Lagging out or crashing on joining? Try these steps

Stone Rhino

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. What happened to that little box? It isn't available for me, and it used to be.

Seems the option has been removed apparently. The setting is now larger to by default, making some of this thread silly.

Bigdig crashes due to the horde of mods and the massive amount of RAM consumed. You can still manually select the allocation amount. Just keep it reasonable (2GB to 4GB). If you've been playing for 6+ hours straight, chances are its going to crash no matter what due to Mem leaks in java 7.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tried everything suggested here, and I'm still getting crashes as soon as I open a world. Here's the crash report I'm getting:

For some reason it seems to think that I'm playing multiplayer even though I'm playing singleplayer...

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 7/31/13 1:44 PM

Description: Exception while adding particle

I'm not quite sure about it, but I'm pretty sure it's because... well 1.3

I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but where is the launch.bat ? i checked a few files in .technic/bigdig, and a few files in .technic that weren't to a specific mod but i couldn't find it.

launch.bat is the file you would click on to launch a server. you can call it anything though. I prefer start.bat

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting frame drops from 100-150 to 30-40 after ~30 minutes of playing. What can I do?

- Allocated memory - tried 1.5 GB and 2 GB

- Lowered graphical settings - still the same

My PC:

- Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1 GHz (4 cores)

- Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333

- Asus Radeon HD7770 1GB

- Windows 8.1 x64

All other modpacks are running flawlessly (Hexxit, Hack/Mine, FTB...).

• 3 months later...