Efficient Power - Early Game

Teffan

Mystcraft is just too time intensive to be worth it. All you really need is a flat desert world to maximize line of sight, then march in a straight line across it, looting every library you see. Pretty simple, and will get you all the symbols, but takes ages to do.

Mystcraft is just too time intensive to be worth it. All you really need is a flat desert world to maximize line of sight, then march in a straight line across it, looting every library you see. Pretty simple, and will get you all the symbols, but takes ages to do.

Heh, ages

In all seriousness, the concept of 10.X is good, but it needs refining.

It really just needs a less cumbersome system for organizing pages. If i have to spend an hour or more fiddling around with notebooks to get the right pages in the right place, that's just too much. Mystcraft is almost a mini-game, except sorting pages is no fun.

It really just needs a less cumbersome system for organizing pages. If i have to spend an hour or more fiddling around with notebooks to get the right pages in the right place, that's just too much. Mystcraft is almost a mini-game, except sorting pages is no fun.

I dont see where your problem is. There isnt much to sort unless you add a lot of modifiers and even that can be handeld quite easy if you dont try to sort in the binder or the writingdesk. Right now you have a quite powerfull tool to write dimensions. Making it easier would either require to have less options or a multitude of pages making ist impossible to find the ones you want.

Writing this post was more fiddlesome than writing a stable age - ok, maybe that's behause I'm writing on an iPad that's trying to autocorrect every word I type to a German word it thought i tried to type ;D

Didn't say easier. A less cumbersome method. If I just want a stable age, that is easy. If i want every single possible option to build custom ages for very specific functions, then its a colossal pain. Making it hard by making the controls hard is not good.

You can:

- place up to 25 different note books on the left side of the writing desk so it quite easy to sort the pages by type into different slots.

- use the middle mouse button click to to sort aplhabetically within a notebook.

- place a note book in the empty slot on the right of the writing desk to place new pages made by righclicking them on the left side automatically in it.

(only thing anyoing here is that you can drag and drop existing pages from the left to the right)

- take a note book an right click with it to get a chest-like interface allowing you to order your pages

- take a filled note book and left klick the space in the binder where the pages go to place the pages inside in exactly the same order in the binder.

The only thing I miss is that there should be more tooltips and they should be a bit more descriptive (like what modifiers a page accepts or what type this page is).

I am aware of all that. If you collect a lot of pages at once, and what to pick out all the duplicates and get them sorted it is still a pain.

The sorting after type realy is a pain but it helps to save time later so i don't mind that but i guess thats question of opinion ;-)

As for the duplicates, I don't care about those while sorting, i just put them in and use them up whenever I need them - takes less time as going trough all books looking if I already got that one.