Make nukes only affect certain blocks?

coablt_blu

Good evening gentlemen. I help run a server with tekkit factions and I am looking for some help. We would like to disable nuke's damage to the world, because let's face it, when they are set off things look like crap. However, they are the only things that allow players to break another player's reinforced stone inside of their faction. Since our server is primarily a factions/raiding server we would like to somehow limit the blocks able to be damaged by nukes. Really the only blocks we are looking to allow damaged are anything reinforced, and obsidian.

From what I can tell there is no option for this in the IC config, and I am not aware of a way to do this with worldguard. My question to you guys, is there any plugin that may allow this, and if not, can we make one?

I highly doubt it, I can see 2 ways to to do this but in both cases it's not a good return for the work IMO

1. You would have to modify the blast resistance of everything so that blocks can withstand the power of a nuke
  2. Write a mod that detects the explosion, determines the origin (is it a creeper, TNT, reactor etc) then in the event it is a nuke cancel out the explosion then simulating the now non-existent explosion and remove the blocks you are OK with it damaging

Those are 2 ways I would come up with but I am far from all knowing, there might be a better solution out there

I'm pretty sure that inside the IC2 Config you can set how big an explosion should be (I think it's diameter in TNT, I'm pretty sure that default on tekkit classic is 35, might be wrong). I suggest setting it to 15-20, as I think then they would still be pretty powerful, but it would require many nukes to totally ruin the landscape.

the problem we are having with that jhs232 is that we want to keep the explosion power, but we want to reduce the explosion radius. such as we want to be able to destroy reinforced stone, but only a max explosion of lets say, 5 blocks? so nothing past 5 blocks of the nuke would get destroyed.

I understand. I know of 3 possible solutions to your problems.

1: Use Maxis010 ideas (make a mod/modify IC2)

2: Set the explosion power of a nuke down (it changes the radius, not sure if it changes what it will blast through, if it does, then you'll have to find a place where the nuke is small, but still big enough to destroy reinforced stone) This is how it looks in the config

# Explosion power of a nuke, where TNT is 4

S:explosionPowerNuke=35.0

3: Disable Nuke and make TNT able to blow up reinforced stone and obsidian. I think there is a bukkit plugin that does this.