ROBOTS! Brand new part of Mekanism.

Cheap Shot

Mekanism is now in Big Dig, and with it comes the first appearance of these little guys.

BN7FEx3.jpg

32k2G.png

32lvk.png

I designed, modeled and textured the mod, and Aidancbrady coded it.

They act as pets/mobile furnaces, crafting tables, anvils and chests. They come with a recharge pad to juice them up, which also charges other things you have as well.

:swoon: My dream mod a reality!

They've shipped with just basic features. Plans are to have modules that upgrade them later. Ideas include picking up fallen ores and such while mining, creeper alarm, etc. No combat though. They wouldn't be good at that.

Do you ever get tired of being awesome? It just seems like you never get a break, just being awesome all the time.

I work hard I play hard. Models and textures and design are fun for me. I imagine coding is also fun for Aidan but in my opinion the code is the real heavy lifting here.

The eyes... they're staring into my soul!

@Industrial Miner : You could always reskin the Little Maids mod. But it might not work, as they spawn in the wild. (Odd, I know. Makes me wonder.)

These are really cool, any chance you'll be able to change the name from 'Robbit', not to keen, apart from that though it's really good, keep up the good work!

That's like the most nit picky thing I've ever heard, but yeah, Aidan has already made robots nameable in recent builds.

It would be nice to give them "chassis upgrades" to make them look different. That would satisfy Industrial Miner's need for compatible beings with his inhuman body. :p

It would be nice to give them "chassis upgrades" to make them look different. That would satisfy Industrial Miner's need for compatible beings with his inhuman body. :P

My body is based on the human body; endoskeleton, reactor as heart, processor as brain... It's just to make my Cyborg Industries cyborg production line become a reality.

My body is based on the human body; endoskeleton, reactor as heart, processor as brain... It's just to make my Cyborg Industries cyborg production line become a reality.

sorry to say but. from my studies, the humans don't seem to have a centralised energy synthesis facillity within their bodies... so... that's a bit of a design flaw with the whole humanoid shtick.

sorry to say but. from my studies, the humans don't seem to have a centralised energy synthesis facillity within their bodies... so... that's a bit of a design flaw with the whole humanoid shtick.

Actually, the digestive system is the energy synthesis facility. I mean, you squishy meatbags run on a chemical-based system, so having a mechanism to break down food into various sugars, minerals, and useful amino acids is a big deal.

Actually, the digestive system is the energy synthesis facility. I mean, you squishy meatbags run on a chemical-based system, so having a mechanism to break down food into various sugars, minerals, and useful amino acids is a big deal.

that is a chemical synthesis facillity, last i checked, a reactor does not make the fuel that the rest of the stuff uses to make energy.

that is a chemical synthesis facillity, last i checked, a reactor does not make the fuel that the rest of the stuff uses to make energy.

Then isn't the "rest of the stuff" ie. our cells, the energy synthesis facility?