Tekkit Riddle Map (Only works on Tekkit Classic)

Hey guys, I'm pretty new here. I've made this small/medium Tekkit Classic Map and I wasn't sure if I should've posted a video about it. Anyway, here's a link to this map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/51dd026nlqrxoso/Riddle_Map.rar

If somehow you do not spawn to the exact point of this map (cause I didn't use MCEdit or stuff like that) go to coor x: -1356 y: 5 z: 1757

Also , when typing the answer , type with small letters.

• 4 weeks later...

The riddles are a good idea, but your architecture could use some more variety than stone tunnels everywhere and the battle at the end is almost instant death if you don't find the ladder down. The crushing walls don't work too well either, and you might want to add a pressure plate after the door in to activate them. The forum post could use some pictures or videos to make it more interesting, since so far you have a wall of text. Congratulations on making a map, and good luck.

How.

What.

I don't understand how a minecraft map could be a virus, it literally is a folder that you run nothing inside.

You could download it and it turns out to be a virus. Like a trojan horse. I inherited this paranoia from the MCForum.

How.

What.

I don't understand how a minecraft map could be a virus, it literally is a folder that you run nothing inside.

Ever heard of a compression bomb? Those can be quite nasty/destructive. They are literally compressed folders that you run nothing inside, but they can still cripple your system.

ON topic now, I will most likely give 'er a whirl when I get some time.

Ever heard of a compression bomb? Those can be quite nasty/destructive. They are literally compressed folders that you run nothing inside, but they can still cripple your system.

ON topic now, I will most likely give 'er a whirl when I get some time.

Hm, just did some research on those, and they are quite fascinating. The person who thought up those must have had too much free time do to the lengthy process required to create. Although most modern AntiVirus programs easily detect them, and won't extract them to scan them. Although if you make them correctly, they still will extract just fine, although I don't see the practical purpose of them. They lock up your computer, and that is it. How someone trying to exploit your computer would use them I don't quite get.

Although the process is (at least from the research I collected,) only done with standard .zips and also bziped files. The way they are essentially made is zip a large file containing only 0s, (typically around 1.6 gigabytes.), change it to a text file, copy it 16 times, zip all them, repeat the process until you get a small final zip file.

Hm, just did some research on those, and they are quite fascinating. The person who thought up those must have had too much free time do to the lengthy process required to create. Although most modern AntiVirus programs easily detect them, and won't extract them to scan them. Although if you make them correctly, they still will extract just fine, although I don't see the practical purpose of them. They lock up your computer, and that is it. How someone trying to exploit your computer would use them I don't quite get.

Although the process is (at least from the research I collected,) only done with standard .zips and also bziped files. The way they are essentially made is zip a large file containing only 0s, (typically around 1.6 gigabytes.), change it to a text file, copy it 16 times, zip all them, repeat the process until you get a small final zip file.

If crafted carefully, they can do more than that. Know what happens when your hard drive is entirely out of sectors?

The riddles are a good idea, but your architecture could use some more variety than stone tunnels everywhere and the battle at the end is almost instant death if you don't find the ladder down. The crushing walls don't work too well either, and you might want to add a pressure plate after the door in to activate them. The forum post could use some pictures or videos to make it more interesting, since so far you have a wall of text. Congratulations on making a map, and good luck.

Yeah, sorry about that. I know I should have made it a little more colorful to the eyes (LOL bad use of words) but I'm not a great architect and I've worked on this alone. The last battle is supposed to be instant death, that's why you have to dodge the cannonballs, fire charges and consider to not get close to the head cause that would be too easy. Idk why the walls didn't work,since I've tested it out myself and it killed me, plus it's hard to think when walls start going towards you XD I'm not quite a modder either :/ ..

This is probably a virus. Post pictures please.

I didn't know it had a virus. Sorry if it did. I'll post the pictures on my next post here. :)

STEP 1. Go to imgur.com. Bookmark the site.

STEP 2. Make an account (It's free)

STEP 3. Drag and drop the images, FROM YOUR COMPUTER, NOT MEDIAFIRE onto the page.

STEP 4. Click on the image.

STEP 5. Highlight the code under (Forums and message boards)

STEP 6. Paste the code into your post.

STEP 1. Go to imgur.com. Bookmark the site.

STEP 2. Make an account (It's free)

STEP 3. Drag and drop the images, FROM YOUR COMPUTER, NOT MEDIAFIRE onto the page.

STEP 4. Click on the image.

STEP 5. Highlight the code under (Forums and message boards)

STEP 6. Paste the code into your post.

Why bookmark and make an account?

• 2 weeks later...