Compiling a modpack

Ben_Holy_Land

You need a dropbox public folder in order to distribute the pack. I don't know how to get one if it already doesn't have it. Check the dropbox website. That's where the modpack needs to go in order to get a public link though.

it seems like this was a new feature added to dropbox. you no longer have a public folder. do you know any other places to host the modpack that work?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue whats wrong so I'm here to ask for a hand. Heres the pack and I hope that hellps.

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/industrial-age

Vanilla runs fine on it and the mods seem to download but the mods don't get installed and the modpack.jar does not show up.

i finally fixed the downloading problem, but its still running vanilla, like lukeb28

heres my modpack: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/factory-craft

I am also having this issue, I have gone through your tutorial a multitude of times and gone through a couple others. The modpack.jar is a jar file and they are in the correct folder. Zipped together and uploaded to dropbox under the public folder I coppied the link and put it in my mod pack on the Technic site. When I launch it in the launcher it downloads it all but when it runs it is not modded. I know it has to do something with the jar / bin because when I look in the modpack folder the technic launcher makes everything else is there.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36325003/Frostcastpack.zip

I Have two notes I'd Iike to make... I wanna make them so much I signed up for the forums lol

So First point:

modpack.jar This File can be the jar of ALL mods that you'd normally drop into minecraft.jar ie: you can download the lastest release of forge and save your self a ton of trouble, and just rename the whole package to modpack.jar (Mo Creatures for one has a dependency last i checked that you would drop into minecraft.jar or modpack.jar.. the author is awesome and points this out...)

2nd Point: You MUST have at least one mod in your coremods folder, else it just runs vanilla or buggers up...

took me reading this post over and over and over and then magnifying it and then gnawing my leg off after about 3 hours to figure out them two points.

feel free to call me a n00b and point out some help file I missed...

I Have two notes I'd Iike to make... I wanna make them so much I signed up for the forums lol

So First point:

modpack.jar This File can be the jar of ALL mods that you'd normally drop into minecraft.jar ie: you can download the lastest release of forge and save your self a ton of trouble, and just rename the whole package to modpack.jar (Mo Creatures for one has a dependency last i checked that you would drop into minecraft.jar or modpack.jar.. the author is awesome and points this out...)

2nd Point: You MUST have at least one mod in your coremods folder, else it just runs vanilla or buggers up...

took me reading this post over and over and over and then magnifying it and then gnawing my leg off after about 3 hours to figure out them two points.

feel free to call me a n00b and point out some help file I missed...

I have 3 mods in my core mods folder and at least 10 in the mods folder.it still doesn't work

i finally fixed the downloading problem, but its still running vanilla, like lukeb28

Here's your problem: platform_problem_1.png

Your ZIP has a folder in the root that stores the modpack stuff. Do not do this. The bin, coremods, mods, etc. folders need to be in the root of the ZIP.

I am also having this issue, I have gone through your tutorial a multitude of times and gone through a couple others. The modpack.jar is a jar file and they are in the correct folder. Zipped together and uploaded to dropbox under the public folder I coppied the link and put it in my mod pack on the Technic site. When I launch it in the launcher it downloads it all but when it runs it is not modded. I know it has to do something with the jar / bin because when I look in the modpack folder the technic launcher makes everything else is there.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36325003/Frostcastpack.zip

I just went through your modpack and I can't seem to find any issues. The only thing I might be able to think of is possibly all the configs are messing things up somewhere along the line. Maybe try isolating the problem by removing the configs and try running again.

Here's your problem: platform_problem_1.png

Your ZIP has a folder in the root that stores the modpack stuff. Do not do this. The bin, coremods, mods, etc. folders need to be in the root of the ZIP.

omg thank you so much. it finally works!!!!!!!

heres my new modpack, Explosivescraft: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/explosives-craft

Untitled.pngFor those of you who find that Platform isn't downloading you pack:

Dropbox users:

You no longer need a public folder anymore!

Just place your modpack in the dropbox folder, and right-click to select share link.

Untitled.png

Dropbox.png?token_hash=AAGERBp7WpGKOMw4x

This will open your browser to something that will look like this:

You want to right click the download button and then click copy link:

Webpage.png?token_hash=AAF_u68bCvnJIUWSd

Then this wil be the link that you put in the platform modpack location:

Technic%20platform.png?token_hash=AAGoh4

For Mediafire, you want to do the same thing: right click the green download button and click copy link

(correct me if im wrong, i dont use Mediafire)

Curious, do I set it to run with Java SE Binary to change it to .jar? I'm a newbie.

Wait, nvm.

What if you don't need any configs?

Mod edit: Learn to use the edit button.

If you don't need any configs you can just leave the folder empty.

Do you guys know how to get the mod tab to show?

Are you referring to the mod tab in the minecraft home screen? That will only show if FML is properly installed (which the guide shows you how to do).

Mod edit: Learn to use the edit button.

Fixed that and still loading as vanilla. Here's the file.

My files did the same thing but I finally managed to fix it. Do not use dropbox to host your files. It doesn't work 90% of the time to host for the mod packs.

The main issue with using Dropbox is that it starts the download via the Technic launcher and it times out only a few KB into it because the Technic launcher doesn't know how to deal with DropBox's download permissions. At least that is my educated guess on it. I do know that it only downloads a few kb of data though and now that I moved it onto my webserver it is running flawlessly.