Is FTB any good?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't trying to avoid being ban I knew that was obvious because I wasn't finish trolling.

Yay! We need permissions distributing a free modification that was created only because Mojang didn't get up in arms about permissions and mods in the first case!

When it comes down to it, FTB is a bitch when comes to FPS and i've got no time for that. You go off trolling and ban evading somewhere else?

Then you called your new username "goodlucktryingtobanme". That sounds awfully like ban evasion.

Try installing Optifine, FPS+, and give more ram to the modpack I would say 2 or 3.

Does anybody have any idea why? I haven't found any answers anywhere! I want to be able to follow along with Direwolf20's season 6.

I wonder what other tricks he has...but I'm done trolling it's not bad for my first time xD

I... Wouldn't call that "not bad". Your concept of trolling is "act like an idiot then try to ban evade when it gets me banned". Pretty crappy trolling, especially for these forums - home to masters such as Cheapshot. If this is your idea of trolling, then I fear for the good name of trolls.

But then again it was my first time and how is it ban evade If I can basically unban myself 10 seconds later?

I... Wouldn't call that "not bad". Your concept of trolling is "act like an idiot then try to ban evade when it gets me banned". Pretty crappy trolling, especially for these forums - home to masters such as Cheapshot. If this is your idea of trolling, then I fear for the good name of trolls.

It being your first time doesn't make it any better - your "not bad" label suggests that it won't improve no matter how many times you do it. You also seem unable to understand what ban evasion actually is, which doesn't make it seem like you're going to be much good at it if you don't even understand what you're doing.

Ban Evasion is where you evade a ban. You cannot, and have not, unbanned yourself, you merely evaded the ban by making a new account. That is ban evasion, not unbanning.

I didn't forget the IP, that comes under the making a new account part. It didn't need mentioning, so I didn't mention it.

The way you made the account to "troll" with doesn't affect the quality in any way, especially not in this case. If you had made an account with the same IP and weren't IP banned, the result would be the same.

EDIT:

Anyway, back on topic, why does FTB 1.5 have IC2 dev builds?

At a guess, because they still think that there's life in IC2 yet and, more importantly, they want GregTech, which is one of the more important mods in FtB. If they want instability and a mod which probably won't last much longer, and may end up pulled from the pack at a very problematic time for them due to updates, then that's their choice. IMO, the Technic team saved us all a lot of hassle by dropping it before the corpse starts to rot.

theprolo hit the nail on the head right there. The launch of a new modpack gave an opportunity to pull two dying mods from the pack. If you get a chance like that, you need to take it. Before it's too late and you need to choose between people keeping their worlds and not updating, or updating and having people get upset.

They'll probably make a magic-heavy modpack (maybe they already have), and completely miss the point of Hexxit, that being an adventure focus and a huge difficulty spike aimed at a small tight-knit group of people playing together, maybe even using a form of voice communication (like Teamspeak, Skype, Raidcall, Mumble etc).

They'll probably make a magic-heavy modpack (maybe they already have), and completely miss the point of Hexxit, that being an adventure focus and a huge difficulty spike aimed at a small tight-knit group of people playing together, maybe even using a form of voice communication (like Teamspeak, Skype, Raidcall, Mumble etc).

MagicWorld 2 anyone?

*I only know this pack by name, but based on it I'd say its a heavily magic oriented pack.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did - Technic hasn't exactly copyrighted the idea and it's drawing in large amounts of people, so what's to stop them? They have little good reason not to put together an equivalent. I suspect they'd load it with some more mods such as TC3 which deny Technic permission to use, and possibly drop or replace a few.

I'm just saying that if they're going to make one, they're going to wait quite a while. Making one so soon after Hexxit is released would be too blatant. It would be less blatant to wait for all the fuss to die down completely, and then release a similar modpack.

That aside, I think FTB would probably get the whole idea wrong. They'd make it more of a magic modpack and less of a dungeoneering with 3 friends pack.

This is their modpack submission rules:

Permissions:

All private mod packs are required to have complete permissions for each and every mod included. This includes api's such as CoFH core and immibis core. Permissions that have been given to the official FTB mod packs DO NOT COUNT towards a private public modpack. Permissions found in the Central Mod Permissions page do count. The Private in the name refers to the fact that they are not in the public section of the FTB launcher. Aside from that there is nothing private about them, and as such, the private modpack permissions spreadsheet and all permissions given that refer to private modpacks, do not apply.

To keep submissions consistent, this is the required format for the mods and permissions section. An example text file with a number of mods is included in the example zip available at the bottom of this post. Each mod should be listed separately like so,

Mod Name - Developer (permission)

Permission can be demonstrated 2 ways.

• You can have a direct link to a screenshot of the permission policy, screenshot of a private conversation or a specific forum post where permission is granted. This includes the FTB Central Mod Permissions page, you should link the appropriate post. You cannot link the Minecraft Forum topic, you must take a screenshot of the policy, upload it somewhere and link it.
  • If your pack has a public page listing all mods and outlining permission for them, you can just list the mod names and authors in the text file and link the page in the Permissions Page section. Simply linking each mods page is not sufficient, you must copy the permissions policy to your page. I advise doing permissions in the text file instead of trying to build a page.

After receiving the pack we will review the permissions, contact you if there are any problems. Once the pack has been approved, it will be uploaded on the upload day, which is Thursday. We will notify you when it is available.

Once your modpack has been approved, you may post a topic in the 3rd party modpack section advertising the pack.

Here is mine:

Screw permissions! Upload!