Let's Test Big Dig 1.3.13!

CanVox

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not had too much trouble with 1.3.13. a few errors here and there that i'm not seeing anymore. I do feel as though the pack is still missing some things after the past few updates, but oh well. Is there any chance we can get some more mobs in the big dig, like Mo creatures or something lol?

This may ofcourse be a stupid question but here I go:

I'd really want to upgrade my server to this new version. I'm running 1.3.9 now.

How do I upgrade the server, because just dumping all the files in the folder doesn't do the trick. Starting the server crashes then.

I've managed to upgrade one MOD bij deleting the old version and placing the new version in de MOD folder. Is this the way to do it?

Could someone please tell me how to do this painfree?

I have a white screen on startup. I've tried 1.3.13 on two other computers (1 linux and 1 windows) and it worked only on one (linux).

It's kinda strange...

EDIT: I manually deleted the .technic/big dig folder and then re downloaded it and it works fine.

I can't seem to change the power glove modes. Sneak+mouse wheel doesn't work. I've been looking at different places but I haven't come across a solution. Is anyone else having this problem or no a solution? I did add biomes o' plenty to the mod pack if that made a difference.

hey im working with a "windows server 2008 r2 standard" server host their is literary 5 of us trying to figure out why we cant seem to get the plugins folder to be made/read and open plugins when using mcpc+ newer versions than was said and the same/older they do not seem to work. we tried a butt ton of things to update java and such but so far nothing. i get a crash report when i use bukkit forge in the coremods folder its http://pastebin.com/ApHKqzsb i then get http://pastebin.com/AHf0Kfi6 when i put mcpc+ and the bukkit forge into the core mods. i renamed the bukkit forge to just bukkitforge.jar so i got http://pastebin.com/XbbcL5Lb the 5 of us have tried everything we could, tekkit classic seems to work on their and i believe ftb (mindcrack) and tekkit 1.5.1 "space" things have worked on local host (our comps)but for some reason break when we put them/do them on the "server" computer. when i use mcpc+ no mater which version i tried it just does not load the plugins or anything put it in each different folder but nothing. any clue whats going on?

-socerman

ps we have also tried with the older version aka recommended build but nothing.

@Hairball: Delete the following: Mods Folder, Coremods Folded, Config Folder, BigDig.jar, Minecraft_Server.jar

Upload the 1.3.13 Server Files to your server and enjoy your game.

@socerman: Have you checked the permissions on your files and folders? maybe some of them are read only.

Couple of Bugs I found:

1. Modular Power Suites has no Keybinding for the Glove (I cant turn off the OC like in 1.3.9)

2. The MPS glow is visible through walls

3. The MPS Glove still doesn't work on a lot of woods, no support for Sakura, Redwood and the like

4. Grafter also doesn't work on in 3. mentioned Woodtypes

5. Sprinting for more than 1 second and using the Apiarist Database, Bee/Tree Analyzers while sprinting results in Client Crash http://pastebin.com/Eim3wc5z

Overall 1.1.13 feels more stable than 1.3.9 but especiall the MPS took quite a hit with features, not sure if people like living without custom colors or a glove that can't be turned off, almost makes this thing useless when building now

@socerman: If you are running a Server you should already know this but just to clarify: http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Understanding_Windows_Server_2008_File_and_Folder_Ownership_and_Permissions

Easiest/Least Secure way to do it is give the "Everyone" group full permissions on your BigDig folder, if that doesn't work it's not a permissions problem.

I just checked your crash reports again, I don't fully understand that summary but you have "-Xmx3G -Xms2G" in your launch.bat file. How much RAM does your Server have? If its 4GB or less set "-Xmx1.5G -Xms1G" or your server is probably running out of memory.

@lucasrox: Do a "Rest Pack" in the Tekkit Launcher. You can find it in the same screen you select your Big Dig version. Sometimes files get corrupted when minecraft crashes, the Reset Pack delets everything (including Waypoints, Texturepacks and Keybindings! So make a backup). After that the launcher will do a fresh install for you and the game will run again.

Addition of railgun to power glove causes everything you perform with it, to generate heat.

Correction: Everything you do in nether generates heat once you install it. Launching Lux lights, breaking blocks.

Final correction: Quitting and returning game corrects this bug.

I downloaded and started up the server but i noticed something was wrong. I didn't see any new trees, flowers, etc. It looks like vanilla minecraft. Now i'm not server savy so I am not sure if I did something wrong or didn't do something. Only things I did was downloaded it, extracted it, ran Minecraft_server jar, op myself and flew around. I had a 1.2.2 server and was playing fine on that.

I downloaded and started up the server but i noticed something was wrong. I didn't see any new trees, flowers, etc. It looks like vanilla minecraft. Now i'm not server savy so I am not sure if I did something wrong or didn't do something. Only things I did was downloaded it, extracted it, ran Minecraft_server jar, op myself and flew around. I had a 1.2.2 server and was playing fine on that.

your supposed to double click the launch.bat to start the server

I have been playing perfectly fine in this 1.3.13 version but for two days now i get a lag every 2 sceonds or so, i cant play at all anymore, i did nothing different on my world, although its only my one big survival world that lags, the others dont. does someone have like a list of items that maybe cause lag in this version? ive tried it all, and i cant stop the lag, any one have any ideas? hope someone can help, thanks! :)