[1.4.7 Industrial War Pack] Industrial War! [PvP/PvE][80 Slot][Open][Team Warfare][Guns/Armor/Drugs]

Here's the changelog from the latest update. Purely server side this time so you don't have to worry about downloading anything. I'm currently looking into making an install video for youtube but in the meantime if anyone has difficulty installing please email me at [email protected].

✘Features

♦Added mob forts. Dungeons which spawn mobs and have a small area to fight through to get some nice loot.

♦Improved mod drops a great deal. You now get significant ammo, uranium, drugs and various armor components, including combat armor repair kits, from them.

♦Made mobs slightly faster.

♦Finished the New Detroit burbs around the spawn. Feel free to fight in them.

♦Set the rail lines to/from guerilla and militia bases back up. So far I have not had to restore anyones inventory and will probably expand them soon.

♦Made some mob aspects less..laggy.

♦Added dozens of random adamantium bunkers throughout the wilds. They cannot be damaged by anything and cannot be mined. You are allowed to place a safe in the door to establish a secure shelter.

♦Added and will continue to add random drop pods filled with loot. If you see a source of light on the surface in the middle of nowhere explore it.

♦Made the pictures on the OP sexy.

♦Added a complete sphax texture pack, available through the website.

♦Updated OP's massive wall of text to be more up to date.

If the light I see in the middle of nowhere has no visible source should one still explore it?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated the install instructions. The previous ones were pretty awful and I hope the new ones are much better. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have difficulties though at [email protected].

Again, I apologize for the difficulty in getting our pack installed. However, one of our mods does have a DRM that simulates a redpower crash if the install directory contains ".technic" or ".tekkit". I apologize for this inconvenience but would like to note that the mod itself is definitely worth this little bit of extra effort. We have also been given permission by said mods author to include it in our servers pack. The incompatibility with the technic launcher is an entirely separate issue.

Would it be possible for you to buff the ICBM explosives, or for you to add a mod with more powerful explosives? ICBM is a cool mod but it's stuff just doesn't do much right now (except for contagious missiles). Also, is there any chance that you could buff the vindicator as well, It took about ten seconds of non stop firing at point blank range at the dam to kill anything with it. Considering that this gun is more expensive than some of the lower tier weapons, it should be more effective as well.

Would it be possible for you to buff the ICBM explosives, or for you to add a mod with more powerful explosives? ICBM is a cool mod but it's stuff just doesn't do much right now (except for contagious missiles).

Quantum will be getting a massive nerf next update (Like, it will no longer be usable in combat if you don't want to know what death feels like), maybe your opinion on ICBM will change after that, and what other mods would you suggest?

Also, is there any chance that you could buff the vindicator as well, It took about ten seconds of non stop firing at point blank range at the dam to kill anything with it. Considering that this gun is more expensive than some of the lower tier weapons, it should be more effective as well.

I'm 90% certain Mens said the vindicator would receive some sort of buff next update.

Quantum will be getting a massive nerf next update (Like, it will no longer be usable in combat if you don't want to know what death feels like), maybe your opinion on ICBM will change after that, and what other mods would you suggest?

I'm 90% certain Mens said the vindicator would receive some sort of buff next update.

One suggestion I would make is enabling thermobarack missiles. They destroyed quantum when I tested them and the blast

radius isn't completely OP.

For those who haven't heard, this server will be going offline soon. I'd like to form a group of people from red and blue teams thaIndustrt will go to another server and own everything there. If you'd like to join please head over to the Industrial War forums.

For those who haven't heard, this server will be going offline soon. I'd like to form a group of people from red and blue teams thaIndustrt will go to another server and own everything there. If you'd like to join please head over to the Industrial War forums.

Where/when did you hear this?

Where/when did you hear this?
today. In the IW forums Mensrea said that he was going to discontinue hosting the server. We also sacked all of blue base today(including their vault) so either there's going to be a map reset or the server's ending. Seeing that Mensrea confirmed the latter I think it's safe to say that the server's ending for now at least.

today. In the IW forums Mensrea said that he was going to discontinue hosting the server. We also sacked all of blue base today(including their vault) so either there's going to be a map reset or the server's ending. Seeing that Mensrea confirmed the latter I think it's safe to say that the server's ending for now at least.

Well, it appears I was simply uninformed, I must be off now to find some other massive time-sink.

I was actually going to update to 1.5.1 this weekend when I made the decision to let it go. I figured if people are going to lose everything they have built anyway, and crafters mods and my customization would have to be totally updated/rewritten, its a good time to make an exit. Attendance has been kind of dismal for a while and balance was constantly a huge problem. When I tried to balance teams it would just see-saw. Things went from red being empty to blue being empty, and so on. Likewise when I would try to balance armor, people would just quit cause they couldn't abuse their favorite gimmick anymore. Further, without trustworthy people to manage things in different timezones it was nearly impossible to break into new markets. The server population kind of just stagnated and created a negative feedback loop (no ones on so people quit so fewer people were on so people quit, ad infinitum). And yes, it was a huge time (and money) sink for both of us and the time (and money) could be better spent investing in something that yields more favorable returns.

In the end it seemed like trying to do anything special with the game was a waste of time. When you can just slap a server together with an off-the-shelf mod pack and factions and get amazing attendance and loads of recognition with minimal effort it makes you feel like a fool for trying to do anything strenuous and unique.

Though I must say, the handful of really hardcore players who did stick around through thick and thin certainly drove me to keep the server around as long as I did, and to continually try to improve things to attract more players so those guys would have some pals (or enemies). I am sad they will be forced to find some generic clone server to play on and ashamed that I decided to close up shop while they were still actively playing. However, without any active engagments with the opposing force, it would be natural/inevitable that even they would grow weary and search for alternatives. I definitely appreciated the fantastic company, the hilarious conversations and the amazing personalities of the people I got to know here. I will certainly miss you guys and wish you the best in your endeavors. Whatever misgivings I have expressed do not pertain to you guys as after a certain point I was doing this all for you and every ounce of effort was well worth it in that regard.

That being said I will certainly support any player who wants to take up the reins of what we were doing here. Considering the population size the server could feasibly be ran for a fraction of the cost that I was paying for it, and if your content with staying with 1.4.7 it would be simple matter of me handing off the data to you. Its not something I will pretend to encourage though, as you will experience the same frustration we have in dealing with a demographic that is largely adverse to anything they are not familiar with and coping with a system that relies on a high population to properly function; two factors that combined should have indicated that this was a futile undertaking. But hey

what the fuck

we can't say we didnt try.

I was actually going to update to 1.5.1 this weekend when I made the decision to let it go. I figured if people are going to lose everything they have built anyway, and crafters mods and my customization would have to be totally updated/rewritten, its a good time to make an exit. Attendance has been kind of dismal for a while and balance was constantly a huge problem. When I tried to balance teams it would just see-saw. Things went from red being empty to blue being empty, and so on. Likewise when I would try to balance armor, people would just quit cause they couldn't abuse their favorite gimmick anymore. Further, without trustworthy people to manage things in different timezones it was nearly impossible to break into new markets. The server population kind of just stagnated and created a negative feedback loop (no ones on so people quit so fewer people were on so people quit, ad infinitum). And yes, it was a huge time (and money) sink for both of us and the time (and money) could be better spent investing in something that yields more favorable returns.

In the end it seemed like trying to do anything special with the game was a waste of time. When you can just slap a server together with an off-the-shelf mod pack and factions and get amazing attendance and loads of recognition with minimal effort it makes you feel like a fool for trying to do anything strenuous and unique.

Though I must say, the handful of really hardcore players who did stick around through thick and thin certainly drove me to keep the server around as long as I did, and to continually try to improve things to attract more players so those guys would have some pals (or enemies). I am sad they will be forced to find some generic clone server to play on and ashamed that I decided to close up shop while they were still actively playing. However, without any active engagments with the opposing force, it would be natural/inevitable that even they would grow weary and search for alternatives. I definitely appreciated the fantastic company, the hilarious conversations and the amazing personalities of the people I got to know here. I will certainly miss you guys and wish you the best in your endeavors. Whatever misgivings I have expressed do not pertain to you guys as after a certain point I was doing this all for you and every ounce of effort was well worth it in that regard.

That being said I will certainly support any player who wants to take up the reins of what we were doing here. Considering the population size the server could feasibly be ran for a fraction of the cost that I was paying for it, and if your content with staying with 1.4.7 it would be simple matter of me handing off the data to you. Its not something I will pretend to encourage though, as you will experience the same frustration we have in dealing with a demographic that is largely adverse to anything they are not familiar with and coping with a system that relies on a high population to properly function; two factors that combined should have indicated that this was a futile undertaking. But hey

what the fuck

If you're interested there is a group called Minecrunch that ran a pretty decent server I played on a while back. They are looking to add servers to their brand name and might be interested in rehabilitating your server. I don't know whether they're even interested in your kind of server, but all the same they could be. I know it's not likely to amount to much, but their admin was asking people to send server operators their way, so I thought you might be interested. They also provide various benefits to their servers which could help a little.

what the fuck

It sucks to see the server end like this. I'm sorry I wasent there to support the server when It needed support. It was a amazing experience to get to play with you all I hope we all get to meet again :) . This server had to be the must friendly and fun server I have played in my life. And I will never forget the people I met on here. Until next Time everyone.

Good luck with all your futures :D may the best be with you all!

Bye.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you guys have found another server please let us all know on this forums page so whoever looks on here time to time can meet up with others on any server. I still miss this server and all of you guys that I have played with. Hopefully we can meet up sometime on a server.

-Monsterhhy

If you guys have found another server please let us all know on this forums page so whoever looks on here time to time can meet up with others on any server. I still miss this server and all of you guys that I have played with. Hopefully we can meet up sometime on a server.

-Monsterhhy

• 4 weeks later...

If any of you all are looking for a decent custom server, you should really check out Technic Battles Redux - you should be able to find their thread here, or on the first page of the custom server listings.

The staff is pretty good, the modpack is extensive, and the community has a long history. It's back after being on hiatus for a while, so it's just a bit inactive at the moment. All the massive potential is still there, though - just a few new faces would do wonders, and perhaps rejuvinate both communities.

If any of you all are looking for a decent custom server, you should really check out Technic Battles Redux - you should be able to find their thread here, or on the first page of the custom server listings.

The staff is pretty good, the modpack is extensive, and the community has a long history. It's back after being on hiatus for a while, so it's just a bit inactive at the moment. All the massive potential is still there, though - just a few new faces would do wonders, and perhaps rejuvinate both communities.

I can't display their website.

• 10 months later...

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons