[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Do what I'm planning on doing and add code to mess with the player's heads whenever GregTech is detected. Me, I'm gonna go the Jesus route and turn all the natural world-genned water sources into wine. :D

Funny as that might be, it's also just as bad as what Sengir did in terms of world damage. Now, if you made it visual-only by extending and replacing the vanilla still/flowing water blocks and overriding their getRenderType to your own that calls RenderBlocks.renderBlockFluid with an override texture, and you made sure to have a config option to disable this behaviour once it's no longer funny, then that would be great.

@greg, he kind of seems to be an attention seeker to me. It's as if he desperately wants to be included in Tekkit and hopes someone would pay attention to him. It's kind of sad to see that but the mod itself is, to be honest, one of the best tech mods I've used in MC both in terms of huge amount of content and near bug-freeness. It's also nowhere near as difficult as people make it out to be, it even makes several vanilla-IC2 stuff cheaper to get than they are without the mod.

I think CS had it closer to the truth, that he's not got a hardon for technic, but rather a hardon for ftb and he's using the bandwagon to support that. Then again, I have no knowledge other than reading that thread.

As for the BC landmark moving I think you misunderstood. Zeppelin only moved the lasers beams themselves, not the landmark "torches". At some point I had the laser beams sitting in the sky at 45 degree angle with nothing touching them :)

Because the lasers are entities, yes. Right now, mine would move the torches but not the lasers, but when I add the code to move entities, it should handle both, and the only question would be if the landmarks when broken could still find them to clear them.

Funny as that might be, it's also just as bad as what Sengir did in terms of world damage. Now, if you made it visual-only by extending and replacing the vanilla still/flowing water blocks and overriding their getRenderType to your own that calls RenderBlocks.renderBlockFluid with an override texture, and you made sure to have a config option to disable this behaviour once it's no longer funny, then that would be great.

Heh, I can give that a roll once I get the basics up. Still be as funny as creating a Beergarden biome with hopvine and beer pools all over. (And add a brewhaus maiden mob, but that's too much work for a gag.)

As an added though, you gonna try for one of Searge's modjams?

There's no reason I couldn't, but it seems a bit silly: There are practical limits to even player choice, especially since it's open-source and even somebody who knows exactly jack-shit about coding can simply change it theirself. You don't even have to configure stuff anymore: You download forge, run the "install" script, and it downloads both mcp and minecraft for you and does everything.

EDIT: Here you go:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1504359-152-theboos-mods-craftable-spawners-custom-recipes-and-magic-wands/

Supports mod blocks, so as long as the recipes don't need to generate NBT tags on the items, you're gold. That will work with the items in this mod perfectly, but a lot of the stuff in Essentia Vitae would come out broken if you tried that, or at the very least would default to level 1 cow.

Version 0.0.1.1 now available.

http://j-a-k-j.com/RedstoneInMotion_0.0.1.1.zip

Known issues:

Blocks that schedule updates for themselves (like buttons) do not receive those updates after being moved.

Some modded blocks (like ComputerCraft computers) do not retain their state after motion.

Forge information file (mcmod.info) not yet implemented.

Some blocks in-transit are not yet rendered.

Drives will not work on structure carriages when placed on an edge instead of a corner.

Native-resolution texture option not yet implemented.

ComputerCraft support not yet implemented.

Omni-Wrench support not yet implemented.

Recent changes (full list in "Changes.txt"):

0.0.1.0 -> 0.0.1.1

-- changed recipes back to giving only 1 item each (an increase in wood required)

-- changed carriages to prefer being broken with axe instead of pickaxe

-- improved shading for in-transit rendering even more

-- blocks now do not drop in creative mode

Could you add tubes ( this contains pnuematic (aka normal), frame tubes, rs tubes, frame rs tubes and restriction tubes) plz?

Aren't tubes a part of Redpower2, a soon-to-be-dead mod? There arebetter ways of transporting items now.

I wish we could mount an AE system on a frame ship one day.

PS hey jakj, great job on the frames, it was the part of rp2 I wanted to get a substitute for! And I never expected an ex-buxie to do such a thing.

No reason that AE won't work eventually. Tonight I will push out an update that fixes block updates missing their targets, so at that point go ahead and test AE and tell me if it breaks at all.

I can understand the desire for pipes, wires, and tubes in carriage blocks for the sake of compactness, but honestly, it's not worth supporting when there are so many carriage types. Hell, if you're making something suspended in the air and are careful to never let it touch a wall, you can do the entire construct with just one single platform carriage block.

Hello, buxville person. Your name is very familiar. Why would you not expect this of me? Our are you just saying "hey, small world"? Which is true.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the custom recipes mod. I had another idea also. How about a remote control for the movement? A player could right click an engine with the block to link them and then shift right click to open an interface where they can assign the directions to key presses. Then a player could use say 'I J K L U and O' for the movement of the craft independently from player. Would be a really awesome way to make movement easy.

Remote control will be available with Computercraft integration. For adding to the mod directly I'll add to the "possibly later" list.

Amusingly, that sort of thing is exactly the kind of trick my mod will have difficulty handling in other mods, any case of a block's xyz values being tracked outside of the tile entity.

Version 0.0.2.0 now available.

http://j-a-k-j.com/RedstoneInMotion_0.0.2.0.zip

Known issues:

Entities (like the player, minecarts, farm animals, et cetera) do not move with the carriage.

Some modded blocks (like ComputerCraft computers) do not retain their state after motion.

Forge information file (mcmod.info) not yet implemented.

Some blocks in-transit are not yet rendered.

Drives will not work on structure carriages when placed on an edge instead of a corner.

Native-resolution texture option not yet implemented.

ComputerCraft support not yet implemented.

Omni-Wrench support not yet implemented.

Recent changes (full list in "Changes.txt"):

0.0.1.1 -> 0.0.2.0

-- Blocks that have pending updates (such as buttons that were pressed) will now receive those updates after being moved. The blocks are in suspended animation during the motion, so the time remaining before the update will not decrease during transit (meaning that if it had 0.5 seconds before being updated before, once it finishes being moved, it will still have 0.5 seconds before being updated).

Important note:

If you get a crash that says "TickNextTick list out of synch", tell me, because that's probably my mod doing it. However, the code I wrote should (in theory) never generate the condition for that crash, so (hopefully) it will never happen to anyone.

Also, don't stare too hard at the code. I did it in a very hackish way that I will later rewrite to be better, but for now it works fine, and since there are almost never a whole lot of pending block updates unless you just dumped down an entire ocean that's flowing down the side of a mountain, the inefficiency should be drowned out.

As long as you're willing to license them openly (WTFPL, GPL, CC, public domain, or something of the sort), then yes, I need them, because all I would do is scale down the existing textures in GIMP and they would look like absolute shit. I am not an artist by any means. (Just make sure they look fairly similar to the existing textures, so there's not a jarring "is this even the same mod" difference between them.)

If you want to do that, then great. Go inside my texture directories (in the zipfile) and you'll find the original .xcf files with the separate layers that I use. I don't plan on adding any more textures any time soon, so if you do everything in there, it'll be a complete set for the forseeable future.

You can make any array of them that you'd like to, as long as they're all full sets and powers of 2 (16x, 32x, 64x, etc.). I'll just put an option in the config file for the player to choose.

Also, "2moz" made me die a little inside.

Ah, cool then. I did check my statistics with GoDaddy and it's starting to pull about 300 megs per day now. Part of that is the zip is one huge thing of everything, though, and if I put in nothing but the mod itself and kept the source download separate, it would be barely anything. I like having it atomic, though. If it gets to be a problem, we'll see; Right now, it gives me 300 gigs per month.

placed a motor on my smp test server and I got instant a kick with EndofStream and console says only:

15:01:17 CONSOLE: [information] java.lang.NullPointerException

15:01:17 CONSOLE: [information] at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet.func_73281_k(Packet.java:129)

15:01:17 CONSOLE: [information] at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet.func_73266_a(Packet.java:192)

15:01:17 CONSOLE: [information] at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74459_h(TcpConnection.java:204)

15:01:17 CONSOLE: [information] at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74451_d(TcpConnection.java:555)

15:01:17 CONSOLE: [information] at net.minecraft.network.TcpWriterThread.run(SourceFile:115)

so there is no crash or crashlog so :/