Other Games?

Jay?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) The Sims 2, with most of modthesims' content. seriously, i use so much i will be fucked if they release a content-breaking update. (i doubt they will)

2.) Tremulous

3.) Stronghold Crusader (an oldie, but a goodie!)

EDIT: the above post is either a scam or a win.

Today I found this email waiting for me in my gmail account.

%7Boption%7D%7Boption%7D

Last time i saw screenshots for D3, i was unenthused. Is it looking any better now? I loved D2 and still play whenever i can get my friends in on it, but the consensus from all of us is that D3 doesn't really look like what we think of as Diablo.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to see if I could buy a copy of Pokemon Black off my neighbor (apparently its too embarrassing for my dad to let me buy a Pokemon game at 15, lol). If I can't, I'll download the ROM and stray on the side of danger (I was an avid Pokemon fan back in the day, so I forked over plenty of money anyway...).

Edit: Sorry Jay, I'll stop talking about it. Considering I've never pirated anything (well, I've torrented a English fan-patched Touhou game, because they only come in Japanese) yet, I won't feel that morally guilty. :P

pokemon black...............................wait, that is the newest one, i was thinking of the creepypasta, lol

1.) The Sims 2, with most of modthesims' content. seriously, i use so much i will be fucked if they release a content-breaking update. (i doubt they will)

2.) Tremulous

3.) Stronghold Crusader (an oldie, but a goodie!)

EDIT: the above post is either a scam or a win.

Pretty sure it's legit, i know two other people who've gotten an invite recently.

Last time i saw screenshots for D3, i was unenthused. Is it looking any better now? I loved D2 and still play whenever i can get my friends in on it, but the consensus from all of us is that D3 doesn't really look like what we think of as Diablo.

I'm not the person to ask, since I haven't really played any of the other Diablo games. Freakachu said it was good, though.

It...is and isn't Diablo. Basically, it depends not on how much you liked/loved previous Diablo games, but on how locked you are into the way they worked. Diablo 3 is Diablo 2 except reworked and reimagined with Blizzard's new "focus on the casual gamer but don't ignore the hardcore gamer" philosophy.

They're still shoving a dick up everyone's ass with their always-online form of DRM that they're trying to bullshit us into believing is truly there as an anti-cheating mechanism for the marketplace (because the people who want to play singleplayer offline are trying to cheat for...an online marketplace...while offline?). But other than that...just go watch Jesse Cox's and Yogscast's videos of it.

I played D2, and D3 is worlds different. In fact, they pretty much stripped the game down to "Find gear, sell it for gold or $" (which in my mind is what I call WoWification, which may or may not be accurate).

That being said, once they removed the way you could find runes and instead everyone unlocks all the runes (just depends on level), the only way to customize your character is through item drops. D2 was fun because there were high-end builds for each class that you would have to spec over time for and know in advance what you wanted to do (especially with sorceresses). That's "builds" with an "s" for plurality. My impression of D3 is powerlevel + grind gear. D2 is similar in this mindset except there was more depth because you had to put ability and skill points precisely where they were needed. Eliminating that depth makes the game more accessible for casual gamers, sure. But for someone that enjoys complexity in games, I get quickly bored of it. Which is why I played through the D3 beta twice (Monk and Wizard) and got bored, thus I haven't played it since Feb 18th, my compy says.

Nothing like farming runes and gems, saving then dumping skill points, and spending weekends doing framerate calculations. Can't blame Blizzard for wanting PvP to be accessible to casuals instead of crazies though.

Anyway, currently enjoying Legend of Grimrock. And it's nice to know other people play Tremulous (though it has been 3-4 years since I last played).

I play a few games tbh, I guess the only thing solidly in my top games list would be Skyrim, I'm playing on a laptop so no good steam games for me :(

I mostly spend my hours lurking around this cesspit of creativity and Youtube, my life has no other meaning until I go back to school.

EDIT: On Diablo, I've actually never played it. Anyone got any kinda recommendation to give me?

wait, how does that relate to thinking that pokemon black is referring to the creepypasta?

Hmm... maybe it is a creepypasta in itself. It was a dead friend playing D3 7 years ago, the friend having died 3 years prior to that.

If that is wrong I hope it is one of the Crappypastas, I find how horridly bad they are quite entertaining.

EDIT: On Diablo, I've actually never played it. Anyone got any kinda recommendation to give me?

Oh shit son, you're missing out on an important piece of gamer history!

Diablo 2 is one of the games that has had the longest lifespan. It's still relatively popular. That game will carry my recommendation indefinitely.

Oh shit son, you're missing out on an important piece of gamer history!

Diablo 2 is one of the games that has had the longest lifespan. It's still relatively popular. That game will carry my recommendation indefinitely.

If I understand, the Diablo series is mainly a hack and slash game. I haven't played any of them, but I have played both Sacred games, and those games were based off of the Diablo series. As such, even though I haven't played it, I recommend Diablo too.

Gotta recommend planetside :D Don't know if any of you have played it before, but it's a MMOFPS. Hundreds of people on one world, and bases that three empires are fighting over. Pretty damn epic. It came out in 2003, so there aren't as many people still playing it, but it's getting a new installment (PlanetSide 2) that looks even more fun. Google it!

1: Borderlands to an excessive amount (I'm extremely excited about the sequel)

2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3: FES

3:Kid Icarus: Uprising

There are countless others I've been sinking hours into recently, but I've played these three the most recently

I wasn't a P3 fan, but Nocturne is one of my all time favorite games.

I didn't like it at first due to it's drastic change in persona progression ( Going from the cards and like from P1 and P2), but then I realized I liked the story and interaction with characters to gain stronger persona, because the relationships were believable and the characters were varied and interesting. That said, I love, love, love Nocturne. It has some of my favorite music from the series, phenomenal storytelling and character progression. The press turn system, and the way magatama work were awesome additions to the megaten combat system, plus the Dante cameo was icing on the cake. You just mentioning it makes me want me to go and play it through beginning to end.

I didn't like it at first due to it's drastic change in persona progression ( Going from the cards and like from P1 and P2), but then I realized I liked the story and interaction with characters to gain stronger persona, because the relationships were believable and the characters were varied and interesting. That said, I love, love, love Nocturne. It has some of my favorite music from the series, phenomenal storytelling and character progression. The press turn system, and the way magatama work were awesome additions to the megaten combat system, plus the Dante cameo was icing on the cake. You just mentioning it makes me want me to go and play it through beginning to end.

Digital devil saga is also supposed to be awesome. I wouldn't know because i can never find a single goddamn copy.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, man.

Loved that game 3 times. The problem was a lack of available advancement after a certain point. The best weapons in the game were too easy to get, and you could get any desirable feats maxed out ridiculously fast. Great while it lasted though.

It was a casual-friendly game unless you cranked it up way high and gimped yourself. DA2 was also great, but rather limited by the fact that the company went out of business partway through, so the story kind of just goes ^^^^^^^------_____......|

Amusingly enough, the programmers abused terrible bugs in the PS2 system to make those games (in the engine, really, not DA/DA2 specifically), so they remain the only games I own that I have to play on my actual PS2 instead of on my computer with fancy supersampling and AA. :D

(You cannot BELIEVE how amazing FF XII looks when you render it at 8x its native resolution and scale it back down with interpolation. It's freaking glorious.)