Offline Mode

TheAdubbz

Question

Firstly, this is NOT about the fact you can't use a pirated version in offline mode and bla bla bla, i'm talking about LEGALLY purchasing mine craft and not being able to use offline mode.

So apparently after going online and downloading all the files needed for technic ssp, i decided to try and see if offline mode worked, and it turns out, without internet, the launcher gets stuck on the image where it has tools and says 'Technic'.

The launcher should not be dependant on you having an internet connection all the time since maybe some people want to go away and have no wifi or something

9 answers to this question

The team is aware of this, and it's on the list of things being fixed. They released it as is, because everything else was working and (mostly) ready.

Worry not, it will be fixed (although you will still have to log in legit that first time.)

The team is aware of this, and it's on the list of things being fixed. They released it as is, because everything else was working and (mostly) ready.

Worry not, it will be fixed (although you will still have to log in legit that first time.)

Good to know! I'm not exactly surprised that Technic 6.0/Tekkit 2.0 are buggy, usually a lot of x.0 releases contain tonnes of bugs but the publisher/author just wants the game out there anyway.

Good to know! I'm not exactly surprised that Technic 6.0/Tekkit 2.0 are buggy, usually a lot of x.0 releases contain tonnes of bugs but the publisher/author just wants the game out there anyway.

It's a good policy to go by. hundreds of people all trying to do the same thing in their own way will find bugs a lot faster than a handful of developers trying things the way they think it should be done will.

The tekkit release needs to be reeled in and reworked, but all in all, technic 6 works great and the launcher is awesome. It's not actually been that bad. The worst thing was a java error we couldn't have predicted (and isn't our fault). Most of the glaring problems in technic 6 got fixed silently and quickly, and everyones versions auto updated via the new launcher. Pretty handy.

Offline mode is just something we need to add. We're not trying to make any anti piracy statements or push DRM or anything like that. It's just that it will take extra work to enable it that hasn't been done yet. It was more important to get it out there so people could play it rather then sit on it just for that.

It is possible to play offline.You need to copy technic or tekkit into your minecraft and add the things in the vanilla minecraft into the resources but do not replace them and you need to install modloader,modloadermp and forge.It works for me.

EDIT:You need to add modloader and bla bla bla into minecraft.jar . Hopes this helps many people.

EDIT 2 : I run a pirated copy of minecraft as i dont have enough money to buy it

It is possible to play offline.You need to copy technic or tekkit into your minecraft and add the things in the vanilla minecraft into the resources but do not replace them and you need to install modloader,modloadermp and forge.It works for me.

EDIT:You need to add modloader and bla bla bla into minecraft.jar . Hopes this helps many people

Hey scyphozoa, any chance you can link me on how this process works? I've used a few modpacks by hand patching the jars in the past and writing some scripts to build updates, but never used any programs to so this. Much appreciated!