launcher crashes after server move

chippewaguy13

I had my server on a 6gb 100 slot server I had open to the public and the launcher worked fine. I moved everything into a 32gb 400 slot private dedicated and updated about 10 mods. Now the launcher will let you play single player but if you try to connect it goes to a white screen and then dumps you to desktop with no visible error.

I have tried erasing the technic launcher under %appdata% and down loading it fresh with no improvement. I have re-built, re-uploaded, and re-downloaded the pack more times then i can count. I have tried removing the updated mods and rolling back to prior versions with no help. My java is new up to date and the only one on the system! java 7-17.

How ever If I take the same config, coremods, mods and plug them into a different launcher it will connect the first time run, and play without a problem!! but since most of my players can't do that it's not really an option so %80 of my players are not logging on right now! Besides using the Technic launcher is allot smoother and most of the time easier.

Help?

p.s. if it matters dedicated server is running centos with multicraft running my servers

I had my server on a 6gb 100 slot server I had open to the public and the launcher worked fine. I moved everything into a 32gb 400 slot private dedicated and updated about 10 mods. Now the launcher will let you play single player but if you try to connect it goes to a white screen and then dumps you to desktop with no visible error.

I have tried erasing the technic launcher under %appdata% and down loading it fresh with no improvement. I have re-built, re-uploaded, and re-downloaded the pack more times then i can count. I have tried removing the updated mods and rolling back to prior versions with no help. My java is new up to date and the only one on the system! java 7-17.

How ever If I take the same config, coremods, mods and plug them into a different launcher it will connect the first time run, and play without a problem!! but since most of my players can't do that it's not really an option so %80 of my players are not logging on right now! Besides using the Technic launcher is allot smoother and most of the time easier.

here are drop box links to the forge logs if the help there is an error there but I have been fighting this since saturday and my mind is fried from staring at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqq5424n1u9qbfp/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c91ll2lyhcqo8mr/ForgeModLoader-client-1.log

Help?

p.s. if it matters dedicated server is running centos with multicraft running my servers

Just to make sure, if it's the new launcher, it's stored in .technic, not .techniclauncher. Assuming you got that right and moving on...

I noticed a gregtech NEI plugin. If you installed gregtech and it detects that it's being run from technic, it will intentionally crash the process, so that's a possibility.

The second log says it failed to download a file, or rather, that the download was cancelled. That's definitely causing a crash, but I'm not sure what's causing the download cancel.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I had tried gregtech at one time and learned it crashed technic them took it out but did not know there was an nei plug in still there. will check into it.

will look into failed file down load not sure if it's the MYSQL trying to connect or not the database has not worked since the move I need to sysnc the two or just copy and create fresh.

If I broke a rule using drop box to post those logs someone please tell me I must have missed that part I assumed it was ok since it was ok to host the files for mod paks there. will remove them.

You can use GregTech now if you really wanted to by changing the installation folder of the Technic Launcher. Only problem is you'll have to put it as Custom Modpack or install it into Voltz/YogBox/Vanilla, as it looks for "tekkit" or "technic".

Or you could enjoy the mods in one of many ways they're meant to be played, not the one way some guy thinks you should play.

Just to make sure, if it's the new launcher, it's stored in .technic, not .techniclauncher. Assuming you got that right and moving on...

I noticed a gregtech NEI plugin. If you installed gregtech and it detects that it's being run from technic, it will intentionally crash the process, so that's a possibility.

The second log says it failed to download a file, or rather, that the download was cancelled. That's definitely causing a crash, but I'm not sure what's causing the download cancel.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I do not see how it's calling the gregtech plug in for NEI or how to stop it from doing so. You can play single player from the TECHNIC launcher with no problem but if you try to use multiplayer to connect it crashes, While people using other methods of getting in to my server are not having a problem.

PROBLEM SOLVED: was caused by a bad/or poor install of forge 534 inside the modpack.jar file I either messed up in the copy and build or I got a bad down load but it works now!!