Engines not working...

medicbrian

For the past few hours any type of engine(i.e. redstone, stirling, combustion) will not function. They will not turn on in creative or any other mode. I have deleted and reinstalled with no luck, is anyone else having this issue?

Attach a redstone energy storage cube thingamabob to your power network. If the engines suddenly start working again, you simply had excess power in the system so the engines shut down. If the engines don't start and the cub is not powering up then check for breaks in your wiring.

I am having the same problem. The engine is connected to something and it has a redstone torch next to it. It is a redstone engine. I have connected it to a liquid transposer and a pulverizer and even put items on both and the engine won't activate.

Indeed, exact same problem. Engines rotate to face something that can take in power and only run when they have somewhere to send the power. A single engine away from all uses of energy will do nothing. Engines are smart.

Oh, redstone engines. Thats why. They produce so little power that the engine will often just give up and not even try. You need to attach a real engine to those machines. Pretty much anything but a redstone engine should work just fine.

Tip: Use a steam engine. It provides more than enough power for a single pulverization.

Tip 2: Personally I wouldn't recommend you even use redstone engines at all, except for I guess very low-power operations.

It is near identical to IC2, with the exception that there is a free power redstone engine at the very bottom level for powering wooden pipes. People seem to be confused and assume the RS engine is a real engine, but it isn't. It would be better if they labeled it "mini-engine" or something like that to avoid confusion.

Old tutorial. since then redstone engines have been nerfed. People were just making massive arrays of them for free infinite power. Now they don't send power into pipes properly or power machines. You need a real engine to power machines.