Fuck MCForums and all it stands for

jakj

Coddling little shitsweepers. One infraction because I reobfuscated code that the modder was too lazy to recompile for over a month, then another for a fucking BUG FIX PATCH for a mod that's barely being developed at all, and now I'm banned for three days.

I'm desperately trying to remember why I ever thought going back there could possibly have been a good idea, and I'm not succeeding. I swear by all that's holy, I wish that site would just dissolve into nothingness and vanish from the face of the earth as befits such an abomination. Even the republican party is less of a mutual-appreciation society than that cesspool.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen at least one of these myself tonight, when I was sweeping my list for updates and additions to TunnelPack, my mod. I *think* I saw this under Primitive Mobs, or Xeno's Reliquary, but I may be wrong.

No real drama: Just two form-letter PMs. Pretty sure the mod author reported the most recent one, due to the timing, but I have no evidence. I can post the PMs when I get back to my computer if you're curious.

I wish there had been drama: Would make more people aware. I did get thanked by players for the bug fix, though, and it had been a bug for so long with the author silent that some were convinced it had been changed intentionally.

The funniest part? New mod update, incidentally the same day I get banned, includes a fix for the bug I already fixed...and people are crashing now. Awesome since I had also posted the CODE of the fix. Professional.

Soul Shards is the mod.

One of the sectional moderators had this to say:

A note to those who read this topic:

Unless you have been given express permission to post any modifications to the code in advance, if you are not the original maker (ShadwDrgn) of any of the mods discussed in this thread, please do not, under any circumstances, redistribute any of the original creators' mods, in part or in whole, regardless of the reason.

It causes much confusion and creates a mess within the thread when there are a bundle of unofficial updates taking place alongside official discussions.

Thank you.

Official discussions? The guy barely updates his change log and communicates almost not at all with the community There is no official discussion.

Blech. I'm going to sleep. At least I know this place will always be here, where the only bullshit is in the whale box.

Now I'm 100% convinced it was the author who reported me, since my fix was up there for about a week, including being quoted by others, and no report, but the day he comes out with his current update, I get reported, and he went off on the other guy who posted an update for another of his mods (which MULTIPLE people have called "abandoned" and were talking about the author in his own thread like he wasn't even there), the author started all-caps yelling at.

I will spare this site's administration the annoyance of having to tell me to hold off on the personal attacks, and just say that you should know what I think of this mod author right now.

I would say that we should do something hilarious but illegal, but i won't.

Instead, I think we should give MCforums a quick kick in the nuts, a bag over the head and throw it overboard.

this way, at least, we can all safely ignore it for the rest of our lives, however short or long they me be.

I can safely say that this forum is better by far, and the only way in which it is lacking is the relative lack of content, but this is only because of the relatively short life span of the current iteration of the forums and the hate technic used to get for being an "illegal modpack."

Ahh, MCforums. My first post on there got me a 24 hour ban because a moderator was skimming through one of the Better Than Wolves/Better With Forge drama topics back in December and issued an infraction and deleted my post because it apparently looked like a spambot, being too well written and not "Nuh uh!!!11!!"/"Uh huh!!1!1!!!" .

The thread may be gone, but their warning system saved it for me.

Oh thank god, this is still active.

I was looking around online and I found this, this Place, this.. Den, no, it can only be described as a Cesspool. A Cesspool of immorality. People

stealing the look, the feel, the very workings of other programs and putting up their own degenerate pile of stolen ideas, usually under a slightly tweaked

version of the original work's title.

And not just a couple, thousands, THOUSANDS of such projects, all blatantly ripping off the originality of other people's work.

But the worst part? Most of them are ripping off of commercial products. They're knowingly stealing sales, and therefor money, from working programmers!

They need to be shown the error of their ways, taught the same lessons put forth in this thread.

Please, you righteous beacons of morality, go where I am too weak to tread. Spread the light of true morality to the vile dwellers of this cesspool of theft,

this Sourceforge.

The website is here: http://sourceforge.net/

Godspeed, noble warriors of truth. Spread the good word, and carry on the good fight! 

Any post including a link which is the first post probably looks like a spambot. You just need to temper that kind of thing with common sense, rather than going "LINK! BURN THE WITCH SPAMMER!"

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1585216-thaumcraft-305e-updated-2652013/page__st__11740#entry22725746

Today I learned that Azanor thinks the Technic Pack is a for-profit venture.

I'm. Fucking. Done. With. All. Of. Them.

(I had to give my period key a little exercise, there, you know: Keep it limber for Java programming.)

There there, I went and had a little yell at him. I just hope he can read it before I get banned.

I'm glad it was just a misunderstanding: I don't dislike Azanor, though I disagree with him. He's wrongheaded but he's not an asshole.

Shadow Dragon, on the other hand...ugh. I'm seriously considering coming up with my own version of his Soul Shards mod (without copying a single line of code, mind you) just to piss him off. We'll see.

(No, don't go and troll him on my behalf. Just...leave him in his little puddle.)

Enchantment: Soul Rending. Keeps track of the total mobs killed with it and the "type" it has correspond to the mob that is killed the most with it. Then you can sacrifice the weapon into a Canopic Jar, which functions as a spawner of the type listed for as long as the counter is not zero. It decrements the counter by one for every mob it spawns.

Interesting idea, but I wouldn't remove the infinite nature of the spawning. I prefer the reagent idea, either like a direct fuel or instead as a charge that depletes and replenishes.

I would get rid of weapon enchantment entirely, and instead there would be an item you use on the mob that attunes it into a soul shard, and the shard itself could be upgraded for greater absorption potency.