No Redpower? Are you inSANE?

To quote Cheap Shot,

We're most interested in delivering a solid experience. Can't make it a popularity contest and stubbornly stick with the celebs just because they're well known. IC2 and Redpower were both cornerstone mods but new modders have stepped up to produce some amazing work. We've always been about highlighting the amazing work of modders and showing them off to the community. With the new mod lineup for Tekkit, we see a lot of those modders who are easily going to become the next big recognized names. Most of their mods replace a lot of the IC2 and Redpower functionality with their own takes, which in many ways are a bit more cutting edge and easier on computer performance. Take that with the fact that Redpower has always been the major holdup for every pack update adding weeks onto release dates. We think it's just time to move on. Just have to grit our teeth and weather the initial knee jerk reactions until people realize that these new mods are on a whole new level, and this update is probably going to be the best in a long time.

You can still play Tekkit Classic and Lite, also you can make a custom modpack based off the new Tekkit and add Redpower in when its updated for 1.5.1. Its not the end of the world. The Technic Team believe its time to move on.

I don;t see how that changes that redpower is still better than the other mods.

Almost everything in RP2, frames being the most notable exception, can be replicated either equally or better with other mods in the new Tekkit.

This basically means Tekkit is more interested in update time and ease of use than quality.

No, not really.

MFR does redstone wires better for a few reasons:

- RP2's redstone invalidates chunks every time it updates. This has caused RP2 timers to become notorious on redpower servers because nearby players are constantly streaming chunks from the server.

- MFR's wiring is compatible with immibis's microblocks, which means that solid blocks from any mod can be made into covers, unlike RP2 wires which can only be covered by vanilla or RP2 blocks.

- MFR's wiring is non-lossy: redstone signal can be transmitted any distance and still only lose one level of signal.

- MFR's wiring carries 16 channels of data, just like RP2 bundled cable. Except, it doesn't need 16 types of colored wiring choking up your inventory to take advantage of those channels, just a precision sledgehammer. It's very simple to produce extremely compact operations.

This is without even going into the benefits of MFR's Programmable Redstone Controller, which is so deeply superior to Redpower's logic blocks in every single way that it's not even worth mentioning.

Which mod does redstone wires better

MFR does redstone wires better for a few reasons:

- RP2's redstone invalidates chunks every time it updates. This has caused RP2 timers to become notorious on redpower servers because nearby players are constantly streaming chunks from the server.

- MFR's wiring is compatible with immibis's microblocks, which means that solid blocks from any mod can be made into covers, unlike RP2 wires which can only be covered by vanilla or RP2 blocks.

- MFR's wiring is non-lossy: redstone signal can be transmitted any distance and still only lose one level of signal.

- MFR's wiring carries 16 channels of data, just like RP2 bundled cable. Except, it doesn't need 16 types of colored wiring choking up your inventory to take advantage of those channels, just a precision sledgehammer. It's very simple to produce extremely compact operations.

This is without even going into the benefits of MFR's Programmable Redstone Controller, which is so deeply superior to Redpower's logic blocks in every single way that it's not even worth mentioning.

I was just going to make fun of you, but then canvox happened.

When I read that RP2 was removed, I was like "WHAT?!", but then I realized that other mods now replace its functionality. I'll have to read up on how to do wiring on walls now, though.

I don;t see how that changes that redpower is still better than the other mods. This basically means Tekkit is more interested in update time and ease of use than quality.

Other way around.

What about microblocks? Honestly, I don't use them all that much but I do like the high precision they offer for creating architectural designs.

If nothing else, I hope someone can pull that out of RP2 and make it standalone.

Someone already has, the person's name is immibis, the mod is called immibis' microblocks, it's in the new Tekkit pack, and it is incredible. Because unlike RP2, microblocks from lots of different mods can be made.

So do the new microblocks work better than RP2's microblocks? Because even though they were a cool concept and all, 9 out of 10 times, I couldn't remove them.

Also, with RP2 gone, my worlds can finally stop getting eaten by multiplying volcanoes.

The new microblocks work great- they only have one weakness, which is that in order for a cover between two pipe/wire/conduit/whatever blocks to stop those two blocks from connecting, the creator of the pipe/wire/whatever has to implement immibis's API, and pretty much no one has. We've gotten some early commitments from a couple modders to do so, however, so later versions of Tekkit will have the ultimate microblock setup.

Awww, I really liked the logic gates and such from Redpower, the awsum lighting blocks, marble and volcanoes and of course the frames :(

Aw well, MFR has kinda the same thing, but when updated, will Redpower return then?