Editing existing modpacks

Ptcdbrown

Hi I'm fairly new to tekkit and I got hooked on Tekkit Classic. Its great and all but there are some mods that I have in my minecraft that I love but am having problems getting them in Tekkit Classic. There are three mods that I am trying to get in, Hats, Damage Indicator, and Furniture. I tried putting them in the mods folder just like in minecraft but they didn't work. They are up to date BTW, and I tried uploading them into modpack.jar but it still wont register. The game doesn't crash, it simply doesn't acknowledge the mods. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Hi. I actually edit my modpacks all the times and the things that you need to make sure of are that the mods you're adding are for the same version of minecraft and are istalled using forge. In general install the mod the same way you would for normal minecraft except use modpack.jar instead of minecraft.jar. Also, I've found exceptions where you can just put the mod in your mods folder regardless of how it should be installed. If that doesn't work than its probably a compatibility issue.

P.S. I'm no expert

P.S. I'm no expert

I sorta am so I'll just say that you are 100% right. Hats mod is only for post 1.4.6 and tekkit classic is 1.2.5. The same is true for the rest of the mods you said. Sorry to say but there's no way to get them into tekkit classic.

• 6 months later...