Where the balls is IC2?

Kennu2

I don't even know, how do you fly a spaceship into space, if it needs MJ to even put fuel inside it.Is it going to be added into the modpack, cause i seriously was looking forward to this.And now there's no IC2? That blows.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have to agree with OP that it kinda sux its gone. Is there any way to just add IC2 to the modpack yourself manually? I'll admit i'm pretty new to the modding scene but is there anything stopping you from doing it yourself?

Actually, the reason it was removed was specifically because it hasn't updated to 1.5.1 yet, so no. Once it updates, and if it isn't added back in, then you could manually add it if you wanted.

Actually, the reason it was removed was specifically because it hasn't updated to 1.5.1 yet, so no. Once it updates, and if it isn't added back in, then you could manually add it if you wanted.

Well, thank baby jesus to that.

There was a discussion in the Tekkit Lite forum concerning this. It doesn't sound like the pack producers are interested in including older mods like IC2 or RedPower2. If you want these you add them in yourself, or use Tekkit Lite. Which sounds like they will remain in for the time being.

Fair enough. I personally wouldn't mind just patching my new Tekkit installation for IC2 and RP2 once they both get updated. As of now I'm working off Tekkit Lite but i'll make the jump to the new one soon enough i'm sure. Its hard to give up the nuclear reactors and the abundance of power they produce.

At the moment, while the modders add in IC2 (Not optional ADD IT YOU ASSES), Ahehm.. yes.. Anyway, Use Conductive Pipes and Redstone engines. Fairly slow and weak, but it's early game everything is!

Never use combustion. Causes too much problems for little to no power.

(Not optional ADD IT YOU ASSES)

I tend to agree. It doesnt seem like there's really any other good ways of producing/storing power without IC2. You cant even use blutricity without RP2. Kind of odd that they would get rid of one of the most useful mods just for the sake of wanting to get the new version out sooner. =/

At the moment, while the modders add in IC2 (Not optional ADD IT YOU ASSES), Ahehm.. yes.. Anyway, Use Conductive Pipes and Redstone engines. Fairly slow and weak, but it's early game everything is!

Never use combustion. Causes too much problems for little to no power.

Pro tip: Use Stirling Engines for actual results

They're like generators. Personally, I always found BuildCraft's engines to fit Minecraft better than IC²'s generators and solar panels and stuff.

Also, MJ is from BuildCraft, IC2 uses EU. Use Redstone Energy Cells or something.

I was about to say "What happened to power converters?", but then I realized Power Converters isn't necessary anymore.

IC2 developers run a shrouded operation where you can't ask if/when an update is coming, nor are they transparent about what work is being done, if at all.

Some people say there is a beta. Link?

TBH, I'm fine without it now. I know it is a big deal, but my players understand that there are alternatives, which will be more enjoyable in the long run.

Yeah, IC2 has gotten kinda stale for me. The only thing I currently miss is machines being faster. So we really just need upgrades for Thermal Expansion's machines, and we'll be good to go.

I tend to agree. It doesnt seem like there's really any other good ways of producing/storing power without IC2. You cant even use blutricity without RP2. Kind of odd that they would get rid of one of the most useful mods just for the sake of wanting to get the new version out sooner. =/

Wanted to beat FTB to the punch..

Costed..

I don't get why everyone is so worried about IC2...Its an old mod doing the same things but worse then TE. The only thing I miss is Railcraft for its iron and now steel tanks. But that was easily added.

Btw: the FTB pack should of been out monday....I wonder where that is?

Wanted to beat FTB to the punch..

Costed..

That's not how things are at all. IC2 and RP2 are removed because they are redundant and they would've had to wait a month for them to update. That's all.

Of course you can't use Blutricity without RP2. RedPower is the only thing that produced or used Blutricity anyway. Also, you can easily store power with Redstone Energy Cells.

Let me be 100% clear here: IC2 is not going back in after it comes out. Period. We didn't pull it because we wanted to release quickly, we pulled it because we're done with it. To a certain extent, the same is true of RP2, although we'd probably still be running RP2 if Eloraam was developing timely releases. She doesn't though, and now we're done with RP2. It's not going back in.

Obviously, energy storage exists in the form of redstone energy cells. There are also a lot of great ways of producing power in mass: the two current favorites are nether-magmatics and MFR biofuel. I've been tempting the gods by using combustion engines at their full 10 MJ/t. I understand that people aren't happy with the generator selection right now, and we're taking a lot at some good BC-compatible mods that add generators for future releases, but this idea kicking around that IC2 is the only industrial mod worth using, or is even a particularly good industrial mod is insane. It's an archaic jalopy that a week from Monday will have gone 6 months without a single public release. Even GregT of GregTech is looking at changing power systems because it's pretty apparent at this point that IC2 is dead. We're not going to include it and very shortly no one else will either.

In terms of producing power en mass is there anything currently in the build that will enable the creation of a 2030 EU/t engine as my IC2 Ice-fed Nuclear Reactor does? I understand that that's overkill for alot of situations but its mighty easy having one small reactor room rather then multiple floors of combustion engines to produce even a fraction of that power.

P.S. - I understand that whatever power produced at this point wouldn't be EU/t but I'm too lazy to convert it to MJ/t.

So we are back to square 1 vanilla furnace. Manually inputting items here to there...

OUTSTANDING! This is totally what tekkit is for right?

First: TE does everything IC2 does, slower, and more resource cost to get around the same result.

Second: IC2 brought new tools like the Diamond Drill and Chainsaw that were great tools to get pre PowerTool stage.

Third: IC2 had REAL forms of power. Now we are stuck with rushing Tree farms and burning through stacks of Wood and Coal. And PRAYING no one steals the oil.

Also:

BC Is a pile of trash. Stacked on trash. Placed next to M Night Shalyman and Treyarch. The pipes have to be handheld to reach the correct destination and have to be timed properly as to not over send and cause an overflow. RP2 solved this problem because Pneumatic would send the flow back and lock the system until there was space.

In short:

TE Mechs needs buffs, BC needs to be removed already, and Minefactory Reloaded is gonna save hours on Coal Farming.

Look I don't hate TE COMPLETELY. I actually like how you don't need pipes, it solves space issues and overflow issues in BC. What I do hate is the long and slow process to get the resources. Basically, to get sand you need an Igneous extruder -> Pulverizor -> Induction Smelter. Which smelts into 2 ingots, and gives slag. Slag makes Rockwool.. Which looks.. useless..

So thats 3 process to get the result.

So we are back to square 1 vanilla furnace. Manually inputting items here to there...

OUTSTANDING! This is totally what tekkit is for right?

First: TE does everything IC2 does, slower, and more resource cost to get around the same result.

Second: IC2 brought new tools like the Diamond Drill and Chainsaw that were great tools to get pre PowerTool stage.

Third: IC2 had REAL forms of power. Now we are stuck with rushing Tree farms and burning through stacks of Wood and Coal. And PRAYING no one steals the oil.

Also:

BC Is a pile of trash. Stacked on trash. Placed next to M Night Shalyman and Treyarch. The pipes have to be handheld to reach the correct destination and have to be timed properly as to not over send and cause an overflow. RP2 solved this problem because Pneumatic would send the flow back and lock the system until there was space.

In short:

TE Mechs needs buffs, BC needs to be removed already, and Minefactory Reloaded is gonna save hours on Coal Farming.

Hahaha, then stick with Tekkit Lite or FtB Ultimate or whatever it is then you kids play these days. Look:

- Thermal expansion adds a powered furnace.

- TE machines aren't slower than the basic IC2 machines if you power them properly. There aren't advanced versions or overclockers, but regardless. They also don't cost stacks and stacks of iron, so I'm not sure where you go the impression that TE was significantly more expensive.

- The MPS Gauntlet is not as expensive as you're making it out to be. It works just fine in the same mid-game position as the diamond drill.

- Everyone rushing compact solars sucked and was boring, I wouldn't describe it as "real power".

- You know what other mods solves the problems with BC pipes? Thermal Expansion, with energy conduits and liquiducts, and redstone energy cells. And Applied Energistics with ME networks.

Look, if you're not willing to play any mods except the ones you're already playing, Tekkit Lite and Tekkit Classic and Feed the Beast Ultimate or whatever the hell old shit you were playing still exists. You can still play it. If you're not interested in trying new things, then just don't. But don't sit here and try to pretend that this Tekkit build doesn't have all the same features as the last Tekkit build. It does, and this is the direction Minecraft mods are going, unless you find a way to pull al blaka out of mothballs and clone Eloraam.

Yeah, IC2 was basically "Get compact solars and shit". You now have to actually utilize other mods. There's a reason why these mods are in a pack: They work okay individually, but they work great when put together.