Industrial craft?

Cr4zy_M0nk3y

I'm hoping that I have been reading forums wrong. But does industrial craft no longer work for tekkit? I've tried installing industrial craft 2. Is there anyway to get it to run on my server? That, or is there a similar mod that includes things such as the macerator?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Magister -- Cerevox, when you're posting that again, please state that it hasn't been 'OFFICIALLY' updated. There are plenty of 1.5+ updates made by the community.

But do note, they are very buggy. Lots of bugs, lots of crashes, mod author gone. IC2 is dead, use Thermal Expansion instead, it has some similar things with IC2 (like a macerator "pulverizor" and powered furnace, etc) but is IMO way cooler.

Thanks guy! Can Thermal Expansion turn that dust into 2 ingots? I basically want to do the 1 ore into 2 ingots method like IC had.

Yup, use the pulverizor to pulverize an ore into 2 dusts and them smelt them.

Thanks guy! Can Thermal Expansion turn that dust into 2 ingots? I basically want to do the 1 ore into 2 ingots method like IC had.

A pulverizer will produce 2 dusts for every ore you place in there. Also it has a small chance of producing a 'bonus' dust. For example, an iron ore will always produce 2 iron dusts but there's also something like a 10% chance that you will also get a ferrous ore dust.

Also the induction smelter will automatically produce 2 ingots from any ore, but if you supply it with rich slag you'll get a third ingot. NEI has all the information on what produces what in the induction smelter.

i wouldnt say ic2 is dead, it is just being updated by another person at the moment, many mods have gone that way, been passed off and kept living and being used and the original dev may show back up eventually and take it back up which has also happened with a few mods. also ic2 is required for gregtech which is a decently fun mod once you get into it and from what i have seen greg may be involved in helping maintain ic2

You wouldn't say their dead yet they havent come out with an official release since like 1.47? Wasn't that like 6 months ago?

Edit: 1.45, was 6 months ago though. You can understand how that would be frustrating for people who are trying to maintain an up to date modpack when they have to spend so much extra time making IC2 compatible.

the frustration would all depend upon the amount of time and work they have to put into updating, but for some mod makers like greg whos mod function almost completly with just ic2 it is in the best interests to maintain it, and there may have no been an official release on the forums but the updates are being kicked out very regularly

i wouldnt say ic2 is dead, it is just being updated by another person at the moment, many mods have gone that way, been passed off and kept living and being used and the original dev may show back up eventually and take it back up which has also happened with a few mods. also ic2 is required for gregtech which is a decently fun mod once you get into it and from what i have seen greg may be involved in helping maintain ic2

Pretty sure even GregTech is moving away from IC2. It's also been fucking around with ThaumCraft and Thermal Expansion. Also nearly XyCraft until a 3-hour long flamewar erupted between the author and GregT, which suddenly stopped as quickly as it began.

greg already added upgrades for all his machines to make the function off mj so that has already been done, but greg gets his hands into anything he can it would seem, and the blowing up options can be disabled in configs, i would suggest the water and rain causing machines to be destroyed being disabled as that is just problematic. greg just likes things to blow up

Gregtech is horrible. No need to bring it up, we can just pretend it doesn't exist. And IC2 was not officially passed off to anyone else as far as I know, so IC2, the real thing, has not been updated. Other modders made it "work" with 1.5+ but poorly. I suppose you could say IC2 has gotten forked all over and some of those are updating, but IC2 itself is not. It may just be semantics but it is correct to say that IC2 has not updated in 6 months.

Gregtech is horrible.

The recipe-crippling was horrible, but some of the higher-tier things it brought were quite interesting. For instance, the item equivalent to a tessaract but with built-in super energy storage, or the fusion reactor with new fourth-tier wiring, or the multiblock battery, or the lightning rod... It wasn't necessarily worth it to install, but there were some good ideas there.

I appreciate all of the responses guys. I'm just having troubles finding any up to date guides on TE. I finally figured out how to run a pulverizer. But I believe its overheating. Also, when I click on the help box on a machine, such as the pulverizer. I have the "save 1-9" in the way. And the search tools on the other side for configurations. How would I rid those?

1 last question. I've been trying to find some other mods for tekkit. I love what there is now. But I would like more mobs/animals and maybe flying? All the mods I find are for older versions. Again, I appreciate all the help. I've tried researching most of this and not finding my answers.