its to do with the version of forge, i was using the latest build for forge but i got the error too,im trying too use an older version right now, and they say not to go under build 524, if i fix it i will tell you. sorry

I don't get what URL to use, im using the one i get when I try and download it off media fire but when I paste it in it doesent work

On the download page (with the big green button *media fire*), just right click on the GREEN button and click copy link address, okay you will us this on the platform.

Coremods is a new way of Forge to separate every mod from the minecraft.jar. Most of the mods that used to edit the minecraft.jar can now go into the coremods folder and forge will then edit the jar with those mods while still allowing the easy use of the .zip format. Mods like NEI need to be in the coremods in order to function.

Coremods is a new way of Forge to separate every mod from the minecraft.jar. Most of the mods that used to edit the minecraft.jar can now go into the coremods folder and forge will then edit the jar with those mods while still allowing the easy use of the .zip format. Mods like NEI need to be in the coremods in order to function.

To add onto roemba, some mods will need separate core mods, i.e, Immibis mods need the Immibis Core, CodeChicken mods will need Code Chicken Core.

BTW, make sure you use a direct-link to your modpack so mediafire won't work.

Mediafire works, you just need to grab the direct "wget" link. This is done by navigating to your file on Mediafire (finding the page with the green download button), right clicking the download button, and selecting "copy URL" or the like. This URL can be used with the Platform.