Issues with the Zip File :/

monk126

I'm going crazy over this thing. No matter what I do it's not working i'm having some trouble understanding some peoples instructions. If someone could please Just explain to me whats wrong with my zip that'd be wonderful. So far all the zip is doing when loaded is giving person using the pack Vanilla MC with Forge. Basically any of the mods that go with the .minecraft in the bin File work and anything thats in coremods or mods doesn't go in for them at all. Here is the link to my zip if anyone wants to take a look at it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uo3deckrcgdyxh2/Mods.zip

I'm more than certain I'm missing one stupidly easy to see mistake that i'm too blind to see so please someone help.

I'm not particularly in the mindset to download a zip file from an internet person, but I can try to offer some general ideas that might hopefully help.

The files you include in the zip file basically have to be broken into four folders.

• bin - this contains your modpack.jar file, which is a renamed forge version plus whatever other jar mods you would need to copy into the minecraft.jar under a normal circumstance
  • config - this folder contains the config files for the mods you are offering, to take care of things like block ids and other settings
  • coremods - this contains the zips and jars of mods that are required to be in the coremods folder, based on the instructions on the specific mod
  • mods - this contains the zips and jars of mods that are required to be in the mods folder, per the specific mod's instructions

You would likely have some subfolders in your config folder; some mods structure their configs that way. You may also have a folder or two in the mods folder (I think REI's minimap makes its controls folder in there). Other than that, nothing should be in a subfolder.

Hopefully one of these points helps!

I'm not particularly in the mindset to download a zip file from an internet person, but I can try to offer some general ideas that might hopefully help.

The files you include in the zip file basically have to be broken into four folders.

• bin - this contains your modpack.jar file, which is a renamed forge version plus whatever other jar mods you would need to copy into the minecraft.jar under a normal circumstance
  • config - this folder contains the config files for the mods you are offering, to take care of things like block ids and other settings
  • coremods - this contains the zips and jars of mods that are required to be in the coremods folder, based on the instructions on the specific mod
  • mods - this contains the zips and jars of mods that are required to be in the mods folder, per the specific mod's instructions

You would likely have some subfolders in your config folder; some mods structure their configs that way. You may also have a folder or two in the mods folder (I think REI's minimap makes its controls folder in there). Other than that, nothing should be in a subfolder.

Hopefully one of these points helps!

thank for replying but this didn't help me at all. I already know all that..... What i think is the issue is the Bin file doesn't seem set up right or something. Why is there not tutorial videos made on this yet?

You don't have anything in modpack.jar and you're distributing the entire minecraft.jar. Don't do that. The only things you need to distribute are things that are different from vanilla. That means that pretty much the only thing in the bin folder should be modpack.jar, which should contain the jar mods you need, like forge.

You don't have anything in modpack.jar and you're distributing the entire minecraft.jar. Don't do that. The only things you need to distribute are things that are different from vanilla. That means that pretty much the only thing in the bin folder should be modpack.jar, which should contain the jar mods you need, like forge.

So basically I open Modpack.jar with winrar and put the .minecraft with forge in it into the modpack.jar and remove the rest since they don't need to be changed?

No. You open up modpack.jar and put in it only the files from the jar mods you need. If you only need forge, the the only thing in modpack.jar should be the forge files. The launcher handles merging minecraft.jar and modpack.jar.

Also, you can edit your posts. do so next time.

No. You open up modpack.jar and put in it only the files from the jar mods you need. If you only need forge, the the only thing in modpack.jar should be the forge files. The launcher handles merging minecraft.jar and modpack.jar.

Also, you can edit your posts. do so next time.

Yeah sorry bout that. ill be sure to edit it next time. Would I have to remove the Meta-Inf File though? and by Just files your meaning all the contents of the Forge??

If it's just doing vanilla, not even loading forge, then your config files don't matter yet. You seem to be using GUIAPI. That's a forge coremod, not a jar mod now if I'm not mistaken.

The GUI API is needed for the mo Creatures mod that i'm trying to put in. would that be the cause of all this going bad though? I put the GUI API in my .minecraft Jar when using it on my custom pack and it works then.

I had the same problem when trying to host the file on DropBox. No matter what I did it would always load as vanilla. I hosted the exact same zip on my Azure storage account and it worked first time so it may be something with the way dropbox serves the file up. Open up the launcher console while it's loading and see what it says.

Also the GuiAPI just needs to be put in the coremods folder.

I had the same problem when trying to host the file on DropBox. No matter what I did it would always load as vanilla. I hosted the exact same zip on my Azure storage account and it worked first time so it may be something with the way dropbox serves the file up. Open up the launcher console while it's loading and see what it says.

Also the GuiAPI just needs to be put in the coremods folder.

Oh really thanks a ton man. What do you suggest I use in replacement of dropbox?