IC2 and more...

HeadZone

Ok i have been playing tekkit for some time now but IC2 has been a big part of it and it just gives it that feeling. i am all about the new tekkit but IC2 or at least universal electricity needs to be added i mean isn't tekkit about machinery and everything? i'm not trying to be a hater or any thing but for the people who are going to tell me to make my own or go to classic or light is that i am an old tekkit player and i was really waiting for this so please just re-add IC2 when it is 1.5.2 what bad can it cause, and to all those haters out there THIS IS MY OPINION, so no need to spam this with comment filled with crap.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Lemming, TE is a brilliant and essential mod. I make extensive use of it. TE machines come in VERY handy with Applied Energistics ME systems, and where would we all be without tesseracts, conduits, liquiducts, energy cells, and igneous extruders? The best GUI in the business. I love TE.

Now, you are likely working on new code presently, so I won't make the same suggestion that you have surely heard a thousand times already... *cough* tier two/three machines *cough* (LOL, sorry, couldn't resist). An "advanced machines addon" type of thing for TE machines.

i fully agree Thermal expansion adds some amazing things to minecraft. Unfortunately it is quite evident that it isn't replacing IC2 when we have Modular Powersuits but no way to charge them without IC2...unless I missed something, there is alot to go thru with the mods.

I also used primarily RP2 and IC2 due to the fact that I hate buildcraft...(with a vengeance) So... what mods are replacing RP2's sorting and inventory management and tube system?

Applied Energetics? Buildcraft if you would get over it?

Applied Energetics? Buildcraft if you would get over it?

Yeah, I was just looking at AE, but it looks like the only power generation system in tekkit now is buildcraft... Is there a way to go about generating power without resorting to buildcraft?

EDIT: wait... this means no nuclear reactors in the new version either...

Yes. Use steam and magmatic engines.

Those may have been added by TE, but they are still buildcraft engines...

The lack of a high energy reactor, be it nuclear or fusion or another type of advanced power generation makes this new tekkit a pointless update IMHO...

Those may have been added by TE, but they are still buildcraft engines...

The lack of a high energy reactor, be it nuclear or fusion or another type of advanced power generation makes this new tekkit a pointless update IMHO...

No it doesn't. They removed IC2. What do you actually need a "high energy reactor" for anymore?

No it doesn't. They removed IC2. What do you actually need a "high energy reactor" for anymore?

Because designing and building the reactor and associated powerplant was one of my favorite parts, and if you are going to have space travel, you really should need lots of power do it...

Well, now you can design and build a power plant with engines. I recommend using magmatic engines with magma crucibles using excess energy to convert netherrack into lava to be pumped into the engines, that can look pretty nice (better than a reactor, at least).

Making huge storage tanks full of glowing lava, awesome looking animated engines and glistening red cables connecting everything, going into a huge array of Energy Cells seems pretty awesome to me.

Or just put it underground. It makes a nice area for an underground base, and the effects are invisible from above.

And said area could also be used to house your powerplant. Massive V12 engine blocks EVERYWHERE.

I can't think of anything at the moment that duplicates the function of a miner, but what you could do is stick a quarry in a Mystcraft dense ores age.

Which is usually unstable, and you probably couldnt leave it running without supervision lest part of it, or your chest, drop out of the world...

Do you know how to make a dense ores age stable?

Or just put it underground. It makes a nice area for an underground base, and the effects are invisible from above.

This requires you to excavate that area first to put the quarry instead of being able to set it up simply, and leave it to run. Assume that I am unwilling to spend the set up time on that.

There are symbols used to add stability, those being: Charged (lightning strikes occur regardless of any weather patterns), Meteors (meteors fall from the sky), Scorched Surface (exposure to sunlight catches you on fire), and Spontaneous Explosions (random explosions will occur around the age).

Charged and Scorched Surface would probably be the least likely to result in your quarry/chest/etc inadvertently being destroyed.

This requires you to excavate that area first to put the quarry instead of being able to set it up simply, and leave it to run. Assume that I am unwilling to spend the set up time on that.

No it doesn't. Just place it down underground, power it, and it'll clear the space itself.

actually IC2 is available with the launcher in the link maybe you guys could add it

http://mvc.craften.de/

its in one of the mod options

An official build of IC² is not available for Minecraft 1.5.x.

If you'd use that, it'd simply mean going back to 1.4.7, which is kinda opposite of what this new version of Tekkit is about.