Let's test Tekkit 1.1.5 (RC)!

CanVox

While using NEI in Utility mode, the following error happened:

http://pastebin.com/Fi3k2bs6

Somehow I ended up with a stack of items in my hand (well, cursor). Attempting to return them to the NEI interface caused the client crash.

I've been having some issues with NEI.

On a side note, longer term testing of 1.1.5 of my server has shown higher ram usage than in 1.0.6 even with relatively few players online. Previously we had 40 users online, 6k+ chunks loaded, and around 3.2 gb of ram used. Now we're hitting 4 gb usage at 4k+ chunks and 25 users.

Also, I did not properly upgrade my version of MCPC+ (Idiot here somehow named it Tekkit.jar.jar, so it didn't replace the older version. Derp.)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not enough information to do anything about.

Sorry, i didnt have enough diagnostics to make a full post, but i do now.

Just in general, no worlds will load up, i have not added or removed any mods or changed config files. I deleted the folder and made a fresh install, but that still wont work. it gets stuck on Building Terrain. can you load up your worlds anybody? Oh and by the way im running an 2011 iMac 21".

I just wanted to say everything seems to be working well on my end. Turned off the 1.0.6 server. Erased configs, mods & coremods, added the 1.5.1 versions, updated to the latest recommend build for MCPC+, updated all the plugins with Minecraft 1.5.2 compatible versions, started it without fail. People coming and going as they please, no broken worlds.

Thanks for the update CanVox.

the world has been pretty much explored fully so unless all i need to do is unload chunks and re visit that wont work

You can do it manually with a bit of fiddling around in a world editor like MCEdit. MCEdit has an option in the chunk control tool to repopulate ores, althought last time I tried it it would crash if I used it on too many chunks at a time. Worst comes to worst you can either delete all chunks which haven't been built in so that when they regenerate they'll spawn new ores or, if your buildings aren't too spread out, you can copy your constructions, deleted the entire world, generate a new world with the same seed and then paste your buildings back in.

Make plenty of backups though, it's easy to mess this up or forget something.

Have our server updated and working fine! Seems to be an issue on my mac with playing - it seems to freeze up periodically (probably due to my mac being rubbish).

Trying now on my PC and cannot seem to update to the latest build properly. It sits on "100% no update for tekkitmain found" and will go no further or boot the game. Im happy to post a log if one is created somewhere? Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Have tried using the "Reset Pack" feature then launching again - same issue.

Edit 2: Deleted the /roaming/.tekkit folder and ran the launcher again. Works now!

• Discord Moderator

would using //regen on world edit work?

Thermal Expansion in this version has a feature that is supposed to re-populate existing chunks with Uranite. However, I let it run for more than 2 days and it didn't finish so not sure what's going on with that (maybe nearly 60 mystcraft ages?)

I went ahead and turned off the retroactive ore generation. However, my server is running in the 18.5 TPS range with 100% single core usage with no one logged in. We've got about 50 chunks always loaded, but nothing in those loaded chunks is doing anything at all. Less than 200 entities. No active processing, quarries, etc.

Solved: We had 3 locations in the nether that were pumping lava to the overworld. They had basically been exhausted so there were 3 LARGE radii areas with 3-4 layers of flowing lava. I went to all of them and "fixed" the lava with WorldEdit. All the lag went away and I'm back to a solid 20 TPS.

Quick question about MFFS - The machines seem to need power from "Fortron" which is gained basically from an ore called Monazit ore...

I can't seem to even find the ore in the item shower?

Either I am completely and utterly misguided in things needed for this mod or all the wiki's etc are not up-to-date with MFFS 3.0xxxx and you can get it somehow else?

If someone can link a guide or something that shows how I can use the MFFS machines given Tekkit's current items that'd be awesome :D

Edit: Bleh. Extensive google wins. For anyone else confused: http://wiki.universalelectricity.com/mffs:coercion_deriver

green gives you emeralds, rest are up to you to figure out. lol I assume since it is MFR white might be quartz dark blue is prolly lapis red is prolly redstone, it should be intuitive, but also remember it biases the laser towards those ores doesn't just give you only that ore.

Plow, I think that the transparent module and custom color module are now handled by the MPS appearance interface, default key 'l'. You can tweak which pieces of armor are visible and adjust their color and other appearance. I'll get around to updating the wiki on that... Eventually.

Is there an estimate on when a recommended build may be released for those still stuck on 1.0.6? Every bug I've ever gone to the authors about is already fixed and some of the bugs are preventing any further progress on 6 of our current projects. This isn't a "work faster" post, it's just a question so I know an estimated time of when a build will be released that's functional enough to run as a server. I'd be fine with a dev build if it didn't have any catostrphic issues that would destroy worlds and corrupt server files or cause the server to need to be stopped multiple times for any reason. I got a turtle project that I keep trying to run that will take 55.67 hours and it can't survive reboot.

Is there an estimate on when a recommended build may be released for those still stuck on 1.0.6? Every bug I've ever gone to the authors about is already fixed and some of the bugs are preventing any further progress on 6 of our current projects. This isn't a "work faster" post, it's just a question so I know an estimated time of when a build will be released that's functional enough to run as a server. I'd be fine with a dev build if it didn't have any catostrphic issues that would destroy worlds and corrupt server files or cause the server to need to be stopped multiple times for any reason. I got a turtle project that I keep trying to run that will take 55.67 hours and it can't survive reboot.

Im also looking for when we should upgrade. tring to plan the whole ordeal (doing other upgrades aswell. )

I tried fooling around with floodlights for the first time today (from Greg's Lighting) and noticed that turning the light off or destroying the floodlight usually fails to remove all of the light clientside until you either relog or reload the chunk by moving away. The effect seems to be much worse the closer you are to the floodlight before turning it off (a couple blocks away and the light might as well still be on). Not a gamebreaking bug or anything, but thought it should be noted.

Edit: Came across what seems to be another bug just now, I was testing out Makeshift Energy Conduits (With a Tier 2 Upgrade). Once the conduit reaches about ~32766 kJ stored it overflows and wraps around to a negative number, continually filling until it reaches 14464 Kj and stops. The conduit still seems to be holding the proper amount of kJ, its just displaying incorrectly. The Tier 1 Upgrade seems to suffer from a similar problem.