IC2 and more...

HeadZone

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not an official build of IndustrialCraft 2 for 1.5.1.

There has not been an official build of IndustrialCraft 2 since 1.4.5.

Then in that case it is a dev build but still worthy to be on tekkit. I am using a sort of modified version of tekkit and I have not found any bugs.

Not true apparently the luancher has an exclusive version of IC2 for 1.5 i happen to be using it. Btw next time do some research before you post

I did do my research.

Dev build =/= Official build.

Exclusive build =/= Official build.

Next time, do your research before posting to tell somebody to do their research.

Anyway, ICĀ² is outdated, and most of it can be done better with Thermal Expansion. The only things you'll miss are power generation (irrelevant, because the power generation was only there to power the incredibly hungry ICĀ² machines) and perhaps crops.

I did do my research.

Dev build =/= Official build.

Exclusive build =/= Official build.

Next time, do your research before posting to tell somebody to do their research.

Anyway, ICĀ² is outdated, and most of it can be done better with Thermal Expansion. The only things you'll miss are power generation (irrelevant, because the power generation was only there to power the incredibly hungry ICĀ² machines) and perhaps crops.

Okay you win, I actually thought it was official build tell a few seconds ago.

Nuclear reactors are fun to build, but really they serve no purpose other than supporting other high end IC2 stuff. If you want a nuclear reactor get atomic science from universal electricity. It has fun reactors to build.

Which is usually unstable, and you probably couldnt leave it running without supervision lest part of it, or your chest, drop out of the world...

Do you know how to make a dense ores age stable?

This requires you to excavate that area first to put the quarry instead of being able to set it up simply, and leave it to run. Assume that I am unwilling to spend the set up time on that.

You do realize a quarry clears out the area for its frame first right? The only clearing you would need to do would be digging to 3 corners of it to place land marks if you wanted a larger area done without moving it.

What are you missing from IC2? Pretty much everything that went "missing" from IC2 is done better by the mods we currently have or aren't actually necessary when IC2 isn't present.

Honestly, early buildcraft power makes most people miss ic2/rp/EVERYTHING across the board, yay the most miserable babysitting power scheme ever made with exploding machines and pipes. Mid/late game TE, redstone conduits, and energy cells make it useable power wise, but that doesn't help early on. Honestly, this version of tekkit is a bit of a let down-- but not one i can really fault the tekkit team with entirely. There is no stable version of IC2, there is no RP2, no railcraft/xycraft (tanks), the additions of AE, MFR, and TE are big assets but the game still feels light compared to the classic tekkit which was just mind numbingly insane and versatile. Tekkit to me always felt like the king of fun mods because of its versatility... and it just feel like we're being pigeonholed into doing it JUST THIS ONE WAY for every specific task. I think a lot of people are missing the versatility of tekkit classic when it comes right down to it. Hell, just think back to how many methods of mining there were in tekkit classic... people miss having a mod that lets them play their way while letting their friends play a different way without restriction and still being able to play together... I played tekkit classic longer than any other mod or even vanilla minecraft itself. It was really an amazing piece of work.

As far as ic2 goes... people miss it because it was comprehensive. It could stand alone without other mods and be complete. Buildcraft even after all this time STILL doesn't feel that way. The power feels half ass at best without RECs (conduit and cells). *shrug*

All said and done though, I think people are missing the versatility.

As far as I am aware the majority of the engines and pipes do not explode. IIRC it is just the combustion engine that explodes, and only if you forget to water it. Early on a couple of magmatic engines are plenty of power, their fuel is practically free once you get into the nether, and they don't explode. The only early power problem is no storage till energy cells, but without IC2 you don't need absurd amounts of power.

But yes, having only one tech tree to follow is a bit confining.

The only thing I wish Thermal Expansion had is an infinite power type of thing for creative players. I'm not exactly fond of placing fifteen full RECs and replacing each of them every ~hour.

Engines are great, but you have to set them up and they don't work infinitely. There's no place-and-forget power source.

The biggest thing we are missing it Solar power. It was your easy simple, and fastest way to get energy almost from the start. Good news is, the Devs of Tekkit are aware and currently working on another mod to add something like this back. Until then, we will just have to deal with what we got and wait it out.

As far as I am aware the majority of the engines and pipes do not explode. IIRC it is just the combustion engine that explodes, and only if you forget to water it. Early on a couple of magmatic engines are plenty of power, their fuel is practically free once you get into the nether, and they don't explode. The only early power problem is no storage till energy cells, but without IC2 you don't need absurd amounts of power.

But yes, having only one tech tree to follow is a bit confining.

Buildcraft conductive pipes explode if they receive to much power (and it doesn't take more than a sterling to do it if there is no dump on the far end). Buildcraft pipes (kinda) explode if they get to many items (it's semi bugged last i tested it, explosion graphic, sound (both repeating endlessly), but pipe didn't actually explode... lag was worse than a quarry dump though.)

So, loaded new tekkit and got 5 mates to jump in...we've made houses and are struggling to find a decent un-babysat power situation. No geothermal generators, no railcraft hobbyests steam engine... confused and kinda bored tbh.

The steam engines I had exploded (I'm use to using the railcraft hobbiests engines with an aqueous accumulator ((as per direwolf20's videos show))).

The stirling engines I had also exploded (I dumped a load of ores in my hopper, stuck 2 engines next to eachother with 1 bucket of lava each, went mining - came back and it was all ka-boom... Whats the point of this kind of power if i need to babysit it).

Sure magmatic engines are kinda ok - but requires fucking about in the nether for hours on end to get working properly (and enderman farming)

Don't attach engines to eachother - that's how they explode. Attach the engines to conductive pipes (Make sure the machine can use all that you're giving it though - if the power can't go in it'll sit in the conductive pipe and eventually blow it up), or the safer option, connect them directly to the machine. NEVER connect them to eachother, even redstone engines will blow up from that.

Engine 1 > Wooden conductive pipe > golden conductive pipes > Pulverizer + Powered Furnace

Engine 2 > Wooden conductive pipe > Joined above network.

I can't just have 1 engine..it's producing what 1 energy per tick....Whats the point of that? My farts produce more energy.

Ok - So, lets start on some magmatic power...for that we'll need the nether....and for that early game that means jetpack or flying ring (lol).... Oh. neither are here...so thats that chalked off for now...ummmmm

Why does that require flying? Use a bucket...

Or if you're feeling lazy, a pump with a tank on top will allow you to just refill from the tank. You shouldn't need more than redstone engines to power that.

The aim is to make is automatic so you dont have to keep going back there to manually fill it up. So, using one of the giant lakes as an 'infinite' lava supply, pumps, pipes, ender chests, etcetc. Standard setup.

You said to start out, so I told you how to do it starting out. Feel free to make a huge pumping station straight away, if you have the resources nothing's stopping you. I'd recommend Tesseracts or Ender Tanks instead of Ender Chests, since that's easier. Also, how does making a pumping station involve flying? I've never needed to fly to make one before.