Trouble with Voltz and Plugins, please help :)

Hello all :D

I had a bright idea one day that i wanted to have my own server! Well i have my server, hosted by nitrous networks and all is well and fine and dandy. However i can't seem to get plugins to work, orginally it was in my head to open the server to the world but I dont want to do that until I can protect people's things and stop over the top griefing and raiding etc!

Basically i have no understanding of how the plugins work to be honest! I know i have to have bukkitforge to run them, and my understanding is that its something about the way the modpack is put together which stops me using normal bukkit and stuff :S The plugins i want to use to start off with are just factions, worldedit and shopkeepers but i cant get them to load up. I once had some success and got the plugins on the server but i couldnt use any of the commands despite being an admin :S

Thank you in advance!

Thanks! Is that a plugin? How do i use that to set up permissions once it's installed? I have breifly looked at setting up permissions and its all a bit confusing for my capabilities at the minute! I'm sure I'll learn but at the minute i need leading by the hand pretty much! lol

That would be cool once i've got it working if you wouldnt mind! Only thing is I only have factions on it at the minute as it is the only one I've been able to get to work as im not entirerly sure what plugins are compatible with ForgeBukkit :) But if you'd be able to show me through it so i'd be able to do it too that would be great :D

Well now something very odd has happened on my server! i went on to my server panel to install what you suggested and when i looked at my plugins i had loads of plugins installed.....bizzare! So i now have permissionEx, chatmanager and modifyworld installed on my server..... Aswell as factions, none of which i know how to use except for the Factions! haha! But they are all working and are in green writing when i type in /plugins

I dont know what that is so i dont think so :/ Im using the Voltz 1.1.4 server pack from the technic pack, with bukkitforge installed for using plugins, the plugins i have on are factions, chat manager, modify world and permissionsex, they were installed when i went back to the server, which was ood, Should i install that one that you told me instead? Or would i not be able to do that now that permissionsex is installed on there?