Is Tekkit Lite still being developed on?

Hello, my modpack runs off the core of Tekkit Lite i have just added some extra mods like Extra Bee's, Forestry and Thaumcraft. I was going to manually update all of the Tekkit Lite mods but there is no point if Tekkit Lite is still being updated. Is Tekkit Lite still being developed on?

I got a good one, "Tekkit"

It's got a good build-up of name recognition behind it and is the only incarnation of the technic family currently being updated and supported. Just like Coke and Pepsi!

Ripped this from another post but looks like out of the Tekkit packs, only Tekkit is being updated so 0.6.5 is the final lite until further notice

I can't be the only one who bothered to read this.

Specifically: "Tekkit Lite 0.6.5, the final Tekkit Lite update for 1.4.7"

Not saying anything officially, I'm just a mod. But I consulted a magic 8-ball 5 times. The first 4 said "Don't count on it", the 5th said "Seriously, stop asking".

Tekkit team is ridiculous. So now we have to switch our servers again, propably crash maps due to mod incompatibility, to "old" tekkit to be able to have actual mc versions again???? and in a few months they decide to make another pack, shit on the regular tekkit again and name it "tekkit ultra" or whatever. Until a lot of people switched again ... and then they decide to go back and update an older pack again. What a crap.

Tekkit team is ridiculous. So now we have to switch our servers again, propably crash maps due to mod incompatibility, to "old" tekkit to be able to have actual mc versions again???? and in a few months they decide to make another pack, shit on the regular tekkit again and name it "tekkit ultra" or whatever. Until a lot of people switched again ... and then they decide to go back and update an older pack again. What a crap.

You're not entitled to anything. You should be glad they're doing all this work, for free even.

They haven't gone back to the "old" Tekkit at all. Just because it has the same name doesn't mean the content is the same.

Tekkit Classic and Tekkit Lite are still there, if you want them.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression, so if you aren't entitled to anything, bad for you, i am.

If they make a nice product or introduce something new, but keep supporting it, well, i will be the first buying it.

Where is the sense in creating a new pack, advice it as the holy glory grail, a lot of people switch over too it, wipe the maps or whatever and then drop the support? That just sux. So now what? Go back to regular Tekkit again? Then they should have stated at the beginning "This is just a test. This won't be supported for a long time" or something.

"we give a fuck about what you think attidude, don't dare to criticize us" has never worked for a long time. (beside korea)

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression, so if you aren't entitled to anything, bad for you, i am.

If they make a nice product or introduce something new, but keep supporting it, well, i will be the first buying it.

Where is the sense in creating a new pack, advice it as the holy glory grail, a lot of people switch over too it, wipe the maps or whatever and then drop the support? That just sux. So now what? Go back to regular Tekkit again? Then they should have stated at the beginning "This is just a test. This won't be supported for a long time" or something.

"we give a fuck about what you think attidude, don't dare to criticize us" has never worked for a long time. (beside korea)

You aren't buying anything. Get bent.

Are you seriously too stupid to bring some arguments? How old are you 12 and aren't able to discuss?

You ignoring all arguments =/= Us not giving any arguments.

You're not buying anything. You have no right to complain over something that's completely FREE. Would you rather have them not update anything at all, ever again?

Where am i ignoring arguments? I never saw one single argument or reason, why tekkit lite is not going to be supported anymore. Also i only did "complain" about the way, that it would be crap to stop it "directly" after it has been launched. With no single word i said that the work they do is bullshit or anything. I like it and i am glad they put all the stuff together.

Just because something is free, doesn't meen you are not allowed to express criticism. I mean i didn't flame like a little kid throwing bad words at the devs or anything, i just said, it is bad if we server owners now would have to see where we end up, possibly having to change the mod pack again, losing mods/maps/player whatever.

Well if they decide to stop, what is their good right at any point, we would have to move on, wouldn't we?

My server skipped tekkit lite. We went right from tekkit classic to a custom pack and now I'm glad we did.

As for you Mr.Soul,

Niavmai have you a great argument: ITS FREE! You and I are not paying a penny nickle for an amazing modded experience. The devs here have dedicate large portions of their time for you and everyone else to have a great experience with the best mods out there hassle free. You should be grateful they even made tekkit lite as it is a huge accumulation of mods that we can base amazing packs on. So as said before, Get Bent.

Edit for da ninja: Why should they have to cater to you when you are doing nothing for them?

Where am i ignoring arguments? I never saw one single argument or reason, why tekkit lite is not going to be supported anymore. Also i only did "complain" about the way, that it would be crap to stop it "directly" after it has been launched. With no single word i said that the work they do is bullshit or anything. I like it and i am glad they put all the stuff together.

Just because something is free, doesn't meen you are not allowed to express criticism. I mean i didn't flame like a little kid throwing bad words at the devs or anything, i just said, it is bad if we server owners now would have to see where we end up, possibly having to change the mod pack again, losing mods/maps/player whatever.

Well if they decide to stop, what is their good right at any point, we would have to move on, wouldn't we?

What difference would it make if they still supported Tekkit Lite? If they updated Tekkit Lite to 1.5.2, IC2 and RP2 would still be gone because there's no official release of either yet.

My server skipped tekkit lite. We went right from tekkit classic to a custom pack and now I'm glad we did.

As for you Mr.Soul,

Niavmai have you a great argument: ITS FREE! You and I are not paying a penny nickle for an amazing modded experience. The devs here have dedicate large portions of their time for you and everyone else to have a great experience with the best mods out there hassle free. You should be grateful they even made tekkit lite as it is a huge accumulation of mods that we can base amazing packs on. So as said before, Get Bent.

Edit for da ninja: Why should they have to cater to you when you are doing nothing for them?

It is pretty simple. If they decide to do everything completely for free, it is their decision. No one forced them to a) do it B) do it for free. So there is no "you are doing nothing for us" as they could have decided to charge for it/set anything as a requirement or whatever, but they did not.

So what is the point what we users do for them? We spread their work, we make it popular. Due to our feedback they get motivation to continue. If no one would use it, why continue with something? Without a big user base, something that is free to use, is just nothing.

Best example Linux. There has always been contact with the end users, ratings/votings/feedback to improve the product. Would have linux been succesful if they would have said "you don't do anything for us, so you are not entitled to anything? haha sure not.

Again, don't get me wrong, i am neither complaining about tekkit lite nor demanding a new version or anything. All i don't understand or i would like to understand is, why (if it is even true) they now drop tekkit lite again, which, and that is what i am saying all the time, is bad, as a lot of people previously had to drop maps/mods/players whatever to change to it.

Again, don't get me wrong, i am neither complaining about tekkit lite nor demanding a new version or anything. All i don't understand or i would like to understand is, why (if it is even true) they now drop tekkit lite again, which, and that is what i am saying all the time, is bad, as a lot of people previously had to drop maps/mods/players whatever to change to it.

Well, why not drop Tekkit Lite? If they continued with Tekkit Lite, it would be the exact same thing as current Tekkit, without IC2 and RP2 and all, it would just still be called "Tekkit Lite". You're making a fuss over labels. Honestly.

It is pretty simple. If they decide to do everything completely for free, it is their decision. No one forced them to a) do it B) do it for free. So there is no "you are doing nothing for us" as they could have decided to charge for it/set anything as a requirement or whatever, but they did not.

So what is the point what we users do for them? We spread their work, we make it popular. Due to our feedback they get motivation to continue. If no one would use it, why continue with something? Without a big user base, something that is free to use, is just nothing.

Best example Linux. There has always been contact with the end users, ratings/votings/feedback to improve the product. Would have linux been succesful if they would have said "you don't do anything for us, so you are not entitled to anything? haha sure not.

You seem to think that it was originally made to be distributed. You keep showing us why you're an idiot, and still have yet to get bent. Please just leave.

@DaSoul

Support for Lite has not been dropped, the bug boards are still there, I mean hell the CLASSIC bug boards are still there because it's 1.2.5 and THAT is still supported, these are just not actively developed because rather than take the Lite players and say

"Here guys, completely new mod set, we're just going to push this as recommended and make it REALLY hard for anyone that just selects and pack and logs in without a second thought to join you BECAUSE WE CAN"

They took a different direction in a separate pack

I think this fellow is missing one point, one of which no one has really emphasized except for calling him an idiot. He's not really an idiot, he just doesn't understand. There IS a difference. And I know, by saying these words and posting here that I will be reminded why I don't post on any Minecraft public forum.

The reason why Tekkit Lite has "stopped updating" is simply because IC2 and RP2 (two of the core mods in Tekkit Classic and Lite) have not been updated. Keep in mind that Tekkit Classic, Lite and the new Tekkit are mod packs that are "officially supported" by one entity (the Technic Team) instead of an individual that threw a modpack together and sent it to his/her friends. If a mod in the pack doesn't update, it's difficult for the entire modpack to update. The Technic Team is at the mercy of the mod creators for updates. If a core mod stops updating (such as RP2) or becomes obsolete and kinda pointless (IC2) then the pack cannot update.

Thus why we have the new Tekkit. It includes mods that have been updated to support vanilla 1.5.1. NO ONE has said that Tekkit Lite has stopped updating. If it does, you STILL have the entire pack on your PC. Take it, and when RP2 and IC2 are updated and stable, then throw those into your own custom modpack and release them (like so many have done).

Jmanfffreak is right really - you're taking something good the Technic team has done for you and putting it in a bad light. You worry about worlds and save games being lost? They would be almost completely destroyed by removing some of the core mods of Tekkit Lite. Instead of ruining your worlds by forcing a destructive update on you, they've given you the option to stay with what you had. Is that really so bad?