Luke’s (Hopefully) comprehensive modpack making guide.

lukeb28

MultiMC is a third party launcher which lets you create and install mods on different instances (separate copies) of Minecraft. MCF Thread

In the coremods folder, of course, if that's what they were for 1.5.

EDIT: Ninjad.

And also-

!!!!!!

Ermm...

*Types*

*Poof!*

I don't know what your talking about?

If you want to have maps in the pack, then you just add the saves folder with all the others when archiving. If you are trying to make a vanilla pack with just your maps then you only archive the saves folder and share it the same way, no need for the mods, coremods, etc.

You need to have code chicken core and NEI in the core mods plus the NotEnoughItems file in your mods folder.

Everything Dwwojcik said is spot on. Thanks for that!

I have to have 2 of the NEI files in 2 different folders?

dwwojcik says they just both go in the coremods folder, so I dunno what to think.

ok so I have followed the rules to the letter and I get my mod pack to the laucher and I hit the login button and it starts extracting files and then I get a error message saying

error unzipping file for the following mudpack: the miners3 modpack

error unzipping file: C:\users\kingjareth13\AppData\Roaming\.technic\the-miners3-modpack\cache\the-miners3-modpack-1.0.zip

so I go to the location it says to see what happened and It says it is in a unknow format or it is damaged

do you know what I did wrong

ok so I have followed the rules to the letter and I get my mod pack to the laucher and I hit the login button and it starts extracting files and then I get a error message saying

error unzipping file: C:\users\kingjareth13\AppData\Roaming\.technic\the-miners3-modpack\cache\the-miners3-modpack-1.0.zip

so I go to the location it says to see what happened and It says it is in a unknow format or it is damaged

no

I've got it now!

Thank you both so much!! Sorry I'm being such a noob...

Its alright all of us are entitled to one nooby mistake in our lives...

Normally that means it was archived in a .rar format. I'd double check that. If that's not the problem then I would double check the direct link. If that's fine, then I imagine you forgot a folder or miss named one like naming "configs" "config" or "mods" "mod". If it's none of those, post the link and I'll take a look at it myself.

Normally that means it was archived in a .rar format. I'd double check that. If that's not the problem then I would double check the direct link. If that's fine, then I imagine you forgot a folder or miss named one like naming "configs" "config" or "mods" "mod". If it's none of those, post the link and I'll take a look at it myself.

I cant find aproblem with the format and the names are correct (also should it be config or configs) but I don't know how to check the direct link

Theres the problem! It's not a direct download link! If it was going to that would have started a download but it brought me to a page where I had to press a button to download it. You need the direct download link.

To do that, click on the file (In this case your modpack) so that it is highlighted. Then at the top there will be a new tool bar. At the far left of that you will see "Copy public link". Click that and use the URL it gives you.

Theres the problem! It's not a direct download link! If it was going to that would have started a download but it brought me to a page where I had to press a button to download it. You need the direct download link.

To do that, click on the file (In this case your modpack) so that it is highlighted. Then at the top there will be a new tool bar. At the far left of that you will see "Copy public link". Click that and use the URL it gives you.

ok I click on the file and it pulls up the tool bar but I don't seea copy public link I just see share link