Put 1.1.0 back in the list for manual build selection please....

Staiden

I noticed last week that when you made the new launcher you left out voltz 1.1.0.....

Now you have rolled back the "old" launcher and the highest build is 1.0.13

My server runs 1.1.0 and I have a lot of unhappy members that are trying to connect to my server...

You guys need to get this sorted and quick....

When your server runs 1.1.0 and people cant connect because 1.1.0 its not on the launcher anymore only 1.0.13. that seems like a nice size of a problem. You clearly don't understand how version updates and mod packs work.

Technic is great, my server wouldn't be anywhere near what it is if it wasn't for Technic. What upsets me is like you said it might get "amusing" this community as a whole acts like a bunch of quarreling 13 year olds and could use a boot in the ass. In my experience when you have a PR problem you try and fix it not add fuel to the fire like a lot of this community does.

Yeah, noticed the same thing myself. Removed from both Technic launchers, AND removed from the wiki and official Voltz site as the rec. build. Glad I never updated my server to 1.1.0. :/ I also wish there was some documentation somewhere, although I understand how time-consuming that is... but the wiki is just terrible.

Yea. The server I played on just updated to 1.1.0, and I'm having a heck of a time getting it to run through other means. I came home at 4 hoping to play some Minecraft, and four hours later, I'm still tangling with this mess. :C (Notice the C instead of the (. That's how sad I am.)

Hey Ziddim, hopefully I can be of some help. I'm assuming you still have your server files for Volts version 1.1.0. What I would recommend is that you create a custom modpack for your server using your old files, or by downloading the correct version of each mod from the authors (links on the donate page). Simply host your "Volts 1.1.0" modpack, on a site like dropbox, or mediafire and your players should be able to download your pack and play.

Note: Make sure to use your old config files to ensure the block IDs stay the same, otherwies your current map may be corrupted. Remember ALWAYS make backups.

(Or just wait till they update from 1.0.13 to 1.1.0)

Actually, I have no server files. I'm just a client and never had any reason to set up a server. In fact, I've only been playing Minecraft for a week. I may try downloading the mods one by one and trying to figure out how to install the mod stuff myself. As a n00b, I wish there were a guide to manually installing voltz so I didn't have to stumble through.

Actually, I have no server files. I'm just a client and never had any reason to set up a server. In fact, I've only been playing Minecraft for a week. I may try downloading the mods one by one and trying to figure out how to install the mod stuff myself. As a n00b, I wish there were a guide to manually installing voltz so I didn't have to stumble through.

Have you tried playing the latest version in the launcher (1.0.13)? And has your server owner, knowing none of his users can connect, tried to move the map from a 1.1.0 server to a 1.0.13 server?

I did try the latest version in the launcher. It won't fly. The server owner lives in Sweden, and she just found out about an hour ago, right before she was due for bed... and she's not happy. She says she'll downgrade if we can't find a solution tonight.

So... I've downloaded the 1.1.0 masterfile from Git hub. I dropped the folders in my MinecraftMC, which I have no idea to use, and I got an error during load regarding minecraft. I suspect there's more to installing mods than that, so I'm going to have to go figure all that jazz out.

I run a private server with some friends. As I understand it, the point of Voltz is to keep the server and clients all running the same versions of all the included mods for the sake of consistency, which would be a great boon for public server OPs. Given my situation, perhaps my group should just maintain our own version of the pack and forgo Technic.

Oh, and to the devs: I understand things happen and versions need to be pulled sometimes, but communication is key. There ought to be something stickied, even a simple "Sorry guys, Voltz 1.1.0 is being pulled for maintenance."

I have the same problem, cant connect now on server... was rly stupid idea to remove it..

I managed to get mine to work. Here's how:

Step 1: Installing MultiMC

- Download MultiMC. http://forkk.net/MultiMC4/

- Drop the MC file into a Folder of your Choosing.

- Make a new instance of Mine Craft.

Step 2: Get 1.1.0

- Download the source files (They've taken their repositories off Git hub. I'm not sure where you'd find it now.)

- Copy the everything in the 'client' subfolder to your x\instances\instancename folder, where x = the folder you put MultiMC in and instancename = whatever you named your instance.

Step 3: Update your Mods

Some of the mods in 1.1.0 are out of date, so you have to update them. Download the following mods, extract their jars to a temporary directory, and then use the 'edit mods' function of MultiMC to update them.

- BlastCraft (6.1.30) For whatever reason, the version included in the github package (6.1.29) causes a crash. Update it.

https://github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/tree/master/mods/ue-blastcraft

- Mekanism (5.3.1) The github package includes 5.3. The server that I connect to runs 5.3.1. YMMV.

(Mekanism, Tools, and Generators) http://www.universalelectricity.com/?m=mekanism&p=index#downloads

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Volts 1.1.0 was pulled because it's a developer build and it's unstable, this was BEFORE the tekkit team started directly maintaining it so they didn't get any more warning than you guys as the launcher and site have automated version checks to get the recommended and latest builds (AFAIK)

It is painfully obvious that Technic Pack is a large number of people's first experience with interfacing with programmers who don't get paid to work on the product they produce.

If you were using any build other than the recommended stable build, you assumed all risk involved with running a program that has not been fully tested and bugfixed. Granted the recommended build lacks the features of the latest ones, many people find themselves bitching about the product as if they paid for it. They aren't screwing anyone as much as you are screwing your server population by providing them with a testing environment rather than a stable one. If you're tired with the rate at which stable environments are released, the TechnicPack launcher has a beautiful feature where you can upload your own custom modpack with the versions you oh so crave.