Wiki help

weirleader

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who is contributing. The wiki is really starting to shape up.

any chance you could give me pointers/direction to create some additional templates (e.g., the induction smelter)? I can see the existing code for the furnace and crafting table grid, but it's just enough outside my understanding that I can't figure it out without a lot of trial and error (which I don't want to do on the wiki, cluttering up some page with a million revisions).

I've googled every keyword combination I can think of and find lots of links to instructions for *using* templates but no instructions for *creating* templates (correction: Dash16 pointed me toward the wikimedia.org help which is teasing me and almost has me thinking I can do this). But if you happened to have some way of simplifying this I certainly wouldn't turn you down. :-)

I'm going to chip away at the ModPack pages, already have BigDig more-or-less done. One quick question though, does anybody know what information I'm allowed to put into the 'modbox' to the right side of the page? I want to include the current version, but it won't let me; I assume that I have to use specific variable names, but I don't have any idea how to tell what I can use or how to format more.

I'm going to chip away at the ModPack pages, already have BigDig more-or-less done. One quick question though, does anybody know what information I'm allowed to put into the 'modbox' to the right side of the page? I want to include the current version, but it won't let me; I assume that I have to use specific variable names, but I don't have any idea how to tell what I can use or how to format more.

After poking around at the appropriate template, I added text for "Current Version". Just use "|cv=1.2.3" to identify version 1.2.3.

After poking around at the appropriate template, I added text for "Current Version". Just use "|cv=1.2.3" to identify version 1.2.3.

Thank you very much. Up to this point I've never done anything more than correct a few grammar/spelling mistakes here and there, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. Being familiar with HTML is proving useful though.

Thank you very much. Up to this point I've never done anything more than correct a few grammar/spelling mistakes here and there, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. Being familiar with HTML is proving useful though.

Hah, I'm not much different. I've just been spending a lot of time poring over other pages and template files in an attempt to understand how it all works.

id like to offer my help though i have never done any wiki work i think its invaluable to this pack i cant code or anything but if theres anything i can do to help like compile information and such pm me or post here i think i will follow this topic

i guess i shouldnt lie lol i can sort of code but not really and not to any great extent and probably not of any use here any how

but i do want to help so just shoot me a line if anything comes to mind

It's not making the wiki, it's filling it out. You don't need to be able to code, just to type.

Well, the wiki language is sort of like coding. You have to close statements with special characters, lots of bracket [] and curly bracket {} so I could see why someone might consider it something like coding.

lol, it's okay. I fixed it a bit, but don't worry too much about formatting. I plan on plopping all that stuff into a table when I finally get to the Tekkit page. And those [[double brackets]] indicate a link to an internal wiki page, best to write most stuff outside of those. This and this should help you get a quick understanding of wiki formating.

Yep, looks all right. Good idea with the outside link, I'll have to go back through the other modpacks and add those I think. You don't need the 'v-' in front of the version though, most people will understand what the numbers mean.

hmm good point i will take that out

well i got a few done will finish more tomorrow if someone doesnt beat me to it

im also thinking maybe a slash or somthing between the name and version number to make it easier to define that there are 2 seperate links there

what are your thoughts

Thanks a lot you two, you're probably my favorite people in the world now. I'm going to pop on some MitM and hopefully finish up Tekkit and Hack/Mine, add links in the BigDig and Tekkit Lite pages, and start Voltz before I pass out.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing. The wiki is really starting to shape up.

Is there any way that I could get an official changelog for Tekkit? This seems to be the only modpack (excluding Hack/Mine) that does not have this posted to the main site and I was hoping to add this information to the wiki. I've been able to add (probably) all of the changes for 1.0.4 - 1.0.6 using the news updates, but there aren't any articles for 1.0.3 and below.

hey i'm new i've used technic launcher before i have a mac and when i try to launch the new technic it does the minecraft forge then goes to a white page and crashes can anyone help me plz

I would need an error log in order to help you, but make your own thread please.

Also does anybody know why the external link next to 'Buildcraft Additional Pipes' has a little lock? The code doesn't look any different than any of the other lines.

Is there any way that I could get an official changelog for Tekkit? This seems to be the only modpack (excluding Hack/Mine) that does not have this posted to the main site and I was hoping to add this information to the wiki. I've been able to add (probably) all of the changes for 1.0.4 - 1.0.6 using the news updates, but there aren't any articles for 1.0.3 and below.

i would bet it would not be there because this is a new first gen of tekkit unlike tekkit lite and tekkit classic just a thought