Industrial craft?

Cr4zy_M0nk3y

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the same concept as Forestry bees really. Minigames like that are quite fun, especially when it gives you something specific to do with a huge number of possibilities.

What part of bees is fun?

The randomness, chance and stuff.I also just generally enjoy seeing what comes out, and how I can improve it.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody else does.

Personally, bees don't interest me much, but one of the guys I'm playing with on a server I host *loves* it. He's all into the tree-breeding thing and all the rest. *shrug* It makes him happy. It's fun for him. Who's to argue with that? I spend my time providing automation assistance when he asks and building huge mega-things the rest of them time (built a fully automated farm with every crop in the game on a previous run through, now I'm building my first large-scale sky scraper). And I have to admit: the hybrid trees are pretty cool. I decorated a small arboretum in the scraper with 'em.

Honestly, after getting used to TE (though I'd already used it a bit) the ONLY thing I really miss about IC2 is...the sounds of the machines.

Seriously, I thought the macerators and everything was kind of soothing, as long as you didn't upgrade it to obscene values. Except the Geothermal generators...I usually had three our four banks of nine of those and the sound of them turning off and on constantly drove me so crazy I had to bury them in a "power room" far beneath my actual workshop.

Honestly, after getting used to TE (though I'd already used it a bit) the ONLY thing I really miss about IC2 is...the sounds of the machines.

Seriously, I thought the macerators and everything was kind of soothing, as long as you didn't upgrade it to obscene values. Except the Geothermal generators...I usually had three our four banks of nine of those and the sound of them turning off and on constantly drove me so crazy I had to bury them in a "power room" far beneath my actual workshop.

This. I never really thought about it until now, but I think you are right. Sound is something that is really missing from TE. I never really liked the IC2 sounds (They seemed kind of jarring, and didn't run together very well. At least the macerator's.) But having a room full of quietly humming machines would be so cool compared to a room full of silent blocks.

Anyway, I hope Alblaka rejoins the Minecraft community some day. I heard he was burnt out and hasn't been heard from recently. Maybe he can do IC3 or something?

would have to say though, if someone added a kitchen-craft mod that added more food recipies and beverage stuff I would like it, Lethosos' drunkcraft project sounds really good for one.

Big Dig has some sort of mod which adds a whole lot of foods and drinks to the game, including Golden Apple Juice. (Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds)