Technic Platform should be sued by Mojang

blazedGinger

"Why should I be responsible for my own actions, someone else should be responsible and take all the blame!"

You are truly messing it up, read the Minecraft terms, read the law of United States, United Kingdom, Australia, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and all other countries thats a part of UN about copyright and websites.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get to the point here. People are posting the Minecraft.jars. What do you expect anyone to do about it? Telling people it's wrong might cut it down a bit, and hopefully this will be made clear in tutorials soon to come, but the Technic team can't check every single modpack which gets uploaded to the platform.

No, as it is the Technic teams responsibility they should remove the modpack from their website immediately.

Yes, but it shows you that content, and by your own accord from what i can tell that means they should be sued for distributing a file, which you still have to LOG IN to use.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Please read the whole topic before replying. I would correct you, except Ive corrected over 10 people now.

So how are they meant to know that these modpacks contain the Minecraft.jar?

To make this clear, although I hope you already know, the platform doesn't host the files. They can't just go through some folder and instantly find all the packs containing Minecraft.jar. Perhaps a report feature would work, but if you want them to actually include that, a hostile attitude is not the way to go about it.

No, as it is the Technic teams responsibility they should remove the modpack from their website immediately.

My problem with this statement is that it implies youtube should also be sued since people distribut illegal content on it all the time.

Probably something about us supporting piracy, at a guess. Because we obviously support piracy by blaming the people distributing the Minecraft.jar for distributing stuff illegally.

Google isnt responsible of their search results, because they are search results not users.

So, you're saying that the Technic Pack is responsible for allowing people to get the minecraft jar, through no purposeful fault of their own, but google isn't?

My problem with this statement is that it implies youtube should also be sued since people distribut illegal content on it all the time.

Lol do you know how many videos that are being uploaded to YouTube in one hour? Do you know how many that gets removed every hour? 5000 videos each hour, 1000 of them gets removed because of problems with licenses, copyright, etc. YouTube moderates their videos, Technic team hasn't seemed to moderate the modpacks they list.

Adlersch and Xylord for "Offtopic" and "Irrelevant" if my memory serves.

I just rejected the tickets and tossed him some infraction points.

This is obviously because I am going against you and the rest of your team. You should take this seriously as Mojang might wanna sue you. You could convert the code that the modpack url contains to a code your launcher only understands. This would fix your problem!

Technic team hasn't seemed to moderate the modpacks they list.

Ok then, instead of making a ragerantpost about lawsuit, why don't you suggest a fix to the problem? Ever thought that maybe, if what you say actually makes sense, that people will take it seriously?

Lol do you know how many videos that are being uploaded to YouTube in one hour? Do you know how many that gets removed every hour? 5000 videos each hour, 1000 of them gets removed because of problems with licenses, copyright, etc. YouTube moderates their videos, Technic team hasn't seemed to moderate the modpacks they list.

Because its not there duty to. To quote the lawyers from thepiratebay (cause their hysterical)

"Contact the Uploader"

If Mojang wants something pulled, they Contact. The. Fucking. Uploader

They didn't file a lawsuit again freeminecraft.com. What makes you think they/will/want to/can do the same here?

Because its not there duty to. To quote the lawyers from thepiratebay (cause their hysterical)

"Contact the Uploader"

If Mojang wants something pulled, they Contact. The. Fucking. Uploader

They didn't file a lawsuit again freeminecraft.com. What makes you think they/will/want to/can do the same here?

Essentially, yep.

Oye, Ginger, if you keep reporting posts you don't agree with I'll be forced to keep giving you warning points for misusing the report button.

Are you as a moderator going to be a racist??? Then well, I can see why you cant moderate modpacks... I am named blazedGinger, and just like higly pigmented people can call each other "nigga" I can call myself "ginger", you cant.

This is obviously because I am going against you and the rest of your team. You should take this seriously as Mojang might wanna sue you. You could convert the code that the modpack url contains to a code your launcher only understands. This would fix your problem!

The only point that you're forgetting is that you need a legitimate minecraft account to download any of these packs.

blazed this has been discussed before

The technic team will not police the internet, nor will they police this system, it will cause a bottleneck in the release of updates to the official packs and to the release of community made packs

Now allow me to pull something up for you

Disclaimer: Online watch movies provides links to other sites on the Internet ([bunch of sites here that I removed]) We do not host or upload any video, films, or media files. Therefore, Watch Movies is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites. If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners / host sites.

I just pulled that from a site that (you guessed it) provides links to movies uploaded to streaming sites

Now lets dissect it

...provides links to other sites on the Internet...

...We do not host or upload any video, films, or media files....

That is what the Platform site does, it links the client to the file specified when you use Create a Pack

...not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites....

it's an index, it carries no blame or responsibility, therefore it can not be sued over the content of it's pages

If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners / host sites.

In other words, the uploader and host are the people responsible for the content

If we sued people for indexing and linking content then the legal department of every search engine and internet advertisement site would be several times larger than the rest of the company just so that they could deal with a drop in the bucket of the lawsuits leveled against them

Are you as a moderator going to be a racist??? Then well, I can see why you cant moderate modpacks... I am named blazedGinger, and just like higly pigmented people can call each other "nigga" I can call myself "ginger", you cant.

What the fuck? Just because he put "oye" like "oi" you think he's being racist?

And yet there have been videos telling you how to get games illegally that are years old. Also youtube has much bigger funding aswell as a large amount of staff to sift through what they can. If your willing to shell out $100,000 a year to pay for staff so technic can sift through this content then feel free to, but if all your going to do is condemn them for the actions of users then leave and keep your opinion to yourself.

Unless you are willing to provide insightful and informative aid to this possible problem.

the hell? Redhead ain't a race, man.