Where the balls is IC2?

Kennu2

The main problem about solar panels is that they're completely passive. Even if you make them not very powerful, people will just spam millions of them.

Unless you make them hard to craft. IC² solar panels were easy to make (it just took lots of rubber).

And imo should they also be affected by what biome they are in (works better in Deserts and worse in Taigas).

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they could add the kind of solar panels that heat water into steam. That way additional infrastructure would be required and would therefore be less OP. Water -> [solar Array] -> Steam -> [Turbine]

I really hope if solar is reimplemented, they look to real life solar power, IE, most of the work is done by mirrors. This has a couple of forms, the notable ones being curved mirrors with oil tubes attached directly to them, where the mirrors heat the oil, which then flows to boil water, and the other being large amounts of mirrors surrounding a tower with oil at the top, which is once again heated and used to produce steam.

How would that work? I think it would be easier to just use water. :P

Maybe something like Factorization's?

Put in oil, it changes it to "heated oil," which would be a new liquid that would just have the same texture as normal oil, maybe a bit more orange in it, and then pipe the heated oil into a machine, preferably multiblock, that accepts both the heated oil and water to produce power. The water would need to be refilled, but the machine would output normal oil, ready to be heated again.

Put in oil, it changes it to "heated oil," which would be a new liquid that would just have the same texture as normal oil, maybe a bit more orange in it, and then pipe the heated oil into a machine, preferably multiblock, that accepts both the heated oil and water to produce power. The water would need to be refilled, but the machine would output normal oil, ready to be heated again.

Sounds good! If you want to go the whole 9 yards you could pipe the heated oil and water into a "heat exchanger" and get steam out, which would then be piped into a multiblock turbine.

Whoa whoa whoa, hot oil? Heat exchangers? Realism has its place, but too many moving parts make my head spin. A version of FZ's solar turbine and mirrors that produces MJ would suffice. I do like the scaling in biomes idea, though. I can see a massive mirror array in the desert next to my factory complex.

It's good to hear that so many positive aspects of the removed mods are accounted for. I'll still bull through Lite for the sake of completion and to familiarize myself, but once that series is done, bang, zoom, straight to the moon!