Wiki help

weirleader

Thanks to whoever added the version numbers on the modlist page, I updated it to look more like Big Dig's formatting and included the mod author(s).

that was me lol and yeah i was thinking about somthing just like that only i hadnt seen big digs but i like what you did i was worried it might be hard for ppl to decern that there was 2 links

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way that I could get an official changelog for Tekkit? This seems to be the only modpack (excluding Hack/Mine) that does not have this posted to the main site and I was hoping to add this information to the wiki. I've been able to add (probably) all of the changes for 1.0.4 - 1.0.6 using the news updates, but there aren't any articles for 1.0.3 and below.

I would need an error log in order to help you, but make your own thread please.

Also does anybody know why the external link next to 'Buildcraft Additional Pipes' has a little lock? The code doesn't look any different than any of the other lines.

how do i make my own thread also it isn't giving me a error log it just crashes it's happening with all the new mods

would that be the technic launcher log :| ?

seriously remember when you clicked on this thread well before you clicked on this thread if you had bothered to look around you would have seen a little button or link that said new topic so go start your own topic thanks

my bad i quoted the wrong post let me try again

how do i make my own thread also it isn't giving me a error log it just crashes it's happening with all the new mods

ok should have been like this remember when you clicked on this thread well before you clicked on this thread if you had bothered to look around you would have seen a little button or link that said new topic so go start your own topic thanks

Is there any way that I could get an official changelog for Tekkit? This seems to be the only modpack (excluding Hack/Mine) that does not have this posted to the main site and I was hoping to add this information to the wiki. I've been able to add (probably) all of the changes for 1.0.4 - 1.0.6 using the news updates, but there aren't any articles for 1.0.3 and below.

Also does anybody know why the external link next to 'Buildcraft Additional Pipes' has a little lock? The code doesn't look any different than any of the other lines.

just a stab in the dark but it could be its a secure site website i mean it links to git hub

yup that was the prob i relinked it to the forum instead

just a stab in the dark but it could be its a secure site website i mean it links to git hub

That was it, I'm surprised I didn't think of that. I did roll back your new link though, sorry; the MCF thread is old and is for the original BAP before its mod creator gave up control of it. The github link is for the splinter version that Tekkit uses.

oh that makes sense then i just was looking there and saw it was a lock again lol so there is no forum page for the new version that kinda sucks since github isnt very informative oh well i guess thats what a wiki is for lol

oh and no reason to be sorry im just stabbing in the dark trying to help

Whew. Applied Energistics is... nearly done. I've at least created all the pages for the blocks and items, filled in all the crafting recipes, and more or less entered information into almost all of the pages. I need a break. :)

I want to try to see if I can use some html to align them all in a grid for space savings (that's a long list), but don't think I'm going to get to that tonight.

I arranged the [[Minium_Stone#Transmutations|Minium Stone transmutation recipes]] into a wiki formatted table. Figured I might as well use the language, even if it is a bit strange when compared to HTML at times.

See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Tables for more information about formatting tables.

Also, I think I might have a problem. The first step is admitting that problem, right?

Hi, I'm Dash16 and I'm addicted to editing wikis.

I arranged the [[Minium_Stone#Transmutations|Minium Stone transmutation recipes]] into a wiki formatted table. Figured I might as well use the language, even if it is a bit strange when compared to HTML at times.

See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Tables for more information about formatting tables.

Also, I think I might have a problem. The first step is admitting that problem, right?

NICE! I didn't even realize that formatting existed, so that's great to see; and not so bad, now that I've seen your code... a bit hard to read if you've never seen it before, but not too bad. Thanks for doing that, as I think it makes it much nicer to look at,

Had a busy weekend, so didn't get in much editing at all. Now I'm trying to decide if I should spend my time raising the quality of Thermal Expansion or just getting stubs started for all nonexistent pages in MFR. Guess I'll just bounce back and forth for the moment, as the mood takes me.

somthings been bothering me this tekkit wiki we are working on doesnt actually exsist at least not where ppl can find it we need to get a link put on the main tekkit page or something has its all well and good to have a wiki but if no one can find it the whole en devour is moot

It's being held in a sort of beta stage until more info is in. It's going pretty fast though, so that shouldn't be long. Keep up the good work people!

There's actually a link at the top of the forums by the way. Just not on the main website yet.

Hope you don't mind, I put the IC2/RP2 replacement guide link back on the front page - that's what a lot of people are looking for right now.

I think it's a good idea; I just don't know who removed it or why. Guess that's why there's a 'Talk' page... though they're not getting a lot of action right now.

It's being held in a sort of beta stage until more info is in. It's going pretty fast though, so that shouldn't be long. Keep up the good work people!

There's actually a link at the top of the forums by the way. Just not on the main website yet.

oh didnt even see it there lol least now it will be easier to refer ppl to it beta or not its better then fumblin in the dark

There's a link on the main website, you just have to hover over 'Community' up at the top in order to see it.

I think it's a good idea; I just don't know who removed it or why. Guess that's why there's a 'Talk' page... though they're not getting a lot of action right now.

After looking closer at the page, looks like the whole FAQ section just got bulk-commented out, which incidentally hid the only link to the guide. Not a big deal, and we can clean it up later. I was just worried about people not being able to find it. :)

After looking closer at the page, looks like the whole FAQ section just got bulk-commented out, which incidentally hid the only link to the guide. Not a big deal, and we can clean it up later. I was just worried about people not being able to find it. :)

Yea that was me, sorry. I was planning on moving it up to 'The New Tekkit' section and fleshing it out but didn't have time yesterday. I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow.

So, I quite shamelessly yoinked template code from minecraftwiki.net for the Entity info box. I hope no one minds. :D Check out an example at the newly created http://wiki.technicpack.net/Pink_Slime_(Mob) page.

I'm ramping up the wiki content for the new version of MFR that is included in Tekkit 1.1.0, LOTS of fun new blocks! Laser Drill FTW.

I'm of the opinion that wikis should be happy to help each other; you never know when the new Tekkit wiki will share a tidbit in the other direction. Of course, that's just me. :-)

Looks *very* nice.

So I'm in no way qualified to write articles for the wiki (yet), but I have been trying to use it as I go and I was wondering: what is your policy about linking to other wikis temporarily? For pages that don't yet exist, would it be acceptable to create a small stub page that includes a link to an external resource on that topic for now? I know that's not ideal, but it would make the wiki a little easier to use as it grows if those pages weren't dead-ends in the meantime...

That would be helpful, both to others using the wiki and to those writing it. I say go for it. To be honest, a lot of the content on the Technic Wiki is a copy/paste from somewhere else, edited and formatted slightly so it fits better. Why reinvent the wheel?