Luke’s (Hopefully) comprehensive modpack making guide.

lukeb28

I followed the steps but when it came to the part where you need to extract forge to the bin folder, then compress it, naming it modpack.jar and compressing the files, it's a WinRAR archive file, I changed the file extensions but still doesn't show up as .zip or .jar Help please?

The section for LiteLoader doesn't seem relevant, at least not when using Forge on version 1.6.4. If you install forge and then add the liteloader files extracted from the installer it crashes the launcher before the game can even start up :(

I am re-writing the section on Liteloader since I wrote it in the first place; as long as luke makes it clear in the OP that the previous instructions were for 1.5.2 and lower.

Gotcha, after messing around with it for a while, I assumed it was probably accurate for 1.5.2.

So wait does this mean there's a way to get it working for 1.6.4 with Forge and the Technic Launcher Platform? I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

There probably is; if I remember correctly I had to smash Liteloader into my files for 1.5.2 as well. I think its because the new way the Technic Launcher handles files that causes the issues. I'm working on it :D

Oh excellent! So glad someone who knows better is looking into it haha I'm really hoping it's doable since the Platform is so damned useful and liteloader is so indispensable for my modpack! :D

I also love a few litemods thrown in....everything becomes so much prettier with them :D

Although, some Voxel mods now support Forge, so there's an idea.

Yeah Voxel mods are nice but I'm mostly trying to use Liteloader for the Macro Keybind mod for my server, it's ridiculously important and there's absolutely no other mod that does what it does apparently. It's very frustrating to be unable to use it with this launcher, since it kills a lot of important features for me. It really bums me out that the liteloader author changed how it installs for some reason.

So I tried the manual installation option listed in the Liteloader thread. It involves adding some classes to the version.json file to get the launcher to download what it needs to get liteloader working. Unfortunately, it seems like the Technic launcher likes to download or overwrite this file instead of using whatever one is included in the bin folder. Not really sure what else to do here, this is driving me bananas.

Edit: seems like the version file has to be in the version folder but Technic doesn't utilize this so....uhhhh...ANNOYING.

• 2 weeks later...

Try putting the version.json inside the modpack.jar. According to CanVox, the launcher attempts to extract the version.json from inside the modpack.jar. If it fails, then it overwrites the version.json. I'm not 100% sure it will work, but try anyway.

Ah! Perfect, that seems to work. Thank you very much for your help :)

Try putting the version.json inside the modpack.jar. According to CanVox, the launcher attempts to extract the version.json from inside the modpack.jar. If it fails, then it overwrites the version.json. I'm not 100% sure it will work, but try anyway.

I hadn't even thought to check the Forge files for a version.json that would be overwriting! That's brilliant! I, too, can confirm that this method works! Thanks a bunch Scarecrow!

when i try to install mekanism from voltz, "Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minectaft installation The mods and versions listed below could not be found numina : any

The file 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log' contains more information" Help?

tell me how to add a spoiler and i will post the log

How about 1.6?

As far as I can tell from the last Modpack I made, the only thing that has changed is the lack of need for a coremods folder. Everything else is still the same.

Doesn't work for me, like everything else on this cum-puter. I F*cking hate it.

At this time, I have like 14 modpack folders in my resycle bin that I attempted to make.

The relevance of your post eludes me, please describe better what your problem is.

Okay so i am getting a error where it cant open the zip properly even though it downloads it . please help me .
You may have saved the file as a .rar in stead of a .zip. make sure you have the compression set correctly or it will not work.