Kaspersky suddenly blocking technic launcher

DocTabasco

I know Kaspersky IS 2013 is blocking technic because it all works when I disable it. but I con't figure out how or why. I've set the launcher as trusted and ran it as administrator, but still no connection. I think it might have to do with installing 64bit java after 32bit, but how would that cause a problem, and how could i fix it? aside from disabling kis every time...

using launcher build 213 on windows 8 pro 64-bit

I'm assuming this is an antivirus? Most people are going to just suggest you replace it with Avast or MSE, so before the rush of SUPER HELPFUL PEOPLE :stare: I will ask you to google how to set programs as exceptions in Kaspersky. Most AV lets you do this. It's not 100% reliable though so feel free to accept the oncoming "SWITCH AV!" advice as well. I can't say it's not correct because I'm quite happy with MSE.

Hidden

I'm assuming this is an antivirus? Most people are going to just suggest you replace it with Avast or MSE, so before the rush of SUPER HELPFUL PEOPLE :stare: I will ask you to google how to set programs as exceptions in Kaspersky. Most AV lets you do this. It's not 100% reliable though so feel free to accept the oncoming "SWITCH AV!" advice as well. I can't say it's not correct because I'm quite happy with MSE.

• Forum Administrators

If this is the case then Kaspersky (man what happened to you? You used to be cool) is doing what bad AV programs do and block ALL JAVAS. It's lazy and dumb and something I'd expect from AVG.

What Cheap says is your only way out, which is saying "No dearest Kaspie, I do indeed trust this. :) " and then patting on it's head. OR replace your AV but that's a little extreme and we aren't aware of your circumstances either.