Compiling a modpack

Ben_Holy_Land

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you make sure that any of the mods you are using are not conflicting.

It may be something on their side or something with new mods. Mine was doing that also for awhile.

Nope. I derped and I accidentally linked it to the wrong Url. Still crashing though... I worked once so nothing is conflicting. Heres the error if that helps:

Minecraft has crashed!     

----------------------     

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\np computer\AppData\Roaming\.technic\industrial-age\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-07_23.28.57-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash 

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT d630b608 --------

Full report at:

C:\Users\np computer\AppData\Roaming\.technic\industrial-age\crash-reports\crash-2013-03-07_23.28.57-client.txt

Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 07/03/13 11:28 PM

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.4.7

Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.6.0_38, Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

Memory: 59825144 bytes (57 MB) / 134254592 bytes (128 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1024m

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v7.26 FML v4.7.4.520 Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497 24 mods loaded, 24 mods active

mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.4.7]ReiMinimap_v3.2_06.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

BuildCraft|Core [buildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.4.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

BuildCraft|Builders [bC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.4.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

BuildCraft|Energy [bC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.4.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

BuildCraft|Factory [bC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.4.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

BuildCraft|Transport [bC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.4.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

BuildCraft|Silicon [bC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.4.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

CodeLyoko [Code Lyoko] (CodeLyokoMod 0.3.1 for 1.4.7.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

IC2 [industrialCraft 2] (IC2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

IC2NuclearControl [Nuclear Control] (IC2NuclearControl.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

ModularForceFieldSystem [Modular ForceField System V2] (modularforcefieldsystem.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

mmmPowersuits [MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits] (ModularPowersuits.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerCore [RedPower] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored

RedPowerBase [RP Base] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerMachine [RP Machine] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerCompat [RP Compat] (RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerWiring [RP Wiring] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerLogic [RP Logic] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerLighting [RP Lighting] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerWorld [RP World] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

RedPowerControl [RP Control] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics GL version 4.2.11399 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Texture Pack: Default

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parse error

at com.eloraam.redpower.core.TagFile.readtag(TagFile.java:249)

at com.eloraam.redpower.core.TagFile.readtag(TagFile.java:261)

at com.eloraam.redpower.core.TagFile.readStream(TagFile.java:309)

at com.eloraam.redpower.core.TagFile.readFile(TagFile.java:288)

at com.eloraam.redpower.core.Config.loadConfig(Config.java:31)

at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerCore.preInit(RedPowerCore.java:37)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:485)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:486)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:161)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:410)

at asq.a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT 72d18c20 ----------

Just a quick tip to see if your modpack link will work in the Platform:

copy the link in your browser address bar and press enter,

- if the download starts immediately, the link is correct

- if it shows a page with a download button, the link is wrong.

To correct the wrong link, right click on the download button and 'copy link', paste it in the address bar and try again.

EDIT: please be aware that a nice Guide by IceWolf has been posted on the Platform Homepage click to see it NAO!

I don't know where my problems are. When i try to install my modpack on my launcher, everything download correctly, but it stop when modpack.jar appear.

The link is not the problem ( http://205.196.123.203/ki37ra293wog/5v5pclt7588ewyx/codecraft.zip ). I have followed every steps, (modpack.jar with only .class files) and i have properly compressed all four folders.

If someone has the solution of this problem, i will be very thankful.

(Sorry for my bad english, i am French :) )

what do i do for mods that need to be put in minecraft.jar? I'm having trouble with them

You need to make a file called "modpack.jar", put it in the bin folder, and place the contents of minecraft.jar mods into your modpack.jar (an easy way to do this is to download Forge and rename it "modpack.jar", then put everything in that.

Ok, this is starting to get old now. I developed a working pack on my first run, no problems, and now FML can't load when I try to run the pack. Here's the pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d3ro4pe57ch8ap/Servermods.zip

Can someone please tell me what could possibly be going wrong?

Now FML isn't loading at all, and I don't understand why. Also, the modpack when it does the initial download to the launcher doesn't download any of the mods, coremods, or the modpack.jar. This is the last time I add more mods AFTER something works...

I have tried to make my mod pack following your instructions exactly and i cant seem to get it to work please help

My mod pack is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cahmn94aiw02bbn/mods.zip

You're trying to use the way Forge is setup at the present for a 1.2.5 modpack. Coremods were not a thing until very recently. I can tell just looking at it that ModLoaderMP needs to go in the JAR, although IIRC the last versions of Forge for 1.2.5 eliminated the need for ModLoaderMP.

Can someone please look at this as to why it doesnt work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1csj0a5gk1le5f/pack.zip

Works fine if i install it by hand not in technic format. It was originally formatted in MultiMC

you have Gregtech in your modpack, did you force 'folder change' and save the modpack outside the .technic folder?

modpacks having Gregtech should be downloaded to any folder OUTSIDE the .technic folder